aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know about the situation regarding the residency shortage? Everyone (faculty) kinda danced around the issue when I asked about it. I think its an important question to ask, considering that we are spending 300k+ in debt and 4 years of our lives for a DPM.

Edit: When I asked students about it, they said it would be resolved by the 2020 class.

I received my first acceptance!!!! To NYCPM!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you didn't dig deep enough in SDN. When I asked the student during my tour of the school he said that residency shortage is attributed to the fact that there is a residency for everyone that graduates from Podiatry school that year but there is a couple of people that didn't match the prior year hence the "shortage". Hypothetically speaking there is a residency spot for every podiatry student who graduates. MD and DO actually have a worse residency shortage then podiatry by double or triple.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys receive a "decision made" email from Kent post interview?

Last edited:
Did you guys received a "decision made" email from Kent post interview?

I never got anything like that from them, just an acceptance email. (Interviewed there around the end of September.)

You guys ever read this. It's pretty scary what this article if true is saying about podiatry now.
http://podpost.us/issue/march-2015/...student-s-letter-that-was-rejected-by-pm-news

If you look around SDN you'll see ocassional posts about that site. I think some of the older members here know who runs it and have said he's mentally unstable. That site is like the one source of info like that. If you look at any of the major pod websites, talk to actual students and doctors, or get info from absolutely anywhere else it's totally different from what you'll find on that site. Steer clear of that place.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Were you able to give them a call today?

The admission committee meets once every Tuesday so I thought I could wait until tomorrow. Also Carla is out of the office from Thursday until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Decided on NYCPM, Jan start. HERE WE GOOO!!

Reactions: 9 users
Were you able to give them a call today?

Gave them a call today and they told me that it's still under review and they have been busy with interviews. I talked to her about the "decision made" email and she was confused so I am assuming it's automated.

Gave them a call today and they told me that it's still under review and they have been busy with interviews. I talked to her about the "decision made" email and she was confused so I am assuming it's automated.

Hang in there, chief!!! You be in here by the end of the week to tell us you got in!!

Also, the automation email should be checked out then since it's misleading like you just experienced.

Who else are you waiting to hear back from?

Any good news for you bud? What day did you interview on?

Nothing yet. I interviewed last week.

How bout u? Any news?

I tell yah something, I think that in about 10 years, pod school is gonna be as competitive as DO school is now. The profession looks extremely promising and the people I interviewed with had interviews at MD and DO schools.

Nothing yet. I interviewed last week.

How bout u? Any news?

I tell yah something, I think that in about 10 years, pod school is gonna be as competitive as DO school is now. The profession looks extremely promising and the people I interviewed with had interviews at MD and DO schools.

I mean 40,000 applicants for MD/DO compared to 1000 applicants for Pod...10 years or more sounds about right.

Nothing yet on my end. I hope they don't make us wait until after the holidays lol

I mean 40,000 applicants for MD/DO compared to 1000 applicants for Pod...10 years or more sounds about right.

Nothing yet on my end. I hope they don't make us wait until after the holidays lol

Same here.

U interview anywhere else?

Holy cow that's soon.

Yeah, crazy soon. Still hasn't hit me yet. But I think I'll be alright. Although I haven't had much time to really mentally prepare, I've been out of undergrad for 1.5 years, so I've had a good amount of time for R&R.

Yeah, crazy soon. Still hasn't hit me yet. But I think I'll be alright. Although I haven't had much time to really mentally prepare, I've been out of undergrad for 1.5 years, so I've had a good amount of time for R&R.

Congratulations sir. Did you interview at Kent?

Congratulations sir. Did you interview at Kent?

thank you! I'm so excited to finally begin!

And nope, besides the original "we're checking out your app," I haven't heard anything from them for the past 3 weeks

Last edited:
*Miss. Last time I checked, I was indeed female. :p
But thank you! I'm so excited to finally begin!

And nope, besides the original "we're checking out your app," I haven't heard anything from them for the past 3 weeks

Are you sure? No I'm kidding but I do apologize though. What interested you in NYCPM? I am really curious. Most of the people I spoke to said Temple was the better of the 2.

Same here.

U interview anywhere else?

Nope. Scholl and NY put my app on hold. Barry said they wouldn't hold off my app and in fact that decision is granted after they review. Needless to say I got rejected from Barry pre-interview. Temple said they were going to reject me based off my MCAT. But would reconsider when I take it in January and submit my scores.

Are you sure? No I'm kidding but I do apologize though. What interested you in NYCPM? I am really curious. Most of the people I spoke to said Temple was the better of the 2.

I did prefer Temple. But the logistics of having to move to Philly when most likely, my life will always be in NY, seemed annoying and unnecessary. But I'm still not confident in my decision...

I did prefer Temple. But the logistics of having to move to Philly when most likely, my life will always be in NY, seemed annoying and unnecessary. But I'm still not confident in my decision...

Honestly if I had to choose between Philly or NY... I would 100% pick NY. If I had to pick between NYCPM or Temple I would definitely pick NYCPM. I think you made the right decision! Good luck on your future of becoming a DPM!!

Honestly if I had to choose between Philly or NY... I would 100% pick NY. If I had to pick between NYCPM or Temple I would definitely pick NYCPM. I think you made the right decision! Good luck on your future of becoming a DPM!!

What really tipped the balance in NYCPM's favor was location. It's (decently) close to home and most people I know live in the city. I also talked to some podiatrists and they all pretty much said pod school is what you make of it. Doesn't really matter where you go, but what you do while there. If you succeed at one school, you most likely would have also succeed at another school. Same with doing poorly...

What really tipped the balance in NYCPM's favor was location. It's (decently) close to home and most people I know live in the city. I also talked to some podiatrists and they all pretty much said pod school is what you make of it. Doesn't really matter where you go, but what you do while there. If you succeed at one school, you most likely would have also succeed at another school. Same with doing poorly...

Have you decided on how you will be commuting to campus?

Yeah, I thinks it's gonna be "you have to get above a 495" in a couple years to be considered. The people I interviewed with all had higher MCATs than me AZPOD said their class average was around 501. That's like DO competitiveness.

When I asked they said they would let us know by the end of this week.

I did not get the "application under review" email however. I think that is a good sign for you! Bad sign for me.

U made the right choice. I visited Philly last year and was repulsed by the city. The liberty stuff was pretty cool but downtown Philly is a mess.

Yeah, I applied for the Jan term also but need to take the MCAT in about a month. Anyways, hope to be part of NYCPM in the Fall :) Congrats!

Good luck! Grind out the studying and get the score you want! It'll all be worth it in the long run

U made the right choice. I visited Philly last year and was repulsed by the city. The liberty stuff was pretty cool but downtown Philly is a mess.

I figured the known "evil" is better than the unknown. I know NYC. Philly, not so much. The added stresses of having to figure out how to navigate Philly isn't worth it to me

Yeah, I thinks it's gonna be "you have to get above a 495" in a couple years to be considered. The people I interviewed with all had higher MCATs than me AZPOD said their class average was around 501. That's like DO competitiveness.

When I asked they said they would let us know by the end of this week.

I did not get the "application under review" email however. I think that is a good sign for you! Bad sign for me.

You did call admissions?? This week?? They told you we would find out by the end of this week for sure?

You did call admissions?? This week?? They told you we would find out by the end of this week for sure?

No, I did not call, but that's what they told me during my interview when they asked if I had any questions. Carla said that by the end of this week/before Christmas they would let us know.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a very merry Christmas for you esamoham.

Accepted at Kent! First one doesn't even feel real.

Holy cow all those years of undergrad study finally paid off.

1,000$ deposit tho, looks like I'm working overtime next month!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted at Kent! First one doesn't even feel real.

Holy cow all those years of undergrad study finally paid off.

1,000$ deposit tho, looks like I'm working overtime next month!

Congratulations!!!!!! :highfive: