ABP RCSI Interview emails

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an interview for March 4th. RCSI. I am a high school student in Toronto. woohoo.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry. email . Any thoughts on how to prepare?

I got an interview for March 4th. RCSI. I am a high school student in Toronto. woohoo.

Congrats pree123,
would it be possible if you could share with us the marks/extra curriculum you have so we can get an indication of the level RSCI is looking for? really appreciate it.

I am a grade 12 student in Toronto. Doing IB. I guess in terms of % , my marks are about an average of 86-87%. IB score hard to say. Applied for 6 yr program. I am doing Higher level chem, bio, and english. Std level Math, spanish and geography. Some volunteering experience. Hope that helps.

I am a grade 12 student in Toronto. Doing IB. I guess in terms of % , my marks are about an average of 86-87%. IB score hard to say. Applied for 6 yr program. I am doing Higher level chem, bio, and english. Std level Math, spanish and geography. Some volunteering experience. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much and congrats again.

No info about the Vancouver emails?

klabib, RCSI is not the end of the world. I hope that you applied to other 2 universities with undergrad medical schools? They are way cheaper and have the same quality of education. Also, I'm applying to Australian Universities in their Undergrad programs. I want to keep my options open.

Yea I know. I actually applied to 3 others but it would be nice to hear from a prestigious school especially since Alberta health has dozens of residents from rcsi

It is what it is, klabib. Just wish for the best.

Last edited:
interviews are being held in Toronto on March 4,5,6 - good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
interviews are being held in Toronto on March 4,5,6 - good luck

So is that it? Not getting worried here, but has anyone from BC or Alberta got interview invitations?

Last edited:
I'm waiting on Vancouver - still no news here. Has anybody out there heard about a Vancouver interview invite yet?

I'm waiting on Vancouver - still no news here. Has anybody out there heard about a Vancouver interview invite yet?

http://www.rcsi.ie/admissions_faq
I just checked the web site for RCSI at the above link and found the following:
"3.12 Where are interviews held?
Interview locations change from year to year. As a guide however, we hold annual interviews in the US (usually New York) Canada (Toronto), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Bahrain and London. Additional interviews are occasionally held in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Trinidad and Jordan"

So no mention of Vancouver :(

http://www.rcsi.ie/admissions_faq
I just checked the web site for RCSI at the above link and found the following:
"3.12 Where are interviews held?
Interview locations change from year to year. As a guide however, we hold annual interviews in the US (usually New York) Canada (Toronto), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Bahrain and London. Additional interviews are occasionally held in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Trinidad and Jordan"

So no mention of Vancouver :(

It's had interviews in Vancouver for the past 3 or 4 years. I know multiple people who went to Vancouver for the interviews

It's had interviews in Vancouver for the past 3 or 4 years. I know multiple people who went to Vancouver for the interviews

Thanks, now I feel better. Let's see what happens over the next few days.

delete

Last edited:
There are Vancouver interviews and the notifications are going out next week. Have a good weekend everyone.

Best of luck to those that received interview invitations. I hope some schools come through for me... :confused:

I hope you get an interview too. I don't know any students from the United States applying. I got another email from ABP a few days ago about the interview and it was also saying, "In the event that you will be unable to keep your appointment, please contact our office at your earliest convenience in order that another candidate may be provided the opportunity to interview with the college for a place in this year’s entering class." I'm guessing that there are a few applicants that drop out after getting an interview for whatever reason, so I wouldn't lose hope on RCSI.

Tomorrow i hope

Last edited:
ABP has confirmed Vancouver invites are going out this afternoon. Good luck everyone!

From old posts, it looks like email invites are usually sent late at the end of the work day PST time or even later in the evening. So go Valentine Day shopping and take it easy.

That I don't know. What I do know is that RCSI interview notifications will arrive imminently.

I got my RSCI interview invite for Toronto in mid-February with a confirmation of time and place right after I called to choose a time slot. There are 3 days of interviews in TO - I'm wondering how many NA applicants they interview, if anyone knows?

I applied to GEP btw, and have yet to hear from any other Irish unis.

I got my interview in Toronto too on March 5th, I don't know how excited I should be at this point because I know it is not an acceptance so I have to keep my fingers crossed, any one know how many people will get accepted based on the interview??
I didn't here from the other schools I applied too which was all five of them through the ABP
Any insight guys??

Last edited:
My advice is to keep it cool, be positive and not beat yourself up. You've been lucky and got an interview, so make the best out of it.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, did u get anything from other universities??
Forgot to mention that my grades in: math was 98, enrich chem 93, enrich physics 95 and bio 82 :(
Best of luck.

Last edited:
Not yet. I'm in the same shoes as yours as I'll be going to my RCSI interview next week.It is all in the Lord's hands. We just do our best.
Also, above 80, you are still within the admission requirement levels for RCSI, so do not worry about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks alot Mike :)
Any clue how to handle those questions:
Why Irland?
Why our university?
What are you going to bring to RCSI?
Did you apply to other universities in Irland??
Best of Luck.

Thanks alot Mike :)
Any clue how to handle those questions:
Why Irland?
Why our university?
What are you going to bring to RCSI?
Did you apply to other universities in Irland??
Best of Luck.

Why Ireland - emphasize why you want to come to Ireland and live there for 4-6 years. Adcoms here are looking for information that you won't feel homesick and drop out of the course. (don't mention homesickness in your answer though)

Why your university? - emphasize what about the PROGRAM that makes it so appealing to you. Just telling them that their university is world renowned and the best won't work.

I can't emphasize this enough - Read up on the program details

If the program offers a year in basic sciences, emphasize how you important you feel basic sciences are to medicine.
If the program has early clinical experience, emphasize how important it is to connect the basic sciences to clinical work (i.e. it makes you learn better (btw, this is true fact, so say it with confidence)

etc etc..

You can also mention things about the university itself. Maybe the location in Dublin/any city appeals to you.

What are you bringing to RCSI? - They might ask this question and the response would be up to you. I never prepared for this question and I never got it (I never applied to RCSI but i did interview at UK medical schools)

Emphasize your credentials - you might want to talk about your past working experience. Here is also the time to talk about your interest/love for medicine. Don't be afraid to repeat the same idea. It puts you one step ahead of other interviewees. You know when a teacher really wants to make you remember something, they repeat it more than once? Do the same with the interview and the interviewers will take note.

Did you apply to other universities in Ireland?? - This is a question i am pretty sure they won't ask. However, if they do this is the response if you don't want to lie (assuming you have applied to others) - I have applied to others but [insert your school] is my first choice.

If you say no i haven't, they will likely as why? Then you will have to come up with a reason why you only applied to one school.

Hey Mike, how is you preparation so far, when is ur interview?
GL

Can anyone who survived today's interview in Toronto could let us know how was it? :naughty::D

Heya! I had my interview today. It was really relaxed, more a chat than anything. They really just want to get to know you. Most of my interview was spent talking about some of the research that I've done, and what I do for fun. I interviewed for the GEP program so I didn't experience the 5/6 year program interview, however pretty much everyone else there at the same time was coming straight out of high school and they all came out of their sessions smiling. Just relax and be yourself. :) Oh, and if you can keep the blood flowing to your hands that would be great because mine were ice cold by the end and I felt really bad when I went to shake their hands with an icicle! Good luck!

Anyone who interviewed for RCSI through video interview?

And what is the composition of full undergraduates class as in like,how many American students,Malaysian students e.t.c

GEP=graduate entry program, meaning you already completed 4 years bachelor program.