About match year 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HarveyR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I am an International Medical Graduate (Charles University in Prague) and I have been researching about the rate of IMG acceptance in the USA.

I have found there are quite a few Hospitals that hire IMGs and sometimes they do not even require Clinical Experience. I do not mean to say its bad but often its not necessary. However If I have the chance to prove that I am good to a US physician, would totally go and grab it no matter what.

But my question is I graduate in 2020. And I plan to appear for the Match in 2021 as I need to get ecfmg certified and all that knot. However I have hear the Medical schools in US have increased the number of enrollment and what know and by 2016 there will be enough US graduates to fill up ALL the residency position.

So all I am trying to say is there any point sitting for the USMLE? Will the US stop taking IMG altogether?

If I sit for USMLE it would mean scoring uber high like 270s in both the steps and and pass everything in one go to being competitive. I plan to take my STEP 1 in 2017.

Any input would be great! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if I'll ****ing be alive in 2021

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol all I thought when I saw the title was...THE FUTUREEE

I am just hearing a lot of these things and I was wondering what should be my plan? Just Learn German and forget the USMLEs or just Do both. The little voice at the back of my head shouts, EXCEL in both. However I just thought i should just write something and see if there are any prediction from anyone :p