AAMC CBT 10: Equilibrium

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got this right because I remembered the equation, but then I got to thinking about it and got confused.

If Keq is > 1, that means there are more products than reactants.. If there are more products than reactants, doesn't that mean the equilibrium will shift to the left (reactant side)? Or is that only true if Q>Keq? In other words, Keq > 1 just means that at equilibrium there are more products than reactants, so at any point in the reaction if Q is less than Keq the reaction will shift to products?

3Us9h.png

Members don't see this ad.

I assumed since its spontaneous it favors the forward direction meaning the products side so K>1. is that what you're saying and am I correct in saying this?

oh **** my life,. I didnt realize this was from aamc 10 and i havent taken that test yet, lol. damn oh well, my fault.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spontaneous: dG is negative.
(negative) = (negative)RT*lnK
If T is in Kelvin, you can't ever have negative Kelvin. R is a constant, so RT is positive.
neg = neg*pos*??
K's gotta be positive, so it's greater than greater/equal to one.
That was my logic.

I assumed since its spontaneous it favors the forward direction meaning the products side so K>1. is that what you're saying and am I correct in saying this?

oh **** my life,. I didnt realize this was from aamc 10 and i havent taken that test yet, lol. damn oh well, my fault.

Yea that's what I was saying. I was mixing up Keq with Q.

You probably would've gotten it right anyway :) It's just a discrete.