ABA Released Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkmansaad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time member here, haven't posted in a while but here goes.

So ABA released questions a couple of weeks before the written boards. I just finished them; got a 70% on the Basic and a 76% on the Advanced Question sets. I thought a few questions were arcane and tested some difficult knowledge I thought would not be tested such as Mapleson circuit types as well as a few complex gas equation calculations. I dont know if these are good or bad scores to get 13 days before the boards.

Anybody else do them? Thoughts? Similar scores on them as mine? I just want some input whether these scores are good or bad or things I should be fine tuning 2 weeks before boards. Really don't feel like bombing them after all this training.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought a few questions were arcane and tested some difficult knowledge I thought would not be tested such as Mapleson circuit types as well as a few complex gas equation calculations.

Ha! What made you think Mapleson circuit types wouldn't be on the exam? It's a favorite point of useless, irrelevant, historical trivia on the anesthesia boards. Hope you know the MAC of enflurane, too.

Members don't see this ad :)

So ABA released questions a couple of weeks before the written boards. I just finished them; got a 70% on the Basic and a 76% on the Advanced Question sets. I thought a few questions were arcane and tested some difficult knowledge I thought would not be tested such as Mapleson circuit types as well as a few complex gas equation calculations. I dont know if these are good or bad scores to get 13 days before the boards.

Anybody else do them? Thoughts? Similar scores on them as mine? I just want some input whether these scores are good or bad or things I should be fine tuning 2 weeks before boards. Really don't feel like bombing them after all this training.

Where are the questions located? I don't see them on the homepage or the portal

Dude, I got asked about Mapleson circuits on my ORAL boards. Anything in Miller/Barash is fair game for ANY exam you have for the rest of your life.

With that said, your scores are fine.

So after navigating the ABA site for about 15 minutes, I've gotta be the third person to ask....

Can someone provide a link?

Looks like I am right in line with you guys (makes me feel better). 81% adv. About to do the basic.

Edit: yikes, basic was hard or I'm getting tired. 65%. F*ck.

Last edited:
Question 39 on the basic does not have a correct answer according to me or my PD who I showed the question to. And he loves iso/nitrous.

Scored a 78% on advance and 62% on basic. Will see how it goes....good luck everyone!

Thanks for all the tips and input. Yeah a few questions seemed ridiculous. M5 question bank writers questioned how much Mapleson and some other low yield concepts would be on test but they revised their predictions after the ABA questions. I have found M5 to be very helpful for any CA2s or new CA3's starting board prep.

Good luck to all....can't believe I was on this forum as an MS2 and sending questions about how to match and now i'm in fellowship posting about boards. Soon I can join the attending forum and really come full circle. I still look out for JPP posts and miss UTSW terribly.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess I'm in the minority here - 76% on the basic but only 69% on advanced :confused: probably reflects the piss-poor teaching we got at my program on advanced rotations.

Thought a lot of the answers were odd....#29 on advanced and #22 on basic still have me scratching my head.

Good luck to everyone!