AAMC MCAT/AMCAS accounts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettyslick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I registered my account with AAMC MCAT to register for MCAT and by mistake I subsequently logged onto AMCAS account with same id and it asked me to confirm (I thought I had to do that in order to access the MCAT page) and it turns out it created my AAMC ID# already. I don't plan on applying till next year (in 2009 for 2010 matriculation). Can i use same login ID/password for next year or would I have to create a new one? Sorry, just wanted to clarify. Just confused!

Members don't see this ad.

I registered my account with AAMC MCAT to register for MCAT and by mistake I subsequently logged onto AMCAS account with same id and it asked me to confirm (I thought I had to do that in order to access the MCAT page) and it turns out it created my AAMC ID# already. I don't plan on applying till next year (in 2009 for 2010 matriculation). Can i use same login ID/password for next year or would I have to create a new one? Sorry, just wanted to clarify. Just confused!

I actually have no idea. I was going to apply a year ago and created the account for it but when it came time to apply a year later, they made me recreate an account since it hadn't been active for so long.

I'm pretty sure I was able to keep the same login info for about a year. I remember that I created a login in 2006 so that I could see the AMCAS. I didn't actually fill out and submit the AMCAS until 2007, and I was able to use the same login information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it's all the same login/password. After registering for the MCAT, that's also your AMCAS. Make sure you don't forget it!