AACPMAS 2018- 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea i'm super happy about the interview invite! I just thought this stuff usually got sent out typically when the admission staff is at the school.
And how was your NYCPM interview? I heard it's more of a "serious" type when it comes around to the faculty interview. Any tips and was the sdn feedback useful when you interviewed?
NYCPM interview was very relaxing. With the faculty, be professional but also be yourself, put your personality into it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just sent in my applications (Applied to all 9 schools) last night. Retaking the MCAT tomorrow (3/29/19) originally scored a 484 (awful I know). Hoping to still get some lovin' from schools! Not the best GPA either (<3.0). But you never know unless you try!

Just sent in my applications (Applied to all 9 schools) last night. Retaking the MCAT tomorrow (3/29/19) originally scored a 484 (awful I know). Hoping to still get some lovin' from schools! Not the best GPA either (<3.0). But you never know unless you try!
Good luck, kill that retake!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

How low is below 3.0?

Your post history is concerning.

If you get in, work hard. It will not be any easier than MD/DO with your stats.

Good luck, don't study tonight, get a good night sleep!!

Good luck on the MCAT.

Your gpa is gonna rise a few eyebrows. How much below the 3.0 mark is it? 2.8? Prolly will get in somewhere assuming a 490+ MCAT next time. Anything below a 2.6 and you’re gonna really have to blow this next MCAT out of the water 505+.

Make sure you want this. It’s fine to use Pod as a plan be, but make sure it’s an alternative, not a substitute.

Good luck on the MCAT.

Your gpa is gonna rise a few eyebrows. How much below the 3.0 mark is it? 2.8? Prolly will get in somewhere assuming a 490+ MCAT next time. Anything below a 2.6 and you’re gonna really have to blow this next MCAT out of the water 505+.

Make sure you want this. It’s fine to use Pod as a plan be, but make sure it’s an alternative, not a substitute.
Thanks for the responses everyone. My current GPA is 2.56 cGPA and 2.78 sGPA. I've been doing post-bacc work and have been able to raise my GPA significantly from what it was before. Been studying my butt off these past few months for the MCAT.

Concerning Pod vs Med, it's definitely an Alternative. Been on my mind for quite awhile and I ended up shadowing, fell in love with it. I'm very much into biomechanics, and the way the physician described his procedures in relation to that was fascinating. MD/DO is great, but after having delved into Podiatry I can say it's definitely for me.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the responses everyone. My current GPA is 2.56 cGPA and 2.78 sGPA. I've been doing post-bacc work and have been able to raise my GPA significantly from what it was before. Been studying my butt off these past few months for the MCAT.

Concerning Pod vs Med, it's definitely an Alternative. Been on my mind for quite awhile and I ended up shadowing, fell in love with it. I'm very much into biomechanics, and the way the physician described his procedures in relation to that was fascinating. MD/DO is great, but after having delved into Podiatry I can say it's definitely for me.

I see.

You need to work hard man. Not gonna sugar coat it. Only saying this cause I had weak stats too.

Getting in is one thing. Finishing is another.

Go kick some ass tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
I see.

You need to work hard man. Not gonna sugar coat it. Only saying this cause I had weak stats too.

Getting in is one thing. Finishing is another.

Go kick some ass tomorrow.
Appreciate your support brotha! I'll heed your advice for sure, I hope to be in your shoes in the fall

Do we have to wear a certain scrub color for nycpm? I didn’t know if I should buy my own scrubs or if they’re offered through the school

It might have been asked before but how long does the professional transcript entry take? My transcripts just all arrived yesterday and they said ten business days but i'm hoping for sooner. Thank you

It might have been asked before but how long does the professional transcript entry take? My transcripts just all arrived yesterday and they said ten business days but i'm hoping for sooner. Thank you

I applied on Aug 1 and my transcripts were received on Aug 9, so there is a chance that they may arrive sooner.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied on Aug 1 and my transcripts were received on Aug 9, so there is a chance that they may arrive sooner.
So i sent one transcript on the 22nd of May and for some reason it didn't arrive. I airmailed AACPMAS one on Monday June 3rd and fed-ex shows it was signed for on June 4th. Do you think they will mark it as received this week?

So i sent one transcript on the 22nd of May and for some reason it didn't arrive. I airmailed AACPMAS one on Monday June 3rd and fed-ex shows it was signed for on June 4th. Do you think they will mark it as received this week?
Give them a call and see. Sometimes the person receiving the transcript might forget to update your application

I called them and they stated that they can't give special treatment to anyone. I can understand that but this is literally the only thing needed to put my application to verification.
Give them a call and see. Sometimes the person receiving the transcript might forget to update your application

I called them and they stated that they can't give special treatment to anyone. I can understand that but this is literally the only thing needed to put my application to verification.
This is really a normal time range. Plus there was a longer weekend.

Did you mail it yourself on 22nd or you ordered it on 22nd?

It was sent out with tracking on the 22nd for the first one and since the deadline is really close for applications I ordered another air mail. Both copies arrived and they are hardcopy but I'm wondering how long it takes for it to be marked received. My other transcripts took way less time.
This is really a normal time range. Plus there was a longer weekend.

Did you mail it yourself on 22nd or you ordered it on 22nd?

It was sent out with tracking on the 22nd for the first one and since the deadline is really close for applications I ordered another air mail. Both copies arrived and they are hardcopy but I'm wondering how long it takes for it to be marked received. My other transcripts took way less time.
For me it was at least 7 days for them to be marked as received and verified after delivery.

I'm just hoping everything goes in before the deadline and I get an interview. Very nerve racking
For me it was at least 7 days for them to be marked as received and verified after delivery.

I'm just hoping everything goes in before the deadline and I get an interview. Very nerve racking

It's okay, you have 25 days until the deadline as of today. That is plenty of time for your transcripts to get verified, schools to look at your app, and give you an II. There are other people who are in the same situation as you in this stage of the cycle. Just be patient and maybe start looking at the Podiatry Interview Feedback to prepare in advance.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I hope this helps anyone in the same situation and I'll update if I hear anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't worry, man. I submitted my app to three schools in the middle of May and got three interview invites on Thursday. Don't call AACPMAS to ask cause theyput you on hold forever lol. It took me around a week to get verified and literally a day after that, my GPA was calculated and then I got my invites on the same day. You already passed the hardest first step: submitting your app. I reckon you will hear from AACPMAS about verification before the end of next week.

On another note, did anyone interview at Temple and have any tips? I interview there tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry, man. I submitted my app to three schools in the middle of May and got three interview invites on Thursday. Don't call AACPMAS to ask cause theyput you on hold forever lol. It took me around a week to get verified and literally a day after that, my GPA was calculated and then I got my invites on the same day. You already passed the hardest first step: submitting your app. I reckon you will hear from AACPMAS about verification before the end of next week.

On another note, did anyone interview at Temple and have any tips? I interview there tomorrow.
For temple interview, just be yourself. Be able to explain why podiatry and some aspects of your extracurricular activities. Depending on the person they might grill you but mine was seriously so laid back and they only asked me like 5 basic questions. Don’t stress over it too much.

Update: I had both copies of the same transcript marked as recieved. Now just waiting for verification.

Sorry for all the questions , I'm nervous ill get the R. Last question and thank you all for all the feedback.

How long does it take to hear back from the schools when you apply late? I was verified on 6/10 and most people heard back from at least one school by now. Specifically Scholl, Barry , Temple and NYCPM

Sorry for all the questions , I'm nervous ill get the R. Last question and thank you all for all the feedback.

How long does it take to hear back from the schools when you apply late? I was verified on 6/10 and most people heard back from at least one school by now. Specifically Scholl, Barry , Temple and NYCPM

All my interview invites took 2-3 weeks. I was getting scared cause I saw others from earlier in the cycle getting invites within a week, but it's actually normal to have to wait a little. From the 3 interviews I went to, I got accepted the next day for 1st, got accepted 1 week later for the 2nd, and got accepted 2 weeks later for the 3rd. Don't worry, they will have fast turn-over rates since schools want to fill up their seats.

@Ghoubrir don't worry man. From the received to interview there is another step. You need to get an email that says that AACPMAS calculated and updated your gpa. Once you get this email, you will get those interview invites. I got the invites the same day as the interviews, and at my Temple interview, I got my acceptance letter two hours after I interviewed lmao. Any more specific questions, just PM me.