ABEM 2008 Qualifying Exam Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my letter. I breathed a sigh of relief at the "you've passed" part only to begin with indigestion again at the "$1,125 for the oral" part.

My wife promptly told me she and our two kids would be accompanying me to Chicago. Apparently, they're more excited about this than I am. Perhaps they have ulterior motives?

Congrats to all!

Take care,
Jeff

Stay at the Marriott the night befoe the test, but priceline a hotel on Michigan Ave for $100. I stayed in the Chicago Hilton for $100/night. That will make your wife happy.

mike'

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn't even open the envelope myself--had my wife do it. She read to me...

Congratulations!

That was as far as she got...Huge sigh of relief here...Congrats to all the others who passed. :soexcited::claps:

I'm on vacation in Hawai'i, so I won't know my scores for another week...but I'm on vacation...so who cares? heh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Passed too.... :cool:. Congrats to all!!

Finally got my score. Here's to a trip to Chicago and another $1000+ for ABEM.

Congratulations everyone! That test sucked.

Hope to see you all at the orals..who's planning on going to a review course?

PS One of my current partners still hasn't received his scores. When he called ABEM he got the "...call us after 90 days" runaround. Painful.

Congratulations everyone! That test sucked.

Hope to see you all at the orals..who's planning on going to a review course?

PS One of my current partners still hasn't received his scores. When he called ABEM he got the "...call us after 90 days" runaround. Painful.

Have you heard of any good review courses for the orals? I didn't take one for the written part, and was regretting it until I got my results back. But, I really feel I should take one for the orals.

I remember some organization had a write up about the "best" written test review materials/courses. Does anyone have one for the orals as well?

whew, passed. is chicago weather better in may or october?

June & September are probably Chicago's best months, so you're doin' pretty well with both May & October.

the scores finally arrived- worth the wait ;)

I passed. But man, what a strange test that was, thank god I'll be dead before I have to re-cert (I'm 50)

Example: a 75 year old man has difficulty breathing and a head ache. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis:

a. Gout
b. Gangrene
c. Guillain Barre
d. Cancer
e. Bucket

Passed. Not sure how I got that many vague questions correct, but oh well.

Pre-exam party at the Marriot O'Hare bar and lounge May 2!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey have any of you heard about the oral boards yet? I got nuthin.

Got notice today: October 25th for me.

No sooner than I post...

October for me too.

hello,

is anyone out there who is scheduled for october oral boards want to switch with me to take them in may instead? i got assigned to may 2, but had made travel plans a while back for the same time...so hoping to find someone to switch dates with... (and yes, this is allowed...i called ABEM and asked). :)

thanks!!

hello,

is anyone out there who is scheduled for october oral boards want to switch with me to take them in may instead? i got assigned to may 2, but had made travel plans a while back for the same time...so hoping to find someone to switch dates with... (and yes, this is allowed...i called ABEM and asked). :)

thanks!!
PM coming your way. Steve

Also looking to switch from May to October - I am getting married the last weekend of April & don't feel like rushing off to take my OB's...

Also looking to switch from May to October - I am getting married the last weekend of April & don't feel like rushing off to take my OB's...

I just PM'ed you, Wilco. Let me know...

Anyone else out there want to do a switch, giving up your Spring oral board date in exchange for my Fall date?

I have October, offering anyone who wants to give up their spring date. I may be deployed in Iraq during the fall exam. Steve

October 25 for me, too.

Take care,
Jeff