• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

typicalindian

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
d93aq.png

Why is it wrong to say B? Lines 3 and 4 on the data table show the OC activity doubles when peptide A is added.

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2010
WV
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I got this wrong because I put A. Compared to OB+OC+PA; it was paltry at activating it. So I got this wrong too.

typicalindian

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If you look at Group 4 and 6, look at the difference on the OC activity.

So just by going off the fact that it causes a larger change you can conclude that? I see...most of the questions I get wrong are not content based they are usually these data interpretation questions which really screws me

About the Ads

folktale

Jun 30, 2010
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
So just by going off the fact that it causes a larger change you can conclude that? I see...most of the questions I get wrong are not content based they are usually these data interpretation questions which really screws me

Yes. That's how I usually work on data table problems like this. I got this right based off that.

Last edited:

dsoz

Accepted OHSU C/O 2017
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
d93aq.png

Why is it wrong to say B? Lines 3 and 4 on the data table show the OC activity doubles when peptide A is added.

Read the question prompt again. It says " what can be concluded about peptide A from EXPERIMENT 2." In experiment 2 there was no OC activity, only OB activity. Compare that to experiment 1 where there was OB activity and 0 osteoblatin, you can conclude that OB and Peptide A work together to make osteoblatin.

dsoz

typicalindian

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Read the question prompt again. It says " what can be concluded about peptide A from EXPERIMENT 2." In experiment 2 there was no OC activity, only OB activity. Compare that to experiment 1 where there was OB activity and 0 osteoblatin, you can conclude that OB and Peptide A work together to make osteoblatin.

dsoz

But you're talking about GROUP 2. Look at the top of the image, that is EXPERIMENT 2.

MrNeuro

7+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2010
Danger Zone
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
it has to do w/ the most significant effect 1 to 2 is a 100% increase where as 1/2 OC activity to 23 is >100% increase in activity most significant

the 1-2 is probably within a standard error or deviation of the mean aka usually insignificant

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.