AADSAS experience description

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abc_dreamer

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what to include in the description of my activities. I would appreciate it if someone could share their insight on the following two examples:

1. Research experience: Should I just mention my duties as a lab member as well as the lab techniques that I learned OR focus on the significance of the project that I was working on?
2. Tutoring experience: Should I focus on the courses that I tutored OR the skills that I developed by working as a private tutor?

*** It would be great if someone could share a written description of one of their activities as an example.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I utilized resume format and listed bullet points.

so for example:

research
- investigated/analyzed/assessed (broad overview of what the study was)
- my individual responsibilities/hard skills I brought to the team and contributed (data visualization, statistical analysis, Gel electrophoresis or different assays you have experience with etc)
- things I implemented based on the findings of the study (if applicable)

keep it as concise but impactful as possible. Don’t try to over do it and act like you did the most.

Reactions: 1 users
Would it be better to end each description with one/two sentences talking about what I learned from the experience and say something like "the experience provided me with the opportunity to develop skills required when communicating with people who feel anxious and under pressure " ?

Would it be better to end each description with one/two sentences talking about what I learned from the experience and say something like "the experience provided me with the opportunity to develop skills required when communicating with people who feel anxious and under pressure " ?
Sure, I think that would be fine. I would probably simplify it a bit and be more direct. Something like,

“Learned anxiety-mitigation techniques (such as...) to help reduce patient stress”

“Honed communication skills by xyz”

“Received training and gained experience in x”

etc.