AADSAS Transcripts and Study Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artemisia.arbuscula

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about everyone else's experiences submitting transcripts when they studied abroad during their undergrad.
I've been emailing AADSAS customer service and they seem to be giving me the run around without actually reading or answering my questions. The company through which I studied abroad is listed in their instructions as one that they specifically require a transcript from yet when I sent them the transcript from this company/school I received an email stating that they had rejected it due to it being a study abroad company. AAAAAHHH If I could go back in time and talk to 19 year old me I would tell her to forget it just to save me from this current nightmare.
Added on to that customer service is now telling me they have received and accepted that transcript (what? mixed messages much?) but are waiting on my other two which I sent last year and should have been copied over to my new application!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm curious about everyone else's experiences submitting transcripts when they studied abroad during their undergrad.
I've been emailing AADSAS customer service and they seem to be giving me the run around without actually reading or answering my questions. The company through which I studied abroad is listed in their instructions as one that they specifically require a transcript from yet when I sent them the transcript from this company/school I received an email stating that they had rejected it due to it being a study abroad company. AAAAAHHH If I could go back in time and talk to 19 year old me I would tell her to forget it just to save me from this current nightmare.
Added on to that customer service is now telling me they have received and accepted that transcript (what? mixed messages much?) but are waiting on my other two which I sent last year and should have been copied over to my new application!
I have a little different experience than you in that I studied abroad through my school. Technically I did not need transcripts and my app was eventually verfied without them. I had some questions that they were not great about answering so I just submitted the app. Eventually I was sent an email stating that I was missing an institution. After that I called the AADSAS customer service line and they helped me fix the problem. The lady I talked to said that it is sometimes easier to help after the app is submitted because then they can see all the parts.

Hope this helps and I understand your frustration with the whole study abroad problem.