AAOS at it again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hematosis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else read this? Podiatry

Such a BS statement. I wonder why its always them that are so concerned about "patient safety" and not the ortho hip , knee or spine guys. Certainly the family doctor , ER, vascular isn't concerned about the "patient safety" when they constantly refer patients to podiatrist. I'm sure if this was mal practice, they would have expressed concerns and our referral basis would have tanked. Its totally about the business... I don't understand how they can claim this crap. I graduated with over 1500 procedures in residency and another 800 in fellowship and the great majority of them were rearfoot procedures. There is absolutely no way an ortho foot and ankle surgeon has the volume of training we get. If anything, they are the ones who put patients in danger. If you talk to most surgical specialties, at the end of the day its all about volume. Its a numbers game and were doing more than them. I'm not going to get my bunions or ankle fracture fixed by a guy who did 50 but the guy that's doing them everyday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
That statement needs to have a name of its author above or below the text.
Name doesn't matter. Accuracy doesn't matter.

They have made their intent clear.

With all due respect to Dr. Hematosis, we can show them all the numbers we want, we can be double board certified and a fellow, and we would still get **** on by those who have made up their minds.

This issue is present at every level: pre-meds, medical students, residents, and attending.
There is a clear disconnect to healthcare workers and the general public regarding our level of training and what we do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who cares? It's the same recycled nonsense they posted before, right down to the same quote they use. Delete this thread to not give them anymore publicity. Not like the general public knows or reads anything they put out.

Reactions: 2 users
Who cares? It's the same recycled nonsense they posted before, right down to the same quote they use. Delete this thread to not give them anymore publicity. Not like the general public knows or reads anything they put out.

No, this is the complete opposite of what should be done. This is our professions reality. Trying to hide it doesn't do justice to anyone looking into this profession. They must know the hurdles and challenges that are to be faced to properly make a decision.

Reactions: 1 users