AACOMAS Releasing MCAT Scores...Is It Really 4-6 Weeks??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

selfhealer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I was just told something which now has me very concerned.

I just received my MCAT scores yesterday (9/14), and I immediately instructed THx to send my MCAT scores to AACOMAS so that the DO schools which I applied to could receive my scores. I assumed that my list of schools would be notified of my MCATS in a matter of days at the most.

However I just spoke with an admissions rep at UMDNJ School of Osteopathic Med (1 of the schools to which i'm applying), and they stated that it takes between 4-6 weeks for AACOMAS to notify them of my scores.

Is that really the case????

My AACOMAS app has been verified, I have sent out all of my letters of rec. to my list of DO schools, I have completed most of the secondaries...but now I am being told that schools won't receive my MCAT for another 4-6 weeks!!

Am I misunderstanding something here or will it really be another month or more before my application is considered "complete" since apparently it takes so long for AACOMAS to send out one's MCAT scores???

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys,
I was just told something which now has me very concerned.

I just received my MCAT scores yesterday (9/14), and I immediately instructed THx to send my MCAT scores to AACOMAS so that the DO schools which I applied to could receive my scores. I assumed that my list of schools would be notified of my MCATS in a matter of days at the most.

However I just spoke with an admissions rep at UMDNJ School of Osteopathic Med (1 of the schools to which i'm applying), and they stated that it takes between 4-6 weeks for AACOMAS to notify them of my scores.

Is that really the case????

My AACOMAS app has been verified, I have sent out all of my letters of rec. to my list of DO schools, I have completed most of the secondaries...but now I am being told that schools won't receive my MCAT for another 4-6 weeks!!

Am I misunderstanding something here or will it really be another month or more before my application is considered "complete" since apparently it takes so long for AACOMAS to send out one's MCAT scores???

I guess it is once a week either on tuesday or wensday.
It is up to teh individual schools when they download the MCAT score/Revised application.

You could mail an official report to each school. That's what I did and most schools told me I was complete after 2 weeks or so. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
that seems excessive(if they release them in 4-6 weeks)

It took two weeks for my whole primary to be verified

Took two days for my MCAT to be sent to AACOMAS

I just went through this so here it is:

only touro NY accepts a copy of the score which you can fax them. The rest will wait till they get the score from aacomas. it took most of them 2 weeks to get the score so I would call every thursday to see if there is an update! good luck