AADSAS gave me a C- in Chemistry by mistake. What now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gottam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA was verified about three weeks ago, and although I checked the "GPA Calculations" tab to make sure it was what I had calculated (which it was), I didn't think to check my actual transcript. I just got an email from LECOM telling me I need to retake OChem lab II in order to be considered for their program, and that's when I realized that AADSAS erroneously put in a C- for OChem lab II, which is below most schools required grade for their prerequisites. Presumably, for the past three weeks most schools have been automatically denying/ignoring my application since, according to AADSAS I haven't completed the prereqs with satisfactory grades, nor do I have a plan to do so. I emailed AADSAS and called them (their phone was disconnected) but haven't gotten a response yet.

I am wondering what people think about emailing all 22 of the schools I applied to and telling them what happened. Should I wait until after AADSAS sorts it out? Should I do it at all?

Thanks for any help

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely call each school and AADSAS as soon as possible.

Oh man this is going to take a while to fix... calling 22 schools could take days. I tried calling AADSAS but Verizon couldn't put the call through for some reason, so I emailed them. Do you think I need to solve the problem with AADSAS first? LECOM responded and said I need to fix the problem with AADSAS before they deal with it

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man this is going to take a while to fix... I tried calling AADSAS but Verizon couldn't put the call through for some reason, so I emailed them. Do you think I need to solve the problem with AADSAS first? LECOM responded and said I need to fix the problem with AADSAS before they deal with it
I would call each school and at least make them aware of the issue. Worst they will do is say what LECOM did and you will have to call them again. My first phone call tomorrow though would be to AADSAS. I had some issues calling them yesterday but kept trying and was able to get through.

Have you checked with your university to make sure that transcript is correct? I had a transcript issue and it turns out that my undergraduate school messed up and never put on my transcript that I graduated (despite me having already finished grad school). I had to get them to fix it, resend the transcript, and wait for AADSAS to process it again.

Have you checked with your university to make sure that transcript is correct? I had a transcript issue and it turns out that my undergraduate school messed up and never put on my transcript that I graduated (despite me having already finished grad school). I had to get them to fix it, resend the transcript, and wait for AADSAS to process it again.

Wow that sucks, I hope I don't have to resend my transcript and wait another month. The unofficial transcript I can view is correct, so I would assume it was correct on the official one. I'll ask both my university and AADSAS to double check. Hopefully AADSAS still has my transcript.

Wow that sucks, I hope I don't have to resend my transcript and wait another month. The unofficial transcript I can view is correct, so I would assume it was correct on the official one. I'll ask both my university and AADSAS to double check. Hopefully AADSAS still has my transcript.
Hopefully that isn't the case for you! In case it is, it took me about two weeks to be fixed. I requested the new transcript on the 14th, AADSAS had it processed in my application on the 19th, GPA verified on the 25th. My app now shows my mail date to be the 28th.

That's weird why AADSAS would change your grade... What did you make in the real class and what class did you actually get a C- in?
Maybe you actually got a C- and you didn't know it lol...

That's weird why AADSAS would change your grade... What did you make in the real class and what class did you actually get a C- in?
Maybe you actually got a C- and you didn't know it lol...
Haha I was very scared that was true at first, but then I remembered my chem lab prof didn't even give +/- grades. I got a C, which, although it sucks, means I don't have to retake it.

Haha I was very scared that was true at first, but then I remembered my chem lab prof didn't even give +/- grades. I got a C, which, although it sucks, means I don't have to retake it.

Hmm... I would check your unofficial transcript, maybe your professor input it as a C-, I don't think AADSAS would randomly throw a minus in there without reason... if your unofficial says it's a C, then you should call up each school.

Hmm... I would check your unofficial transcript, maybe your professor input it as a C-, I don't think AADSAS would randomly throw a minus in there without reason... if your unofficial says it's a C, then you should call up each school.
Unofficial says C, and there were zero C- grades in that class according to the official grade distribution, so unless there was some weird transcript error or some smudged ink, it's on AADSAS, which is very frustrating given it cost $2200 to apply and took 4 weeks to be verified. Then again, errors are bound to happen sometimes

I have to drive 6 hours tomorrow, so I think I'll send out the same email individually to every school explaining what happened, then call the ones that don't respond by the next morning. And I'll call AADSAS tomorrow morning, too

Reactions: 1 user
Unofficial says C, and there were zero C- grades in that class according to the official grade distribution, so unless there was some weird transcript error or some smudged ink, it's on AADSAS, which is very frustrating given it cost $2200 to apply and took 4 weeks to be verified. Then again, errors are bound to happen sometimes

I have to drive 6 hours tomorrow, so I think I'll send out the same email individually to every school explaining what happened, then call the ones that don't respond by the next morning. And I'll call AADSAS tomorrow morning, too

Send one email - instead of the to field of the email go to the bcc and add all of the admission emails for the schools so they can't see you emailed multiple schools

I'm on the fence about that. It would be faster, but then they'd all get a carbon copy email rather than a direct email. Eh, I guess they probably don't care

Yeah I am going to go with they wont care...all you will do is change the address anyways. I see it as being smart and showing excellent time management. :D

Reactions: 1 user
Guys... I have a C- in Organic 2, applying to BostonU, SUNY Buffalo, USC, NYU, and UPenn, I never saw specific grade requirements for any of their prerequisite courses, it only said that I have to have those courses completed. Does anybody know if I'd have to retake it for any of these schools?!!

Guys... I have a C- in Organic 2, applying to BostonU, SUNY Buffalo, USC, NYU, and UPenn, I never saw specific grade requirements for any of their prerequisite courses, it only said that I have to have those courses completed. Does anybody know if I'd have to retake it for any of these schools?!!

You're going to have to retake.

Call all the schools!

Last edited:
AADSAS fixed it, but schools won't be able to see it until the next mailing, apparently... I'm pretty frustrated with AADSAS, but at least they fixed it quickly