Abstract accepted to national conference for poster presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medgirlypop

Reaction score
Hi all!! I'm new to research and not sure about alot of the terminology. An abstract I am coauthor on got accepted to a national conference for poster presentation. Would this abstract count as publication? They publish the abstract on their website afterwards, I believe. I wrote in my primary that I submitted the abstract to the conference and just recently got news that we have been accepted. Is this something that is worth an update later on? Is a poster presentation as relevant as publication? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Do send an update stating that the poster has been accepted for the xyz meeting to be presented on [date] in [city]. If the abstracts are published, you can send another update with the citation for the publication.

Well done!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much!! Sorry one additional question: Is this something I should update now if the secondary portal allows updates or wait till interviews? I still have some secondaries that are not complete so I can mention it if there is space available. Otherwise, if I already submitted the secondary is it fine to send updates at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd send an update sometime in the next 4 weeks. It could be a way to signal your interest and give your application a nudge toward interview invite.

I'd send an update sometime in the next 4 weeks. It could be a way to signal your interest and give your application a nudge toward interview invite.
Do send an update stating that the poster has been accepted for the xyz meeting to be presented on [date] in [city]. If the abstracts are published, you can send another update with the citation for the publication.

Well done!
Hello Lizzy,
Just wondering if there is some type of format for this? Can I just write up the update in a word document and upload it to the secondary portal?

Without knowing the school and how they want updates, I really can't say. For some schools it might be an email, for some it might be a pdf attachment to the email that can be uploaded, some might have you directly upload the pdf. I just don't know how each school has set up their secondary portal.

Without knowing the school and how they want updates, I really can't say. For some schools it might be an email, for some it might be a pdf attachment to the email that can be uploaded, some might have you directly upload the pdf. I just don't know how each school has set up their secondary portal.
I hear you. I'm more so asking about the content of the update. Would they expect me to upload the actual abstract or just a short description like you did above?