aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an early invitation interview from CSPM SMU. Has anybody else gotten this? What are the interviews like? Do you remember any of the questions and how should I prepare for the interview? This is my first one, so I am not sure how to practice.
At the top of the page there is a link labeled, "interview feedback." You will find a lot of practice questions there.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my first ii from NYCPM Kent and Scholl are still waiting on my official MCAT. Haven't heard back from Barry yet. I know they've been delayed in the past, so has anyone heard from them? Hope the process is going well for all of you guys

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my first ii from NYCPM Kent and Scholl are still waiting on my official MCAT. Haven't heard back from Barry yet. I know they've been delayed in the past, so has anyone heard from them? Hope the process is going well for all of you guys

Wait you sent in your app without a mcat score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to NYCPM! ignoring/cancelling my other II's since this was my top choice

Reactions: 9 users

Yeah, I got an ii from Barry about a week ago.

Did anyone get a, "thank you for taking the initial step and applying to our school"?

I got one from NYCPM today but my transcripts haven't even been verified, reviewed, and I haven't sent any apps to the schools yet.

Did anyone get a, "thank you for taking the initial step and applying to our school"?

I got one from NYCPM today but my transcripts haven't even been verified, reviewed, and I haven't sent any apps to the schools yet.
Yep I got one today! I'm in the same situation. App almost done, but not submitted. Sounds like they received a list of whoever started the app but didn't finish?

Yep I got one today! I'm in the same situation. App almost done, but not submitted. Sounds like they received a list of whoever started the app but didn't finish?
could be the case because I was wondering how they would know without it being submitted.

They're the only school that have sent one though

So should I go ahead and sign the release statement even if my transcripts/mcat aren't verified yet?

I called DMU and they said they aren't interviewing for another few weeks. I also asked them if the average mcat score on their website was accurate (490). In the Podiatric Medical College Information Book it states that their average was a 497. She told me the 490 was accurate, but I'm still uneasy about that. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called DMU and they said they aren't interviewing for another few weeks. I also asked them if the average mcat score on their website was accurate (490). In the Podiatric Medical College Information Book it states that their average was a 497. She told me the 490 was accurate, but I'm still uneasy about that. What do you all think?

The higher the better.

Its accurate in a sense that they may have hit the 490 average in previous years.

But you can bet your ass applicants will have higher scores.

Focus on yourself. The higher you score, the better.

I have an interview for DMU in 2 weeks and my mcat score was 493. Obviously this is lower than recommended, but I hope that for right now I'm in the mark for DMU.

Reactions: 1 user
Just submitted my app, very very nervous.....

Reactions: 3 users
I'm a little confused, what exactly are ii or secondaries? I thought these were only in MD/DO schools.

How long did it take ya'll to get verified?

Just sent my app! Let's hope my schools send in my transcripts quick. I'm already nervous

Verified. Where does it tell us our calculated gpa on the app?

I don't know what to do. I've got all these interview invites and only have enough money for 4 or 5 max interviews. They are all sending me everything at once. Have only flew in an airplane once!! I have to sign up for interviews, make a schedule, call off work for 3 days every week (tutoring job), schedule airbnb , purchase cheap flights aka spirit, and research/prepare for the actual interview... OMG I'm freaking out :(

I don't know what to do. I've got all these interview invites and only have enough money for 4 or 5 max interviews. They are all sending me everything at once. Have only flew in an airplane once!! I have to sign up for interviews, make a schedule, call off work for 3 days every week (tutoring job), schedule airbnb , purchase cheap flights aka spirit, and research/prepare for the actual interview... OMG I'm freaking out :(
Which schools offered you interviews? Interview where you can see yourself staying for 4 years

want to trade places with me? Haven't taken the mcat yet and no iis yet either :)

I'm in the same boat lol. It's so stressful, I have 3 interviews next week and then 2 two weeks after. I'm missing so much school right before midterms and I have a research project that I'm going to be super behind on. Also so expensive cuz I'm in Canada :bigtears: I hope I get in somewhere so this is all worth it :cat:

I'm in the same boat lol. It's so stressful, I have 3 interviews next week and then 2 two weeks after. I'm missing so much school right before midterms and I have a research project that I'm going to be super behind on. Also so expensive cuz I'm in Canada :bigtears: I hope I get in somewhere so this is all worth it :cat:

How long does it usually take to hear back after an interview? I'm interviewing at Kent next Friday, NYCPM on the 11th and Scholl on the 17th. I'm trying to put off buying a plane ticket to Philadelphia for my interview on November 4th until after I hear back from Scholl but not sure if that'll be possible

I submitted my app monday. Got invites to CSPM, Western U, and NY. I am hoping to get interviews from Barry and AZ soon because I only want to go to CSPM, Western U, Barry, AZ (due to weather, I live in the south and can't function in cold conditions). On top of all that, my parents aren't convinced about podiatry and don't want me to leave the city. They don't want me to take loans and they want me to stay in the city that I'm in. They said it's onlyworth moving the city if I'm going to a MD, DO, or Dentistry program :(((

I submitted my app monday. Got invites to CSPM, Western U, and NY. I am hoping to get interviews from Barry and AZ soon because I only want to go to CSPM, Western U, Barry, AZ (due to weather, I live in the south and can't function in cold conditions). On top of all that, my parents aren't convinced about podiatry and don't want me to leave the city. They don't want me to take loans and they want me to stay in the city that I'm in. They said it's onlyworth moving the city if I'm going to a MD, DO, or Dentistry program :(((
congrats. when were u verified?

Have you talked to them about what Podiatry is all about? My parents felt the same until I told them more about it and then they were totally supportive. A lot of people have no idea what it is and therefore they tend to come to weird conclusions. It's your future so do what's best for you, the loans will be paid off eventually :)

How long does it usually take to hear back after an interview? I'm interviewing at Kent next Friday, NYCPM on the 11th and Scholl on the 17th. I'm trying to put off buying a plane ticket to Philadelphia for my interview on November 4th until after I hear back from Scholl but not sure if that'll be possible

From what I heard, 2-3 weeks?

Within 2 weeks after interview.

Interviewed Sep. 8th. Got decision from Kent today Sep. 21.

Some get it much quicker depending on how strong your app is.

Have you talked to them about what Podiatry is all about? My parents felt the same until I told them more about it and then they were totally supportive. A lot of people have no idea what it is and therefore they tend to come to weird conclusions. It's your future so do what's best for you, the loans will be paid off eventually :)

@Racer543

My parents still aren't happy with it but here I am pulling out loans and hard earned money for interviews.
Came home to see them just last weekend and they were still pushing the whole "MD/DO or bust" agenda.

Some times there really is no convincing them.

You just have to do what you like and see where you realistically fit.

Even after you've hit the pinnacle of whatever career you've chosen, they'll still have plenty to complain about for you to improve on. Its their job.

@Racer543

My parents still aren't happy with it but here I am pulling out loans and hard earned money for interviews.
Came home to see them just last weekend and they were still pushing the whole "MD/DO or bust" agenda.

Even after you've hit the pinnacle of whatever career you've chosen, they'll still have plenty to complain about for you to improve on. Its their job.

I've never stood up to my parents before. Can't wait to see how things unfold when I break the news to them lol

With hard work and a track record to prove it, you can and will get in. Skies the limit.
I love you, brother!

Happy for you Dr. Wierdy! You deserve this!

(bro hug)

@Racer543

This was less of my parents but I kept thinking about it to myself as well, do I want that title MD in front of my name? Well it might look cool, but, people will still be calling me Dr. (My lastname).
The salary can honestly be pretty decent
Most of us are not going into an MD program anyway and DO prospects are usually primary care.
With DPM you can be an official "surgeon".
Youll do fine. And are not/were not alone in this dilemma.

P.S. It seems podiatry is a tad bit easier than MD, schools as far depending on the school you chose.
Which I will never turn down the worse path.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone primarily want to go to CSPM or Barry??

Just realized I entered the wrong course names for one of my transcripts. How can I update the info if i already submitted my application?

Is it bad to open my personal statement discussing that I did not always to be a podiatrist because I didn't know much about the field? And then I discuss how excited I was when I came across it etc. and so on?

Is it bad to open my personal statement discussing that I did not always to be a podiatrist because I didn't know much about the field? And then I discuss how excited I was when I came across it etc. and so on?
That's great. It usually happens that way. Tell your story. Those reading it want to get to know you.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

You could say something more like, I wanted to do healthcare/medicine but didn't know exactly which path to take. Then I stumbled upon podiatry, etc etc. rather than saying you did not always want to be a podiatrist.

It's not a bad idea to address it in your personal statement. They will be asking you that same question again in interviews so how you landed on podiatry is something they do like to hear about.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile