(ABR?) Question bank (SALII)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fettucine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.sallii.com/

Our program directors recently recieved an email with a question bank of ABR physics questions. Has anybody taken these questions.. what is your opinion? I is it worth $70 or is it simply a re-hash of Raphex questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am the quiz author for the Self assessment and lifelong learning international institute (Sallii) radiation oncology question bank, found at sallii.com. The 568 questions came from a bank of quizes given to radiation oncology residents as part of our year-long physics course. We have over 10 years of questions in the bank and we usually gave 5 tests per year, over parts of the rad onc curriculum. The question bank was expanded to 5 responses for each question, with feedback for every question. We did not refer to RAPHEX when we generated the question bank, any similarities to RAPHEX questions are by coincidence. It took approximately 250 hours of work to generate the question bank and responses in its current form from the raw tests.

Last edited:
I bought it. Was very unsatisfied, and stopped using it after doing about 3 or 4 sections. I was disappointed at the very limited answers/explanation. Felt that there was mostly definition type questions, very little conceptual or 2nd degree type questions. Some are similar to Raphex, but they were more straightforward/direct "fact" questions. People are saying the actual test has become more concept driven, so I don't know. Its hard to say ...

I was expecting something like the ASTRO Radiobiology with the intensive answers and references or like Q-Bank by Kaplan. I swear, Kaplan could make Q-Bank Rad-onc practice tests and I bet they'd make good money ...

So close to done!
-S

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to addend my earlier post.

The short version: after having taking the test, I felt that the Sallii questions were relevant to the test - mostly definitions and fact questions - and I wish I had completed the set, because I ran out of Raphex questions and the style was just different enough to be worth it.

The long version: message me.

-S

Well I paid the money - now the site has locked me out and pretends I don't exist when I ask for my password... argh.

Well I paid the money - now the site has locked me out and pretends I don't exist when I ask for my password... argh.
clinonc,

You are implying that sallii.com is trying to rip you off. You should retract this statement since the sallii support team has never received a request in regards to this issue. If you lost your user id, password, or access to the quiz you purchased, you should contact [email protected] immediately to help rectify the situation.

I am implying no such thing. I am happy to confirm that sallii.com dealt quickly and efficiently with the technical difficulties I experienced, and that I found the site useful.

clinonc,

You are implying that sallii.com is trying to rip you off. You should retract this statement since the sallii support team has never received a request in regards to this issue. If you lost your user id, password, or access to the quiz you purchased, you should contact [email protected] immediately to help rectify the situation.

a little touchy, arent we?

a little touchy, arent we?

Certainly didn't mean to come across as being "touchy". Just know the Doctors who put the site together and the effort they put into it to provide the community with an alternative educational resource. :D

Apologies to Clinonc if it came across as that and thanks for elaborating!