ABP RCSI Interview emails

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys! I also got an offer yesterday for the GEP program at RCSI and will be going! I was wondering about an FB group as well (class of 2017!) Does one exist? If it does or if the group gets created, please post it. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting, be patient. My fingers are crossed for you!

Members don't see this ad.

oh ya and here's my info:

Country (Canada/USA):Canada (Toronto)
Average in hight school including grade 11 and 12: don't remember it was so long ago, high 80's low 90's all around
Current university attending, including program, average, GPA, and which year: did my undergrad at McGill in Anatomy and Cell Biology, 3.74 GPA, now finishing up a thesis based Masters at U of T
MCAT results if taken: 29R (11/11/7)- I hate the MCAT I took it a bunch of times
Universities you applied for, 4/5 or 6 year program including first choice:all 4 year program in Ireland
Number of times you applied to:2nd time applying to med school, first time through ABP
When was your interview took place and where: Toronto, March 5

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking of starting the RCSI GEP class of 2017 group, feel free to look me up of Facebook and I will start the group :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking of starting the RCSI GEP class of 2017 group, feel free to look me up of Facebook and I will start the group :)

Yay!! So excited to meet everyone :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys can you do us a favor,
Who ever got accepted, answer the following questions when you deliver the good news please :)

Country (Canada/USA):
Average in hight school including grade 11 and 12:
Current university attending, including program, average, GPA, and which year:
MCAT results if taken:
Universities you applied for, 4/5 or 6 year program including first choice:
Number of times you applied to:
When was your interview took place and where:

Thanks a lot:love:
GL everyone:thumbup:

Average in high school : 87% ( full IB, average 33)
At high school now
No MCAT
Applied all ireland 5/6 yr and UG in Ontario inc Mac, Western, Waterloo, UofT, Guelph, Queens, Ottawa.
First application
RCSI interview March 4th

GOT IN TODAY. :) Offer conditional of 30 IB score.

Yahoooooooooo
I'm innnnnnnn, woooooow :)

Country (Canada/USA): Ottawa, Canada
Average in hight school including grade 11 and 12: 90, 92
Current university attending, including program, average, GPA, and which year:still in high school.
MCAT results if taken: not taken
Universities you applied for, 4/5 or 6 year program including first choice: all what ABP has to offer, U of T, Ottawa, Macmaster, Queens, Waterloo and McGill.
Number of times you applied to: first time
When was your interview took place and where: March 4th Toronto
Was accepted in all Canadian universities and RCSI my first choice wooooow :love:
GL everyone :thumbup:

Last edited:
Currently in grade 12, average 92%, RCSI first and only choice - accepted into 6 year program

Forgot to mention that was a conditional offer to finish hight school with a minimum of 80.
They gave me until April 8th to accept the offer.

GL ALL :)

Currently in grade 12, average 92%, RCSI first and only choice - accepted into 6 year program

Congratulations :naughty:
Have you ever been there before??
I was thinking to take advantage of this upcoming long weekend and fly to Dublin to visit the university, I'll keep you posted guys :luck:
:oops::):D:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations :naughty:
Have you ever been there before??
I was thinking to take advantage of this upcoming long weekend and fly to Dublin to visit the university, I'll keep you posted guys :luck:
:oops::):D:laugh:

me too. plan to pop down for long weekend.

Accepted to 4 year program. Interviewed on march 9th in Vancouver.

Is Cork considered a good school? I know about Limerick, UCD, Trinity, and RCSI, but I do not know much about Galway and Cork.

Country (Canada/USA): Canada
Average in hight school including grade 11 and 12:
Current university attending, including program, average, GPA, and which year: UWO, Med Sci/Bio, 3.8, 4th year
MCAT results if taken: 14/10/11/S
Universities you applied for, 4/5 or 6 year program including first choice:All Irish
Number of times you applied to:2 to Ireland, 5 to Canada
When was your interview took place and where: March 4th, Toronto
How could you have applied to Canadian medical schools 5 times and still be in 4th year? And also you have a 35S MCAT and a 3.8 GPA and you couldn't get into Canada???

Also congrats to everyone who got in :D

How could you have applied to Canadian medical schools 5 times and still be in 4th year? And also you have a 35S MCAT and a 3.8 GPA and you couldn't get into Canada???

i think he meant applied to 5 schools in canada.
its not unusual to not get in to canada with a 3.8 GPA and that MCAT
Canada is currently the worlds hardest place to get in. Believe me, I base that on facts. I am just at high school so no personal experience, but my mom teaches residents and med students and tells me that its no slam dunk with those marks.

Hey everyone!
Congratulations on everyone's acceptances! I realize this is a RCSI forum but I was curious if anyone has also applied to TCD and has heard anything from them yet?

Thanks!

UG - Master's - 2nd UG. Need 11 in VR to get interviews in Canada - don't have it, so no interviews.

Greetings everyone. I want to start by congratulating each and every one you who have received an offer of admission and for those who have not yet heard back, don't sweat it, no word is still a window of optimism.

My question for those who have received acceptance into 5yr (or 6yr programs reduced to 5yr due to university years but no degree completion) or to the GEP program is whether your offer was conditional and if so, what is the condition?

Cheers

Acceptance to the 4 year program was not conditional. Maybe it's because all you need is an undergraduate degree and an MCAT. I'm currently finishing a masters degree, and my interviewer asked about when I expected to finish, but there was nothing in my offer package that mentioned conditional acceptance based on whether my MSc was complete by September or not.

Acceptance to the 4 year program was not conditional. Maybe it's because all you need is an undergraduate degree and an MCAT.

Hmm, I got a 4-year offer and mine does say "conditional" provided I graduate with good academic standings and some other condition I can't recall right now.
But I'm assuming all they're basically saying is that I HAVE to get my B.Sc and just send them my final transcript? :confused:

that's right I think - as long as your BSc is done (and you have a decent MCAT) then you are set! I think they're just trying to prevent kids from the attitude of - well I'm in med school so nothing else matters now?? I already have a BSc, but I guess they don't care if I finish the master's (even though there really is no other option at this point)?

congratulations.

You too pree123 :love:
So my wish was granted :laugh: everyone got accepted :thumbup: congratulations to all of us:D and yes,
we should start a group of RCSI 2019 :naughty::)

Last edited:
You too pree123 :love:
So my wish was granted :laugh: everyone got accepted :thumbup: congratulations to all of us:D and yes,
we should start a group of RCSI 2019 :naughty::)laugh:

Do it. The RCSI GEP class of 2017 group is super awesome.

hello,
I got accepted into RCSI 5 year program
my offer is ABB on Alevels

hello,
I got accepted into RCSI 5 year program
my offer is ABB on Alevels

Hi - are you attending unviersity right now ? I have not heard back from RCSI yet ,

Hi - are you attending unviersity right now ? I have not heard back from RCSI yet ,

I am in college doing my last year of A levels.
I got an email today,so they might give out offers tomorrow.

Hey, I got accepted too! Congrats everybody. Do anybody hear anything from NUIG or UCD?

Hey, I got accepted too! Congrats everybody. Do anybody hear anything from NUIG or UCD?

Congratulation guys:)
I don't understand thought, where did got accepted?, what do u mean by A or ABB?, and, what emails are you talking about:confused:

I didn't hear from them neither :rolleyes: but don't care thought cuz RCSI was my first choice anyways :love:

GL ALL :love:

A in Biology,B in Chemistry and B in Mathematics.

I got an email stating my offer and my acceptance form.

Hey all,

I was accepted into the RCSI 6 year program a few days ago and was wondering if any facebook page was created?

not that i know of yet - why don't you start one?

I dont mind starting it. If you guys want, I will make a FB group for the 6 year students entering this fall.

If any of you cannot join the group, message me your email addresses and I will send you an invite.