AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to another year of the AACPMAS Application Cycle for the Class of 2025 :cool: :dogfive: .

If you didn't already notice, we now have School-Specific threads in the Subforum (link below).

The purpose of this thread will be to ask/share any application-related questions and also share your acceptance stats.
The School-specific threads are program-specific, so topics in these threads should only be about that program.

I hope the current 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years from all of the 9 colleges will help future students (please introduce yourselves in your program's thread).
Feel free to post in the school-specific threads for your program to help out prospective students. With that said, good luck to the class of 2025, keep in mind the COVID situation as you apply and get invited for interviews, and as always follow the CDC protocol on social distancing. Cheers!

School-specific threads: Podiatry School-Specific Discussions
AACPMAS 2019-2020 cycle: AACPMAS 2019-2020
Acceptance Stats (class of 2024): Acceptance Stats for Class of 2024

Please post your stats below in a similar order:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)
2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
4. # of programs applied to
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered
6. Attending program:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted at NYCPM for Fall 2024, deferred my acceptance to January-Class 2025. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 3 users
On the application when you go to the specific schools you are applying to it gives you options to select prereqs. I have a couple of different courses that could qualify as a prereq, which one should i pick or should i select all of them? thanks!

Was accepted at NYCPM for Fall 2024, deferred my acceptance to January-Class 2025. Good luck to all!
Is that something exclusive to NYCPM or does every CPM offer the deferment option? Thank you!

Is that something exclusive to NYCPM or does every CPM offer the deferment option? Thank you!

Only NYCPM has two starts date (Jan and Aug), so it might be easier to defer there.
The deferment option exists at all programs, but you will need a good reason and may have to pay for the seat deposit.

Reactions: 1 users
On the application when you go to the specific schools you are applying to it gives you options to select prereqs. I have a couple of different courses that could qualify as a prereq, which one should i pick or should i select all of them? thanks!

Hey, are you applying for class of 2025? I do not see any option to select schools yet so I do not see the pre-req thing you are talking about. How did you get to choose schools?

Which courses are you referring to specifically? If it's something like Bio 1 with lab then only one course is correct for this, otherwise, choose whatever and let AACPMAS figure it out. You can also email them once the application opens in about 10 days.

Hey, are you applying for class of 2025? I do not see any option to select schools yet so I do not see the pre-req thing you are talking about. How did you get to choose schools?

The application opens on July 30th, but I think you can complete the other parts of the app (it been a while since I used the site so correct me if I'm wrong).

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to another year of the AACPMAS Application Cycle for the Class of 2025 :cool: :dogfive: .

If you didn't already notice, we now have School-Specific threads in the Subforum (link below).

The purpose of this thread will be to ask/share any application-related questions and also share your acceptance stats.
The School-specific threads are program-specific, so topics in these threads should only be about that program.

I hope the current 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years from all of the 9 colleges will help future students (please introduce yourselves in your program's thread).
Feel free to post in the school-specific threads for your program to help out prospective students. With that said, good luck to the class of 2025, keep in mind the COVID situation as you apply and get invited for interviews, and as always follow the CDC protocol on social distancing. Cheers!

School-specific threads: Podiatry School-Specific Discussions
AACPMAS 2019-2020 cycle: AACPMAS 2019-2020
Acceptance Stats (class of 2024): Acceptance Stats for Class of 2024

Please post your stats below in a similar order:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)
2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
4. # of programs applied to
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered
6. Attending program:
will the mcat be waived for the 2020-2021 cycle

will the mcat be waived for the 2020-2021 cycle

As of right now, it doesn't seem like it. However, as the number of COVID cases increases, and as we head to the flu season soon, I won't be surprised if we are back to square 1. That said, you should plan on taking it without thinking about what "if". :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
@

All schools can allow a student to defer enrollment for up to 1 year. NYCPM is the only school that offers the January term, so for other schools it would be deferring to September 2021. I did have to pay the deposit though to secure my seat.

Might seem silly to ask, but a few DO schools are having in person interviews. Does anyone know if Pod schools will have virtual interviews this year? I want to visit schools, but its also nice to save money by not having travel costs ..

Might seem silly to ask, but a few DO schools are having in person interviews. Does anyone know if Pod schools will have virtual interviews this year? I want to visit schools, but its also nice to save money by not having travel costs ..
I talked to the NYCPM assistant admissions director and she said NYCPM interviews will be online till further notice.

I spoke to a representative from Barry and he told me all interviews will be done virtually. I spoke to someone similar from Kent State and they told me that they have not decided how they will be doing interviews yet. I am not sure about any of the other schools.

Also, does anyone know the class size for students entering the Jan program at NYCPM?
I know its approx 100 for the fall class, but I expect it to be smaller for the January class.

I know the application window opens on July 30th, but I do not receive my MCAT score until August 6th. I plan on sending my apps to schools that day. Is that still considered "early" by most standards? Just want to maximize my chances at getting an interview early..

what were your stats?

1. GPAs: Undergrad cGPA 3.33, sGPA 3.1, non-science 3.58
Graduate sGPA 3.89, non-science 4.0
2. MCAT Score: was planning on taking it after my MS degree completion... took advantage of COVID-19 waiver and applied without
3. Shadowing hours & ECs research coordinator for 7 years so tons of hours, at least 10000+ paid healthcare experience, 500+ hours healthcare volunteer. 4 research posters presented at wound conferences, 3 publications (in cancer research so not related to podiatry) and one submitted/not published yet related to COVID.
4. # of programs applied to: 1; NYCPM only
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: NYCPM- no scholarships (downside to not having the MCAT)

6. Attending: NYCPM, but I deferred my start to January- so I'll be class 2025

I know the application window opens on July 30th, but I do not receive my MCAT score until August 6th. I plan on sending my apps to schools that day. Is that still considered "early" by most standards? Just want to maximize my chances at getting an interview early..
Yes, August is definitely considered early. I interviewed in September/October after submitting apps in August. Turn around is pretty fast - approx 1-2 weeks to hear back.

It's possible that some of you may not be able to visit a program or have an in-person interview on campus for the upcoming cycle due to COVID, thus limiting your decision-making process of choosing a school. To counter this, I suggest emailing the programs that send you an interview invite and asking for a virtual tour of the campus, looking for campus-related videos on their website, and also searching on youtube.

I posted a video about the Scholl campus from youtube in 'Scholl 2025 class thread', so if you find similar videos on the other programs, then please post them in that program thread for the class of 2025 (in the school-specific forum). I'm also hoping that the APMA/APMSA creates additional, new videos.
Hopefully, next year things will be better and those applying then might be able to visit the campus for their interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone. I wanted to a put post on here about some information that I learned today that maybe a few others do not know.

I was on the phone with AACPMAS today for about an hour trying to work out kinks in my application and why some of my transcript info was not showing up. First off, I was advised not to purchase the Professional Transcript Entry service on there, as it only made things more difficult for me. Second, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but you actually need a hard copy of your transcripts mailed to AACPMAS (their address is on the website) so that they can verify any course work you entered is correct. So basically once they receive and process your information, your application can go to received and submitted status.

Another thing I learned, is that if you have evaluations from older application cycles, they do not carry over. So for example, I have 3 letters of rec that I will need to have resubmitted to my AACPMAS account once the new cycle opens on July 30th.

Also, the representative I spoke to also informed me that while the application cycle opens on July 30th, they will not begin to process documents and information until August 3rd, and that if you are going to mail a hard copy of your official transcripts to them, to wait until after August 3rd.

Basically, my goal was to apply by August 6th, but seeing how things have worked out, and how lengthy processing of documents can take, my assumption is that the schools I apply to will not receive my information until about the first week of September. So basically if you are trying to apply sooner rather than later, make sure you are ahead of the curve, because processing of these documents can take a few weeks they said.

If anyone sees anything wrong or has any questions about what I just put out let me know. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I wanted to a put post on here about some information that I learned today that maybe a few others do not know.

I was on the phone with AACPMAS today for about an hour trying to work out kinks in my application and why some of my transcript info was not showing up. First off, I was advised not to purchase the Professional Transcript Entry service on there, as it only made things more difficult for me. Second, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but you actually need a hard copy of your transcripts mailed to AACPMAS (their address is on the website) so that they can verify any course work you entered is correct. So basically once they receive and process your information, your application can go to received and submitted status.

Another thing I learned, is that if you have evaluations from older application cycles, they do not carry over. So for example, I have 3 letters of rec that I will need to have resubmitted to my AACPMAS account once the new cycle opens on July 30th.

Also, the representative I spoke to also informed me that while the application cycle opens on July 30th, they will not begin to process documents and information until August 3rd, and that if you are going to mail a hard copy of your official transcripts to them, to wait until after August 3rd.

Basically, my goal was to apply by August 6th, but seeing how things have worked out, and how lengthy processing of documents can take, my assumption is that the schools I apply to will not receive my information until about the first week of September. So basically if you are trying to apply sooner rather than later, make sure you are ahead of the curve, because processing of these documents can take a few weeks they said.

If anyone sees anything wrong or has any questions about what I just put out let me know. Thanks!
Thank you for sharing! About the transcript, I had mine sent in Friday after talking to the AACPMAS and mine was processed today. I wonder why we got two different answers.

Wait so an electronic transcript won’t be enough? I just sent my transcripts through the service my university uses credentials solutions ... do we need to mail too?

but you actually need a hard copy of your transcripts mailed to AACPMAS (their address is on the website) so that they can verify any course work you entered is correct. So basically once they receive and process your information, your application can go to received and submitted status.
I don't think this is correct. Maybe they said original transcript and you took that as hard copy? There's no way they would change policy to only accept hard copy transcripts, especially during COVID

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think this is correct. Maybe they said original transcript and you took that as hard copy? There's no way they would change policy to only accept hard copy transcripts, especially during COVID

They heard it wrong. It has to be official from the school but can be via mail OR electronic:

So basically what they told me, was to not use the Professional Transcript Entry. I was advised to enter my course work manually from a transcript that I obtained from my school, then have my school send a hard copy to AACPMAS so that they could verify that what I put in is correct. I was unaware that AACPMAS had to "verify" the course work that I manually put on my application (just thought they sort of trusted us I guess?) However, not sure how the email route works, because the person I spoke to kept advising to go the hard copy route.

However, another thing I found interesting was this: I called Kent State today, and they told me that I could order a transcript from my school, have it emailed directly to their school, and apply without it being verified on my application. This seems weird thinking about it now, because AACPMAS would have to verify my course work before it would be allow to be submitted to any school, so the official transcript would have to be a part of my application any way. Anyone have thoughts about that?

Overall, a lot of information was thrown at me today, and I was advised that even with COVID, I should stick with the hard copy mailing method. Probably not the best route for everyone, and there is probably going to be a delay because of how long shipping and processing might take, but I believed I should share it since it was a situation I had, in case anyone else ran in to the same issue.

So basically what they told me, was to not use the Professional Transcript Entry. I was advised to enter my course work manually from a transcript that I obtained from my school, then have my school send a hard copy to AACPMAS so that they could verify that what I put in is correct. I was unaware that AACPMAS had to "verify" the course work that I manually put on my application (just thought they sort of trusted us I guess?) However, not sure how the email route works, because the person I spoke to kept advising to go the hard copy route.

However, another thing I found interesting was this: I called Kent State today, and they told me that I could order a transcript from my school, have it emailed directly to their school, and apply without it being verified on my application. This seems weird thinking about it now, because AACPMAS would have to verify my course work before it would be allow to be submitted to any school, so the official transcript would have to be a part of my application any way. Anyone have thoughts about that?

Overall, a lot of information was thrown at me today, and I was advised that even with COVID, I should stick with the hard copy mailing method. Probably not the best route for everyone, and there is probably going to be a delay because of how long shipping and processing might take, but I believed I should share it since it was a situation I had, in case anyone else ran in to the same issue.

I did not have to mail my transcript last year. All I did was have my school send an e-transcript to AACPMAS.

I wouldn't do that, its not official and you will have to resend it to AACPMAS and probably delay the process. I would only send 'unofficial' transcripts to a program directly to ask about my chances, otherwise, it has to be from your undergrad institution to AACPMAS.

I wouldn't do that, its not official and you will have to resend it to AACPMAS and probably delay the process. I would only send 'unofficial' transcripts to a program directly to ask about my chances, otherwise, it has to be from your undergrad institution to AACPMAS.
Right, all their listed coursework and grades on app need to be verified by actual official transcripts. Without them, there will be problems in the app and delays.

It is up now. But some schools are not listed!!! It didnt save my info :( now i have to re-enter it all in
They said they will slowly be uploaded today so I guess stay tuned lol

I see what you are saying. However, when I go to order an e-transcript, AACPMAS is not an option to have it sent to. Is there a specific email I can have it sent to? Or do I need it sent exclusively to the application service AACPMAS? My school uses Credential Solutions for transcript requests.

I see what you are saying. However, when I go to order an e-transcript, AACPMAS is not an option to have it sent to. Is there a specific email I can have it sent to? Or do I need it sent exclusively to the application service AACPMAS? My school uses Credential Solutions for transcript requests.
I was able to find AACPMAS on the drop down with Credentials Solutions. You might chat AACPMAS to see if there is an email you can use if it isn't showing up for you?

I have 2 letters from my science professors ready to send thru interfolio. I am still waiting on a letter from the podiatrist. Shouls i wait till i get the letter to submit my application or submit my application and then send the letters once i get them ready?

I have 2 letters from my science professors ready to send thru interfolio. I am still waiting on a letter from the podiatrist. Shouls i wait till i get the letter to submit my application or submit my application and then send the letters once i get them ready?

Submit your application 1st.

If your app is ready, submit it now! I sent my letter from podiatrist after I was accepted in the program.

If your app is ready, submit it now! I sent my letter from podiatrist after I was accepted in the program.
Do i send the letters i already have or wait till i get the doctor's and submit them all together?

Do i send the letters i already have or wait till i get the doctor's and submit them all together?
I didn't use interfolio to send my letters so I'm not sure how that works. But I asked my science professor and podiatrist to email them directly to school and they sent it different times (professor sent before I received interview and Dr sent after my acceptance). You can submit what you have right now and send the letter from podiatrist once it's ready.

I was able to find AACPMAS on the drop down with Credentials Solutions. You might chat AACPMAS to see if there is an email you can use if it isn't showing up for you?
Yeah that interesting. So with Credential Solutions, I was not able to find it under the "Application Services" option, so I actually had to search by state, because I know that AACPMAS is located in Watertown, MA, and had to send it virtually that way. I may have to call my school or AACPMAS to see why they were not an option on the application services section.

if i am submitting my letters thru interfolio, in the AACPMAS evaluation section do i select i am not adding any evaluations?

if i am submitting my letters thru interfolio, in the AACPMAS evaluation section do i select i am not adding any evaluations?

I'm not 100% sure but that sounds right. I used the interfolio as well back in 2017.

Maybe someone who finished their app recently can comment.

Hi, can someone please help me with uploading letters from interfolio to AACPMAS. I’ve attached the error that I’m getting. I’ve followed the instructions that were given and now I don’t know what to do

Attachments

• BCCE0F42-538A-416B-8556-D942A90E4CE8.jpeg
    BCCE0F42-538A-416B-8556-D942A90E4CE8.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 144