aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Transcripts sent out 7-8 days ago and still haven't been received. Should I assume lost. Anyone been in this predicament. Should I send out new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

They were sent out to
AACPM
PO BOX 9200
WATERTOWN MA 02471.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that have interviewed at Scholl: How did you get from the airport to hotel/campus? Is renting a car the best method of transportation?

I am just going to post my question here in this thread as I don't know which thread is appropriate. When you receive scholarships do you receive that money upfront to be used for rent, books, supplies, food...or do they just put that towards tuition?

Scholarships are usually put towards tuitions and the loans are towards everything else.

Reactions: 1 user
What is the typical wait time for verification of transcripts?

How soon did you guys receive interview invites after you have been verified?

It took approximately a week for some 2 weeks for others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. Heard immediately from Kent. I applied really early though. Second week of the cycle opening.

I believe NYCPM also sent theirs out very early as well.

Dang ok thank you. Where did you end up at?

How soon did you guys receive interview invites after you have been verified?

I applied in October and was verified at 7am on a Monday morning. I heard from NYCPM and Kent an hour later. Temple later that afternoon. Western the next day. DMU and CSPM like 5 days later. AZPod took like a week and Barry took two weeks. Scholl took the longest but only because I hadn't sent in my letters. But it took like a day after I got my letters in.

That's prolly more detail than you need haha.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied in October and was verified at 7am on a Monday morning. I heard from NYCPM and Kent an hour later. Temple later that afternoon. Western the next day. DMU and CSPM like 5 days later. AZPod took like a week and Barry took two weeks. Scholl took the longest but only because I hadn't sent in my letters. But it took like a day after I got my letters in.

That's prolly more detail than you need haha.
+1 for the letters from Scholl.

They're still sending me reminder emails.....I need to email them back some time.

My anxiousness level is at an all time high. I have never been this anxious ever. So far only emails about schools receiving my application and its under review.

My anxiousness level is at an all time high. I have never been this anxious ever. So far only emails about schools receiving my application and its under review.

Please relax! Everything will be just fine :)

Well first rejection from temple even though I indicated an MCAT retake in January.

For those of you that have interviewed at Scholl: How did you get from the airport to hotel/campus? Is renting a car the best method of transportation?
I took a lyft line from the airport O'hare to the hotel that I stayed at which was 5 min from campus. The when I wanted to go into downtown Chicago I took a taxi to the metro train to go into town (taxi $10 and metra train round trip $8) then going back to the airport from Scholl I took a taxi which had a flat rate of $50. Hope this info helps! Oh and I fell in LOVE with the school its amazing!!!

I've been accepted to Barry, what happens next?

You enter you name in the goblet of fire (or send your check for a seat reservation according to the acceptance email, either will do)

Also congrats! Will see you in August :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

I completely understand how you're feeling. I was feeling that way too after submitting my apps and getting "application under review" emails from almost all schools except for the 3 that auto-rejected me. I don't know if this helps but it took a day after verification to get an ii from NYCPM, 1 week for CSPM, 2 weeks from DMU Barry and Kent, and 4 weeks for Scholl. It might even be taking a little longer now since its a busy time of year with the holidays but it doesn't mean that you won't get an ii! I accepted 3 interviews and got accepted into all those schools so hopefully that helps with the anxiety...it'll all work out so just enjoy the holidays! Interviews/acceptances are coming!

I completely understand how you're feeling. I was feeling that way too after submitting my apps and getting "application under review" emails from almost all schools except for the 3 that auto-rejected me. I don't know if this helps but it took a day after verification to get an ii from NYCPM, 1 week for CSPM, 2 weeks from DMU Barry and Kent, and 4 weeks for Scholl. It might even be taking a little longer now since its a busy time of year with the holidays but it doesn't mean that you won't get an ii! I accepted 3 interviews and got accepted into all those schools so hopefully that helps with the anxiety...it'll all work out so just enjoy the holidays! Interviews/acceptances are coming!

Thank you for the assurance. I'm guessing temple was one of the schools that auto-rejected you?

Yup Temple, Western, AZPOD

I have a hunch that the other schools look at applications on a holistic bases like DO schools and don't have cut offs necessarily. I actually have relaxed a lot and have been hitting the gym more often.

I have a hunch that the other schools look at applications on a holistic bases like DO schools and don't have cut offs necessarily. I actually have relaxed a lot and have been hitting the gym more often.

I was rejected post-interview at AZpod.

Surprised my undergrad stats even made it past the screener. Any chance they might've looked at my graduate gpa instead?

I was rejected post-interview at AZpod.

Surprised my undergrad stats even made it past the screener. Any chance they might've looked at my graduate gpa instead?

I'd say call them. Didn't you lock down CSPM?

I'd say call them. Didn't you lock down CSPM?

Yeah I did.

This is all after the fact. Rejection letter said I should heavily consider their SMP if I wanted to apply there next cycle.

I should've called for feedback huh? It wasn't my top choice so I'm not sore over it anymore haha.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 10.55.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 10.55.23 AM.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 70
I am going to be sending in my deposit to Temple in the next week or so. I'm extremely nervous for it though because it's like officially beginning the next chapter of my life lol But TUSPM 2021! Woohoo!!

My biggest fear though is the letter that they sent claiming there are no guarantees for Residency spots (duh!) but it's like what if I make it through and then I don't have a spot lol

Last edited:
I am going to be sending in my deposit to Temple in the next week or so. I'm extremely nervous for it though because it's like officially beginning the next chapter of my life lol But TUSPM 2021! Woohoo!!

My biggest fear though is the letter that they sent claiming there are no guarantees for Residency spots (duh!) but it's like what if I make it through and then I don't have a spot lol
Work hard. Do your best.

Roll the dice on the rest.

[QUOTE="My biggest fear though is the letter that they sent claiming there are no guarantees for Residency spots (duh!) but it's like what if I make it through and then I don't have a spot lol[/QUOTE]

Although there is no guarantee, looking the current and past match stats for all 9 schools, I believe, everyone has a great chance of matching in the future as well. Of course, we have to do well both in class work and clinical work, along with passing the boards, but the match rate for Pods school is similar if not better than the MD/DO counterparts.

Well it's been almost 2 weeks, only a rejection from temple and an app on hold from scholl so far.

Well it's been almost 2 weeks, only a rejection from temple and an app on hold from scholl so far.

Did you apply to all 9?

It's full swing for interview season right now so they're a little slow on getting back.

I'm sure there will be a school that gives you an invite!

Did you apply to all 9?

It's full swing for interview season right now so they're a little slow on getting back.

I'm sure there will be a school that gives you an invite!

I applied to the bigger schools.

2.9 sgpa/cgpa
490 MCAT
Retaking in January
I know it's ****ty :(
ECs and LORs are top notch

Focus on that MCAT retake.
Not much you can do with gpa right now unless you have time to prep for a reapplication next year.
Solid MCAT will boost your chances significantly.

Maybe like a 496+?