AAMC recommends virtual interviews for this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holdthemayo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As in the title: Conducting Interviews During the Coronavirus Pandemic

"Given the need for all of us to support the nation’s public health efforts, the AAMC strongly encourages medical school and teaching hospital faculty to conduct all interviews with potential students, residents, and faculty in a virtual setting – either by phone or through video conferencing.

The academic medicine community is not alone in facing this challenge. LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, and Amazon have all halted on-site job interviews indefinitely and multiple resources exist for conducting virtual assessments. The AAMC will continue working with the Group on Resident Affairs, Group on Faculty Affairs, Group on Student Affairs, and others to collate and post resources as they become available."

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This would have saved a lot of time, money, and anxiety for me

What are the odds the VSLO team puts us all out of our misery or at least let’s us know wtf is going on today? They seem to like Friday’s to release any news so fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
What are the odds the VSLO team puts us all out of our misery or at least let’s us know wtf is going on today? They seem to like Friday’s to release any news so fingers crossed

The guidelines they put out a month ago says it will open May 15th at 6am. So idk if we hear something today. It would be nice if our schools would be fourth coming as well.

Reactions: 1 user
The guidelines they put out a month ago says it will open May 15th at 6am. So idk if we hear something today. It would be nice if our schools would be fourth coming as well.

Well considering mine was flabbergasted at the notion of a year long away ban, I don’t see that happening :(

Update: AAMC has taken it off of their website. Word on medtwitter is that it got enough backlash and they will update next week. Just rumors though.

Reactions: 5 users
Update: AAMC has taken it off of their website. Word on medtwitter is that it got enough backlash and they will update next week. Just rumors though.
This is the wildest timeline confirmed

Reactions: 5 users
1588958519380.png

They are denying it.

• Hmm
My institution (nyc) is already acting on those recommendations

”Interviews for residency programs will be done remotely for all specialties.”