Aamc 9 #132

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

typicalindian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
d93aq.png

Why is it wrong to say B? Lines 3 and 4 on the data table show the OC activity doubles when peptide A is added.

Members don't see this ad.

I got this wrong because I put A. Compared to OB+OC+PA; it was paltry at activating it. So I got this wrong too.

If you look at Group 4 and 6, look at the difference on the OC activity.

So just by going off the fact that it causes a larger change you can conclude that? I see...most of the questions I get wrong are not content based they are usually these data interpretation questions which really screws me

Members don't see this ad :)
So just by going off the fact that it causes a larger change you can conclude that? I see...most of the questions I get wrong are not content based they are usually these data interpretation questions which really screws me

Yes. That's how I usually work on data table problems like this. I got this right based off that.

Last edited:
d93aq.png

Why is it wrong to say B? Lines 3 and 4 on the data table show the OC activity doubles when peptide A is added.

Read the question prompt again. It says " what can be concluded about peptide A from EXPERIMENT 2." In experiment 2 there was no OC activity, only OB activity. Compare that to experiment 1 where there was OB activity and 0 osteoblatin, you can conclude that OB and Peptide A work together to make osteoblatin.

dsoz

Read the question prompt again. It says " what can be concluded about peptide A from EXPERIMENT 2." In experiment 2 there was no OC activity, only OB activity. Compare that to experiment 1 where there was OB activity and 0 osteoblatin, you can conclude that OB and Peptide A work together to make osteoblatin.

dsoz

But you're talking about GROUP 2. Look at the top of the image, that is EXPERIMENT 2.

The key to the problem is to ignore the "Osteoblatin" column. Seriously, what the hell is that :p

it has to do w/ the most significant effect 1 to 2 is a 100% increase where as 1/2 OC activity to 23 is >100% increase in activity most significant

the 1-2 is probably within a standard error or deviation of the mean aka usually insignificant