ABPN SA-CME, Part III Completed-I think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did the articles, did the questions, finished them. Why did I write "completed I think?" Cause the directions say once you completed it ABPN will send further communication to complete the process and get your board-certification continued.

Problem was they never got back to me. So I sent them a communication and they told me due to COVID they're seriously backlogged and everything for now is on hold. They assured me they have a record of me completing all the requirements and extended board-certification so I'm not in trouble. At least that's what they say. Hopefully this won't be a case of them claiming this then months later say it's my fault for not doing X, Y, and Z before the deadline.

Overall the articles are very useful for clinical practice. I didn't do all the articles but handpicked the ones I thought would be best. The only major disappointment was the sleep article. I felt it went over too much information in a manner that was too superficial to be of much clinical use.

I thought the questions were fair except for one 1 question where graduate level statistics needed to be employed. I forgot which article it was. Altogether given that this was only 1 question I had a problem with overall I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Question: I had all the articles in PDF format (forgot who but someone generously shared them). Can someone provide them to me again? I deleted them but in hindsight they were excellent articles and I'd like to provide many of them to colleagues.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe we get to wait another year. You probably have to pay MOC, but you may be able to delay full payment for recert until the end of 2022. This is on the folios page now:

"Due to the pandemic, diplomates who are due in 2020 or 2021 for a recertification exam or continuing certification requirements will have until 12/31/2022 to complete the requirements without a change of certification status or lapse of certification.

• All 2020 and 2021 certifications have been automatically extended thru 12/31/2022.
  • Diplomates remaining in the 2020 and 2021 Pilot will submit the Pilot application and payment in 2022.
  • Diplomates still in the 2015-2017 and 2016-2018 blocks have until 12/31/2022 to catch up with requirements before their certification(s) expire.
  • Diplomates in the 2018-2020 and 2019-2021 blocks have until 12/31/2022 complete the requirements before their certification status changes to ‘Not Meeting Requirements’.
ABPN strongly encourages diplomates to continue to complete as many requirements as they can this year in order to have sufficient time to complete any remaining requirements by the end of 2022.

Extensions will be automatically updated in our system the first week of 2022."

I did the articles, did the questions, finished them. Why did I write "completed I think?" Cause the directions say once you completed it ABPN will send further communication to complete the process and get your board-certification continued.

Problem was they never got back to me. So I sent them a communication and they told me due to COVID they're seriously backlogged and everything for now is on hold. They assured me they have a record of me completing all the requirements and extended board-certification so I'm not in trouble. At least that's what they say. Hopefully this won't be a case of them claiming this then months later say it's my fault for not doing X, Y, and Z before the deadline.

Overall the articles are very useful for clinical practice. I didn't do all the articles but handpicked the ones I thought would be best. The only major disappointment was the sleep article. I felt it went over too much information in a manner that was too superficial to be of much clinical use.

I thought the questions were fair except for one 1 question where graduate level statistics needed to be employed. I forgot which article it was. Altogether given that this was only 1 question I had a problem with overall I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Question: I had all the articles in PDF format (forgot who but someone generously shared them). Can someone provide them to me again? I deleted them but in hindsight they were excellent articles and I'd like to provide many of them to colleagues.
Hello, I just recently started with the articles and am having some difficulty. Is it possible to get some guidance from you? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)