AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we need to report all mcat retakes or just the highest one on the application?

Members don't see this ad.

Do we need to report all mcat retakes or just the highest one on the application?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought once you release the scores from AAMC...all of the scores at sent to AACPMAS, not just the highest.
I don't remember nitpicking it.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought once you release the scores from AAMC...all of the scores at sent to AACPMAS, not just the highest.
I don't remember nitpicking it.
I only reported my highest, but you also have to enter your AAMC ID number anyway, so I would assume that they will be able to view all test scores, even if you did not report it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why do people get rejected post interview? Also who do you send a follow up note to post interview, the doctor who interviewed or the person who scheduled the interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people get rejected post interview? Also who do you send a follow up note to post interview, the doctor who interviewed or the person who scheduled the interview?

Post-interview rejections can be due to various reasons; most common ones are not being able to answer the questions clearly or truthfully. Few applicants do not have a good reason for their red flags or just lie, which can look bad when asked in person. Another reason is the program finds a better applicant for the seat, or the applicant couldn't complete the 'required' course/task before enrollment.

If you want to send a thank you email (I highly suggest doing it, even if you are not planning on attending that program), you should send it to the people who interviewed you. Make it short and concise and include everyone that interviewed you that day. In the future when you're an extern and want to send a thank note or something to the resident/attending, make sure to send it everyone on the team (like a fruit basket or donuts saying thanks to everyone, not just one person).

Reactions: 6 users
Post-interview rejections can be due to various reasons; most common ones are not being able to answer the questions clearly or truthfully. Few applicants do not have a good reason for their red flags or just lie, which can look bad when asked in person. Another reason is the program finds a better applicant for the seat, or the applicant couldn't complete the 'required' course/task before enrollment.

If you want to send a thank you email (I highly suggest doing it, even if you are not planning on attending that program), you should send it to the people who interviewed you. Make it short and concise and include everyone that interviewed you that day. In the future when you're an extern and want to send a thank note or something to the resident/attending, make sure to send it everyone on the team (like a fruit basket or donuts saying thanks to everyone, not just one person).
So you just ask for their email at the end of the interview? Are post-interview rejections common in podiatry?

So you just ask for their email at the end of the interview? Are post-interview rejections common in podiatry?

You can ask the coordinators for faculty email or use the program's website to find it; someplace's will give out business cards on interview day.
I'm not sure about post-interview rejection %, but the acceptance rate last year was in the high 50s, so if you get an II, you're halfway there and need to do well to seal the deal. In comparison, the MD acceptance rate is usually in the low 40s.

What is an appropriate amount of time to begin calling schools to see where they are at for review of my application? I have received an email from every school I applied to saying that they are reviewing my application, but I have only gotten one interview. Should I call? It has been 17 days since I submitted my app. Just wondering, thanks!

What is an appropriate amount of time to begin calling schools to see where they are at for review of my application? I have received an email from every school I applied to saying that they are reviewing my application, but I have only gotten one interview. Should I call? It has been 17 days since I submitted my app. Just wondering, thanks!

IMO, calling them at this moment is not going to get you any helpful info. They probably will just say "they are still reviewing applications and you will receive an email if you are invited for an interview." However, if you are anxious, you can give them a call and see what they say (I may be wrong).

IMO, calling them at this moment is not going to get you any helpful info. They probably will just say "they are still reviewing applications and you will receive an email if you are invited for an interview." However, if you are anxious, you can give them a call and see what they say (I may be wrong).

I agree with Jelly; I think you should wait until the first week of September then email them asking for an update.
No need to be anxious, the process just started and with COVID there might be staff issues, so be patient.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, can't believe that I finally get to say this, but thankfully the day has come!

1. GPAs: cGPA: 3.26 sGPA: 2.88

2. MCAT Score: 492

3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 100+ hours of shadowing my mentor (podiatrist), Research with publication, 3 years in Army ROTC and Army National Guard with leadership positions.

4. # of programs applied to:
All 9 (thankful that I had the financial support for this), rejected by Temple, Midwestern, WesternU, still waiting to hear back from Kent, Scholl, NYCPM, DMU, and CSPM

5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Barry with $5k scholarship

6. Attending program: Barry, since it was my number one choice to begin with!

Given I do not have great stats, I am lucky to have been accepted. I understand and realize the importance of fixing bad habits that I had in undergrad, and that I will have to work twice as hard in medical school. While I had personal factors play a role in undergrad, I realize that medical school is a whole new ball game.

Quick take away from my experiences- my whole life I was told that I would not be able to do it. If anyone out there is doubting themselves or have been told that they can not do it, do not listen to them. Work hard and have a vision.

Congrats!!!! keep us in the loop for all tthe other schools!!

Hi guys, can't believe that I finally get to say this, but thankfully the day has come!

3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 100+ hours of shadowing my mentor (podiatrist), Research with publication, 3 years in Army ROTC and Army National Guard with leadership positions.

4. # of programs applied to:
All 9 (thankful that I had the financial support for this), rejected by Temple, Midwestern, WesternU, still waiting to hear back from Kent, Scholl, NYCPM, DMU, and CSPM

5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Barry with $5k scholarship

6. Attending program: Barry, since it was my number one choice to begin with!

Given I do not have great stats, I am lucky to have been accepted. I understand and realize the importance of fixing bad habits that I had in undergrad, and that I will have to work twice as hard in medical school. While I had personal factors play a role in undergrad, I realize that medical school is a whole new ball game.

Quick take away from my experiences- my whole life I was told that I would not be able to do it. If anyone out there is doubting themselves or have been told that they can not do it, do not listen to them. Work hard and have a vision.
CONGRATS DUDE!

Work your ass off. It won't be easy, but you can do it.

The best sense of fulfillment is realizing you can be that student that people look at and say "They're crazy" because they work so hard and are so disciplined.

Only person stopping you from being that student is yourself and your work ethic. Go be that student.

Won't make sense until you get a taste of 1st year kicking your ass, but you made it this far- so keep pushing.

Your own happiness and how much you can grow is the biggest middle finger you can give to people who thought very little of you.

Congrats -from a 4th year who's been in your shoes and thoroughly enjoying clerkship.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Work your ass off. It won't be easy, but you can do it.

The best sense of fulfillment is realizing you can be that student that people look at and say "They're crazy" because they work so hard and are so disciplined.

Only person stopping you from being that student is yourself and your work ethic. Go be that student.

Won't make sense until you get a taste of 1st year kicking your ass, but you made it this far- so keep pushing.

Your own happiness and how much you can grow is the biggest middle finger you can give to people who thought very little of you.

Congrats -from a 4th year who's been in your shoes and thoroughly enjoying clerkship.
Thanks for the words of advice and wisdom. I am whole heartedly ready to work my ass off- and prove it as well.

Good luck with externships and 4th year!

Do interviewers change their questions every year or all they all going be like the ones on here? If they do change it up are there any other resources I should use to practice for my interviews? Also, what did you guys do to get rid of the nerves on interview day?

Do interviewers change their questions every year or all they all going be like the ones on here? If they do change it up are there any other resources I should use to practice for my interviews? Also, what did you guys do to get rid of the nerves on interview day?

This has been fairly accurate regarding my two interviews thus far. I created a google doc for myself, answering the most prevalent questions asked, and then I had a friend give me a mock interview lol. It was definitely overkill, but great practice.

As for day-of-nervousness, I highly recommend doing the thing that consistently brings you joy if possible. I played guitar before my first interview, and then went on a walk/listened to music before my second interview.

Best of luck to you!!

Remember to post your stats here once accepted and update the Interview section (if you were asked a different question).
Thanks and congrats to those accepted, already! :cool:

Reactions: 3 users
Remember to post your stats here once accepted and update the Interview section (if you were asked a different question).
Thanks and congrats to those accepted, already! :cool:

Will do, just waiting to hear back from the last school I applied to before I unload here

1. 3.31 cGPA & 3.0 sGPA (upward trend)
2. MCAT Score - 503
3. (Removed for anonymity)
4. I applied to 4 schools
5. II offered to all 4 schools
6. Attending program: MWU!!

I had low science grades my first 3 semesters, but really turned things around. For future students reading these forums, you can do it!

I'm very excited to start school next fall at Midwestern!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
1. GPAs:
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.55
2. MCAT Score: 510
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: Medical scribe, former high school teacher, volunteer crisis counselor, worked in a neuroscience lab, TA in several colleges throughout college.
4. # of programs applied to
WesternU, NYCPM, Temple
5. Programs accepted to and if any
All of them
Scholarships offered:
Western: 5000
NYCPM: 8000
Temple: not sure yet
6. Attending program: WesternU! Partner and family are all in SoCal, and I realized I definitely wanted to be around them during four years of med school lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
1. GPAs:
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: Medical scribe, former high school teacher, volunteer crisis counselor, worked in a neuroscience lab, TA in several colleges throughout college.
WesternU, NYCPM, Temple
All of them
Scholarships offered:
6. Attending program: also not sure, lol. From SoCal but adore New York and have always wanted to live there.

Fantastic stats. Well done!!

1. GPAs:
WesternU, NYCPM, Temple
All of them
Scholarships offered:
6. Attending program: also not sure, lol. From SoCal but adore New York and have always wanted to live there.

Stellar stats; Congratulations!! You will do well at any of those programs; choose one where the overall cost will be less and a place where you can study/live happily. Good luck!

Stellar stats; Congratulations!! You will do well at any of those programs; choose one where the overall cost will be less and a place where you can study/live happily. Good luck!

Thank you so much! Appreciate all the effort you put in. I’ll be sure to update my post once I chose a school!

• Care
I am planning to submit my application in the next few days and had a question about releasing MCAT scores. I took the MCAT for the first time last year and didn't do so hot so planned to retake at the end of this month but had to cancel due to some family issues so I will be finally retaking in January. When I submit my application, should I release my scores from last year or wait until I retake to release the new and old scores? Or release now and then? help lol

I am planning to submit my application in the next few days and had a question about releasing MCAT scores. I took the MCAT for the first time last year and didn't do so hot so planned to retake at the end of this month but had to cancel due to some family issues so I will be finally retaking in January. When I submit my application, should I release my scores from last year or wait until I retake to release the new and old scores? Or release now and then? help lol
They will see all of your scores regardless because you have to provide your AAMC ID.

Hi guys here are my stats:)

1. GPA- cum 3.44 science:3.4
2. MCAT Score-501
3. Shadowing hours & ECs- Research for 2 semesters, 150ish volunteering in hospital, volunteering in the community, 24 hours shadowing general surgeon, 27 hours podiatrist
4. # of programs applied to: Temple, NYCPM, Kent, Barry, AZPOD, Western, Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Accepted to all except Scholl. Interviewing there on Monday. Temple-11k, NYCPM-12k, Kent-7.5k, Barry-5k, AZPOD-not sure? Western-7k
6. Attending program: Temple:))

This forum helped me so much in the application process thanks to everyone for their input:)

Reactions: 11 users
So excited to finally announce this!

1. GPA- cum: 3.56 science: 3.68
2. MCAT Score-491 (very low but barely studied)
3. Shadowing hours & ECs- Hospice volunteer, Soccer coach, lots of shadowing (ED and podiatry), personal care attendant, etc.
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Got interviews to all except Scholl (didn't get denied, just haven't heard from them). Only interviewed at Kent, Barry, and Temple. Got into Barry (10k scholarship), Temple (haven't heard about scholarship yet), and haven't heard yet from Kent
6. Attending program: Temple!!

3. Shadowing hours & ECs- Hospice volunteer, Soccer coach, lots of shadowing (ED and podiatry), personal care attendant, etc.
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Got interviews to all except Scholl (didn't get denied, just haven't heard from them). Only interviewed at Kent, Barry, and Temple. Got into Barry (10k scholarship), Temple (haven't heard about scholarship yet), and haven't heard yet from Kent
Congrats!

I am curious as to what Temples GPA or MCAT screen is. I had a 492 but lower GPAs and got denied without interview.

Regardless, congrats, that is very exciting!

1. GPA- cum: 3.2 science: 3.07 (rough freshman year but a strong upward trend)
2. MCAT Score-505 (125/124/126/130)
3. Shadowing hours & ECs- 2+years of MA/scribe for podiatrist, Street medicine internship, founded Alzheimers awareness club, Eboard of my frat, research at Harvard, ambassador for a street medicine program
4. # of programs applied to: Temple, NYCPM, Kent, Barry, Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any: all of them
Scholarships offered: Barry(10k), Kent (7500), NYCPM (10k), Temple (11k), Scholl (5k).
6. Attending program: Temple

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users
1. GPA: 3.0 cGPA & 2.88 sGPA (post bac 3.2 sGPA)
2. MCAT Score(s): 489 —> 497
3. ECs: 4 years of collegiate sport, 2 years of undergrad research (1 pub), 2+ years as a full-time researcher (2 pubs), volunteering, ER shadowing 400+ hours, TA throughout college
4. Programs applied to: All except for Scholl and Samuel Merritt (7 total)
5. Interview Invites, Programs Accepted, Scholarships: Interview invites from all except AZPOD (waitlisted). Attended Barry, Temple, and Kent State interviews. I turned down the rest. Accepted to Barry (5k), Temple (not sure yet), and Kent State (7.5k)!
6. Attending program: Temple!

Don’t give up! I have PTSD and I thought (for the longest time) that I should not pursue medicine because of it. I got a research job, got into a PhD program at an Ivy, and everyone expected me to pursue research. But I still couldn’t give up, and here I am now! (I promise I'm smart and hardworking even with my PTSD!) :D

Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Always be kind!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
3. ECs: 4 years of collegiate sport, 2 years of undergrad research (1 pub), 2+ years as a full-time researcher (2 pubs), volunteering, ER shadowing 400+ hours, TA throughout college
5. Interview Invites, Programs Accepted, Scholarships: Interview invites from all except AZPOD (waitlisted). Attended Barry, Temple, and Kent State interviews. Turned down the rest. Accepted to Barry (5k), Temple (not sure yet), and Kent State (7.5k)!

Don’t give up! I have PTSD and I thought (for the longest time) that I should not pursue medicine because of it. I got a research job, got into a PhD program at an Ivy, and everyone expected me to pursue research. But I still couldn’t give up, and here I am now! (I promise I'm smart and hardworking even with my PTSD!) :D

Incredible job. Best of luck to you and enjoy Temple!!!

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci): cGPA: 3.1 sGPA: 2.85 (not the greatest start but upward trend)
2. MCAT Score: 498
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 8+ hours of pod shadowing, 1 year as medical scribe in ENT, 2+ years as ophthalmic technician and research assistant, 4 year DIII track athlete - captain my senior year, general tutor for 4 years, Jewish big brother program for 4 years, 2 years as general counselor and then 1 year as group leader at sleepaway camp
4. # of programs applied to: (3) Temple, NYCPM, Kent
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Temple, NYCPM, Kent
6. Attending program: TEMPLE! I'm from NY/NJ so it was mainly up to NYCPM and Temple but I liked Temple way better

I took the MCAT twice. The first time I scored a 492 and felt defeated but I re-focused and studied harder for the second time. Although I was not super happy about the 498 I was so thrilled that I scored significantly better even though it was not the score that I wanted. I'm really excited to meet all the other Temple students!

As many may know, I initially made a commitment to attend Barry for podiatry school. However, due to some tuition repayment technicalities of the US Army, I will not be attending Barry. Basically, if I were to be a member of the Florida National Guard, I would have to repay my undergrad tuition that they paid. There are a few states that my state allows transfer in to, and Illinois being one of them.

As a result, I will be attending RFU-Scholl for podiatry school under deferment in to the class of 2026, and begin in August of 2022. (thanks Army)

While this is unfortunate, Scholl is a very good program and I am incredibly excited to begin there in the next few years.

Thank you all for the support on this forum during this journey. Sorry to be a tease and lead everyone think I was attending Barry :rofl: o_O

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Wow it feels nice to be at the end of the tunnel!

1. cGPA: 3.46 sGPA: 3.28
Completing my MBA in Healthcare Management (by May '21)
2. MCAT: 495
3. Shadowing: Podiatrist 28 hours, MD 80 hours, DO 25 hours
ECs: 3 years of research (1500 hrs), received national research fellowship, founder of non-profit chapter, hospital volunteer, leadership awards and few other honors.
4. # of programs applied to: 7 (Temple, NYCPM, Kent, Scholl, Barry, AZPOD and Western)
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Scholarships to Temple, NYCPM, Kent, Scholl, Barry. Accepted to AZPOD but they do not give scholarships (withdrew from my Western interview)
6. Attending program: TEMPLE! It has always been my number 1 and I'm from NY so it's not too far from home. It was tough to battle between scholl and temple, but I guess I felt more "virtually" comfortable with Temple!!!

Congrats to all accepted and good luck to those who are interviewing! If anyone has questions on how interviews were for these schools feel free to pm!

Thank you!

Congratulation

5. Interview Invites, Programs Accepted, Scholarships: Interview invites from all except AZPOD (waitlisted). Attended Barry, Temple, and Kent State interviews. Turned down the rest. Accepted to Barry (5k), Temple (not sure yet), and Kent State (7.5k)!

Congratulation. Thanks you for sharing this encourage story.

1. GPA: 3.98c 3.96s
2. MCAT Score: 503 (128/123/127/125)
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 200+ MD/DO of a bunch of specialties. 15-20 hours of shadowing 3 Pods. Hospital volunteer and other volunteers 300 hours. Lab TA for 3 years, library tutor 2 years, and doing my own research project in hopes of publishing this year. Some other smaller stuff not worth listing.
4. # of programs applied to: all 9, got interviews with all except Scholl. Turned down interviews for all except DMU, Kent, and CSPM
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Kent (10k one time), DMU (5k renewable), CSPM (5k renewable)
6. Attending program: DMU! They seem to have a very good program and the faculty and students were very nice and seemed to enjoy it there. It was hard choice between DMU and CSPM, but i feel that I made the right decision for me.

If anyone has any questions regarding the interview or applications feel free to PM me. Message me if you are DMU inbound too! I'd like to meet and talk to you all!

Reactions: 8 users
Why do colleges revoke acceptances? Will a C in a nonscience course cost me my admissions?

Why do colleges revoke acceptances? Will a C in a nonscience course cost me my admissions?

No, unless it was explicitly spelled out in your provisional acceptance "Student must attain higher than a 'C' in nonscience course".

If its not spelled out in your provisional acceptance, they can't enforce it. Think of it as a binding contract.

Reactions: 4 users
Finally made a decision!

1. GPA- cum 3.85 science: 3.8
2. MCAT Score-508
3. Shadowing hours & ECs- multiple research projects, multiple healthcare jobs, multiple on-campus leadership roles, shadowed two pods (80hrs) and multiple physicians
4. # of programs applied to: NYCPM, DMU, AZPOD, Western, Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Accepted to all. NYCPM (half tuition), DMU (5k), AZPOD (none?), Western (10k), Scholl (15k)
6. Attending program: Scholl

Reactions: 5 users
Finally made a decision!

1. GPA- cum 3.85 science: 3.8
2. MCAT Score-508
3. Shadowing hours & ECs- multiple research projects, multiple healthcare jobs, multiple on-campus leadership roles, shadowed two pods (80hrs) and multiple physicians
4. # of programs applied to: NYCPM, DMU, AZPOD, Western, Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Accepted to all. NYCPM (half tuition), DMU (5k), AZPOD (none?), Western (10k), Scholl (15k)
6. Attending program: Scholl
Congrats! Looking forward to meeting you at Scholl.

I highly suggest the first years to start studying using Anki. I know it's not for everyone, but you should at least try it once before saying no.

Gross Anatomy will be one of the most difficult courses during the first year and I would advise using Anki for it (image occlusion), especially using premade cards like the following from the UMichigan site below. I said it elsewhere, but we, on SDN, are planning to have a subforum just for Anki, and the staff will share the most used decks and answer questions about using Anki...once the forum is created and running, I'll share a link here. You can technically find a premade deck for every subject tested on APMLE Part 1 (except for lower ext anatomy...use your program resources for this). Spaced repetition is key in learning/memorizing vital info, and Anki is a true master of it.

Medical School Anki Decks (every subject):
General Anatomy:

Dorian's Anatomy

:

1. cGPA: 3.3.. sGPA: 3.0
2. 491
3. A bunch of EC's with a lot of community involvement and leadership positions... 50 hrs of ER shadowing, 30 hours of DPM shadowing, 15 hrs of PharmD shadowing, and 5 hrs of DDS shadowing
Applied to all 9
Applied to all 9, Denied from Western and Temple, Waitlisted by Midwestern. Accepted to Barry ($10K), CSPM ($5K), DMU. Currently interviewing at Kent, RFU, and NYCPM
Pretty set on DMU, might go to RFU if I get in considering it's pretty close to me

1. cGPA: 3.3.. sGPA: 3.0
2. 491
3. A bunch of EC's with a lot of community involvement and leadership positions... 50 hrs of ER shadowing, 30 hours of DPM shadowing, 15 hrs of PharmD shadowing, and 5 hrs of DDS shadowing
4. Applied to all 9
5. Applied to all 9, Denied from Western and Temple, Waitlisted by Midwestern. Accepted to Barry ($10K), CSPM ($5K), DMU. Currently interviewing at Kent, RFU, and NYCPM
6. Pretty set on DMU, might go to RFU if I get in considering it's pretty close to me
congrats on all those acceptance and $$$$. Did you get an interview from Temple or they denied off the start?

Hey guys, does the application portal screen out automatically or does a human see your app?