Academic average score vs pat score (which one of these do detal admission focus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seong1029

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I got around 20-22 on academic average score but
received a 19 on pat section. I know pat is very important, so I don't know whether I should retake the test. Does anyone know if the dental admission view aa score and pat score equally or if they view one score more heavily than the other? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

AA more heavily without a doubt. Also a 19 on PAT is more than passable. Good job on the scores! Make sure your RC isn't lower than 17 and your DAT won't be holding you back

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely AA since that's representative of 5/6 sections.

Thank you so much for the advices and links!!:)! And sorry one more thing, if I do end up retaking the test, (i already sent the score to dental schools not knowing that i can send them
later for additional fees), do you guys know if they will take the average of the two test scores I sent them or if they pick the better one??

Thank you so much for the advices and links!!:)! And sorry one more thing, if I do end up retaking the test, (i already sent the score to dental schools not knowing that i can send them
later for additional fees), do you guys know if they will take the average of the two test scores I sent them or if they pick the better one??

This has been discussed numerous times.....
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=937517

Last edited: