academic oms salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parkinglottoilet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what the expected pay is in academics

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on institution. Let me tell you my experiences. First, I was a county hospital based "academic" in the early 2010's. I was at about 180K with outside practice adding another 200K for about 380K per year pre tax. Moved to a more expensive city but got an increase in academic salary but PP augmentation was still about 200K pre tax putting me about 450K. I know of several 400-450+ academic offerings throughout the US. It really depends on what you like to do. As an academic I prefer more complex and unique cases and I really enjoy teaching/working with residents and students. Its not for everyone and has its drawbacks but for those who like to exercise the skills they learned in residency and enjoy the hospital environment it is a good place to go. Make decent money (not top tier) and live comfortably. If anyone wants to discuss I am always open to DM's

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on institution. Let me tell you my experiences. First, I was a county hospital based "academic" in the early 2010's. I was at about 180K with outside practice adding another 200K for about 380K per year pre tax. Moved to a more expensive city but got an increase in academic salary but PP augmentation was still about 200K pre tax putting me about 450K. I know of several 400-450+ academic offerings throughout the US. It really depends on what you like to do. As an academic I prefer more complex and unique cases and I really enjoy teaching/working with residents and students. Its not for everyone and has its drawbacks but for those who like to exercise the skills they learned in residency and enjoy the hospital environment it is a good place to go. Make decent money (not top tier) and live comfortably. If anyone wants to discuss I am always open to DM's

Would many of these positions if any qualify for PSLF? That would be a big factor if so.

Reactions: 1 user
Would many of these positions if any qualify for PSLF? That would be a big factor if so.

Yes. As long as it’s full time and the institution is a non-profit. Only 6 years after residency for forgiveness

Reactions: 1 users