AADSAS Calculated My GPA Wrong

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramixjp

North
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. So long story short, I submitted my application on August 3rd and my oGPA was calculated to be a 3.49 and my sGPA was calculated to be a 3.61. Four months later I now realize that there has been a huge mistake.. they double counted a full-year business course that I got a 2.0 GPA in TWICE. After double checking the math many times, I realized that my oGPA should really be a 3.56.. a 0.07 difference! Im going to call AADSAS asap today but is there anyone that has gone through such a devastating error? What should I do? I paid thousands for my apps so far and I have been wait listed at two schools, had one rejection, and seven other schools have been silent.

I believe a 0.07 oGPA difference is huge at this time of the year especially where many schools have probably reviewed my app and I may have been wait listed as a result of my oGPA.

Also, the mistake was not in my transcript entry as I have had other full-year courses in my transcript and I entered them the same way. They calculated those courses as full-year courses and did not count those twice. I have no idea how they messed up so bad on the course I did so bad in to count it TWICE.

What should I do??

Update: AADSAS acknowledged the mistake and fixed it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
well, i had a similar gpa and got into several schools. I doubt the schools wait listed you over your gpa... you did get an interview to their school afterall...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
well, i had a similar gpa and got into several schools. I doubt the schools wait listed you over your gpa... you did get an interview to their school afterall...

There's no way to guarantee that the schools that have been silent or gave me an interview and wait listed me have made such decisions so far because of the number difference. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, But I'm just irritated that my oGPA hasn't been right this whole time and there's no way to know what the influence of this error is

There's no way to guarantee that the schools that have been silent or gave me an interview and wait listed me have made such decisions so far because of the number difference. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, But I'm just irritated that my oGPA hasn't been right this whole time and there's no way to know what the influence of this error is
It is always nice to have someone else to blame.

Email the schools with explanations and ask if this error had played any role in their decision

Reactions: 1 users
It is always nice to have someone else to blame.

I am not taking blame off myself for any part of my application that may be weak. My numbers are definitely like most other candidates and I acknowledge that.

I just wanted to post this issue to SDN because we pay thousands to AADSAS and they make mistakes like this. I want to ensure everyone double checks their GPA calculations. Clearly, they do mess up.

21 AA / 22 TS nothing below 20
So not sure that .07 would be holding you back. I had a 3.4 (cum, sci) and 4 acceptances, but a higher DAT.
Your science GPA was also higher than mine which I believe holds more weight than oGPA. How did your interviews go and did you only apply to top tier schools?

So not sure that .07 would be holding you back. I had a 3.4 (cum, sci) and 4 acceptances, but a higher DAT.
Your science GPA was also higher than mine which I believe holds more weight than oGPA. How did your interviews go and did you only apply to top tier schools?

I don’t think OP is saying that the .07 is holding them back, just that AADSAS made a mistake that COULD make a difference. It’s not fair for them to do that since they charge around $100 per application

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not sure either but I fixed the mistake and I am hoping it makes a difference. I am an international (from Canada) and I applied to NYU, Pacific, BU, UDM, Minnesota, Nova, Buffalo, Pitt, Temple, and Case. Being an international already holds me back so I have to fight for small things like this.

I interviewed at UDM and Minnesota Pre-Dec. I got wait listed at UDM so far and Minnesota sends acceptances in patches and I did not get in on the first patch on December 1st. I notified both schools today of my GPA change and they noted it and so did some of the other schools that have been silent.

My interviews were average. I didn't bomb any questions but I also didn't do as well as I hoped. UDM's wait list moves quite a bit but I can't bank on that obviously.

I'm not sure either but I fixed the mistake and I am hoping it makes a difference. I am an international (from Canada) and I applied to NYU, Pacific, BU, UDM, Minnesota, Nova, Buffalo, Pitt, Temple, and Case. Being an international already holds me back so I have to fight for small things like this.

I interviewed at UDM and Minnesota Pre-Dec. I got wait listed at UDM so far and Minnesota sends acceptances in patches and I did not get in on the first patch on December 1st. I notified both schools today of my GPA change and they noted it and so did some of the other schools that have been silent.

My interviews were average. I didn't bomb any questions but I also didn't do as well as I hoped. UDM's wait list moves quite a bit but I can't bank on that obviously.
Good luck man, it's definitely a frustrating situation. Pulling for you.

I'm guessing the rejection was without interview, which means it was based on your stats. Do email that school too and let them know of the change, if you haven't yet. I hope everything works out for you!

Reactions: 1 users
I believe a 0.07 oGPA difference is huge at this time of the year especially where many schools have probably reviewed my app and I may have been wait listed as a result of my oGPA.

I don’t think OP is saying that the .07 is holding them back, just that AADSAS made a mistake that COULD make a difference. It’s not fair for them to do that since they charge around $100 per application