aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II for Kent!!!
submitted: 1/16/17
verified: 1/17/17
Invite: 1/18/17
Scheduled: 2/1/17

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
You'd benefit from a couple more hours of shadowing a pod specifically. Nothing crazy, maybe 50-100 hrs.

You can shadow while you send in your app and it'll still be enough time.

The scholarship amounts differ per school. Do a quick search in the pod forums about it. I've seen anywhere from 6k to 16k competitively per year.

PM me if you want details on how they rank you numbers wise to qualify for scholarships.
Can you please elaborate on what gpa/mcat will make you competitive for scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you please elaborate on what gpa/mcat will make you competitive for scholarships?
All the schools are more than happy to give you the information. Give them a call. It is also a good conversation starter during interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
What SLC and Dexter said: take my estimations with a grain of salt. Consult the schools directly and estimate using the threads linked.

II with Scholl today!!!
submitted: 1/16/17
verified: 1/17/17
Invite: 1/19/17
Scheduled: 2/6/17

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
hey everyone, thinking about applying next cycle and wanted to confirm bc i've seen some different answers: transcripts can be sent electronically to AACPMAS and then they will do the rest from there as far as getting them to the schools, correct? I see some websites say send by mail to AACPMAS, but sending them electronically through the application is sufficient im guessing? also, since letters of rec have to be mailed (assuming im not using interfolio or anything), have people just asked their writers to send their letter to differnt places? i know western U for example has a sheet to fill out that they attach to the letter and send. thanks everyone!

hey everyone, thinking about applying next cycle and wanted to confirm bc i've seen some different answers: transcripts can be sent electronically to AACPMAS and then they will do the rest from there as far as getting them to the schools, correct? I see some websites say send by mail to AACPMAS, but sending them electronically through the application is sufficient im guessing? also, since letters of rec have to be mailed (assuming im not using interfolio or anything), have people just asked their writers to send their letter to differnt places? i know western U for example has a sheet to fill out that they attach to the letter and send. thanks everyone!
It says here that the transcripts need to be mailed unless your school is a part of Credentials Solutions.
I used interfolio, but you should be able to have your writer mail the letter to the schools you apply to (provide addressed and stamped envelopes for them).

Reactions: 1 users

What @jelly-b said.

To add on- Interfolio is the easiest way to send your letters, I believe this is for both your professor and you. Interfolio tells you how to send them a request to write the letter. They type it up and email it back to Interfolio using the link you've sent them. Once they're done, you can choose to send them to multiple schools or hang on to those letters until all of your letters are in.

If you are worried about expenses, Scholl is the only program that requires you to have letters in before they look at your app. Every other school asks for them after acceptance. You can turn them in early if you'd like but it is not a make or break deal in most cases.

If money is tight, make an Interfolio account but don't send letters until after your interview to your top pick.

I did not send letters until after I recieved an acceptance from my top pick. In your acceptance letter, one of the requirements will be to send in final transcripts as well as recommendation letters.

I forgot how much it is to send each letter but I only had to send 1 set out.

What @jelly-b said.

To add on- Interfolio is the easiest way to send your letters, I believe this is for both your professor and you. Interfolio tells you how to send them a request to write the letter. They type it up and email it back to Interfolio using the link you've sent them. Once they're done, you can choose to send them to multiple schools or hang on to those letters until all of your letters are in.

If you are worried about expenses, Scholl is the only program that requires you to have letters in before they look at your app. Every other school asks for them after acceptance. You can turn them in early if you'd like but it is not a make or break deal in most cases.

If money is tight, make an Interfolio account but don't send letters until after your interview to your top pick.

I did not send letters until after I recieved an acceptance from my top pick. In your acceptance letter, one of the requirements will be to send in final transcripts as well as recommendation letters.

interesting...i thought letters were required before schools looked at the application. so it seems like they're not really taken into account when deciding if they want to extend an interview? sorry if these are dumb questions, im pretty new to the podiatry app :)

Members don't see this ad :)
What @jelly-b said.

in terms of the acceptance letter saying final transcripts need to be sent, that would already be done if you got them mailed to AACPMAS to begin with correct? they would then forward those to the school?

interesting...i thought letters were required before schools looked at the application. so it seems like they're not really taken into account when deciding if they want to extend an interview? sorry if these are dumb questions, im pretty new to the podiatry app :)

in terms of the acceptance letter saying final transcripts need to be sent, that would already be done if you got them mailed to AACPMAS to begin with correct? they would then forward those to the school?

Nah you're cool dude.

Personally, I did not feel like having letters in before my app was sent out was a huge deciding factor. There is a caveat- I applied the 2nd week apps opened. If you have competitive grades, having letters in after may not be a problem. Biggest hurdle was actually getting that personal statement done.

You send all current transcripts you have to AACPMAS. They crunch the numbers and your GPAs show up on their system. Some interviewers will take this exact AACPMAS copy into the room when you interview with them so they have all your grades/retakes/horrible undergrad mistakes in the palm of their hands.

However after your acceptance, one of the final requirements is to turn in all finalized transcripts upon graduating if you are still currently in school. That's what I meant.

Nah you're cool dude.

Personally, I did not feel like having letters in before my app was sent out was a huge deciding factor. There is a caveat- I applied the 2nd week apps opened. If you have competitive grades, having letters in after may not be a problem. Biggest hurdle was actually getting that personal statement done.

You send all current transcripts you have to AACPMAS. They crunch the numbers and your GPAs show up on their system. Some interviewers will take this exact AACPMAS copy into the room when you interview with them so they have all your grades/retakes/horrible undergrad mistakes in the palm of their hands.

However after your acceptance, one of the final requirements is to turn in all finalized transcripts upon graduating if you are still currently in school. That's what I meant.
ahh okay thanks! one more question, does the app open before august so you can start putting things in?

Hey everyone,

So has anyone yet been placed on a waitlist post interview? Im on the waitlist for DMU and am unsure how its supposed to play out.

Hey everyone,

So has anyone yet been placed on a waitlist post interview? Im on the waitlist for DMU and am unsure how its supposed to play out.
I don't know about DMU, but I was waitlisted at Midwestern, and they emailed me about three weeks later to tell me that I was pulled off the waitlist. As far as I know it's just a waiting game.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone,

I was waitlisted at DMU over two months ago. never heard back.

Ah the deadly "Silent Rejection".

Nobody likes to get rejected.

I thought DMU loved me. She certainly made it seem that way: YOU have been invited to interview with us. What, a date with the hottest podiatry school in town? How could I say no? DMU had amazing assets, solid 10/10: a full stimulation lab, promises of being trained in the total body perspective, illustrious anatomy labs, you even got to hang out with her hot DO friends. At the end of the day, I was just another applicant sap taken around the block for fun. I paid for all the application fees, heck, I even splurged and paid for the hotel room, but in the end, I was friend zoned.

DMU said I was a great guy, but they found someone with a much larger MCAT. Those bad boy biochemistry majors have all the fun.

Reactions: 9 users
Nobody likes to get rejected.

I thought DMU loved me. She certainly made it seem that way: YOU have been invited to interview with us. What, a date with the hottest podiatry school in town? How could I say no? DMU had amazing assets, solid 10/10: a full stimulation lab, promises of being trained in the total body perspective, illustrious anatomy labs, you even got to hang out with her hot DO friends. At the end of the day, I was just another applicant sap taken around the block for fun. I paid for all the application fees, heck, I even splurged and paid for the hotel room, but in the end, I was friend zoned.

DMU said I was a great guy, but they found someone with a much larger MCAT. Those bad boy biochemistry majors have all the fun.

Dam...DMU is a harsh mistress

Anyone take the MCAT today?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I wish.. Not til end of April. What score do you think i need to get? I have a 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 3.4 BCP, a lot of volunteering and a few years working in the medical industry as an MA/CNA/dental assistant

I wish.. Not til end of April. What score do you think i need to get? I have a 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 3.4 BCP, a lot of volunteering and a few years working in the medical industry as an MA/CNA/dental assistant

Aim for 500+.

A 493 is technical lowest.

Please look through other threads on forum for scores + stats + scholarship info + past matriculant gpa trends.

Accepted at Midwestern!!!

For those interested

3.5c GPA, 3.0 sGPA, low 490s MCAT. It can be done. Get in while the getting is good ladies and gents, I foresee a massive uptick in applicants come Fall this year.

Reactions: 7 users

For those interested

3.5c GPA, 3.0 sGPA, low 490s MCAT. It can be done. Get in while the getting is good ladies and gents, I foresee a massive uptick in applicants come Fall this year.
Congrats!!!

Interview with Kent yesterday went good!!!! I will be sure to fill out the interview feedback thread at the conclusion of my interview process later this month.

Update: I filled out the Interview FB!!!

Last edited:

For those interested

Did they something to lead you believe there will be an uptick in applicants or do you just feel that podiatry is gaining more exposure to pre-health students?

Did they something to lead you believe there will be an uptick in applicants or do you just feel that podiatry is gaining more exposure to pre-health students?
I spoke with admissions office at Scholl. They don't believe there will be an uptick of applicants due to the AACOM policy change.

Flight and Hotel all booked for my Scholl interview on Monday!!!

My dream is starting to become a reality as I was accepted into Kent today with scholarship!!!! I owe so much to this forum throughout this process!!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Was conditionally accepted at KSUCPM! 4.0 GPA however have yet to take the MCAT. EC's included peer mentoring, 302 volunteer hours, 50+ shadowing hours each of general surgery and private practice podiatrist, 200 hour PT internship.

Was conditionally accepted at KSUCPM! 4.0 GPA however have yet to take the MCAT. EC's included peer mentoring, 302 volunteer hours, 50+ shadowing hours each of general surgery and private practice podiatrist, 200 hour PT internship.
What was the condition?

Congrats!

I would deff ask what MCAT score u need.

Accepted at Temple!!!

do you think they would give me a discrete number?

Yup. Or at the very least a percentile.

Last thing u want is to have them not specify it and then not get the unspecified number.

Conditional acceptances are tricky. Make sure u have what they want in writing.

Why am I not hearing much about NYCPM this cycle? Are people getting interviews and just not going? I have mine march 2nd

Im sure they would base it on your GPA too. Since its so high they probably don't require a high MCAT.