SCORE OMS Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caffeine jitters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has experience with using the SCORE curriculum for OMS and if they'd recommend it. It's pretty expensive and my program won't pay for it, so wanna see if anyone out there recommends it. Do they have a question bank or flashcards?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't recommend it as there are much better resources.

We have it at our program, I think it’s pretty worthless. The modules are haphazardly put together, there’s no consistency between topics, the questions are poorly written. I’m not really a fan of AROMS but that is way better.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We have it at our program, I think it’s pretty worthless. The modules are haphazardly put together, there’s no consistency between topics, the questions are poorly written. I’m not really a fan of AROMS but that is way better.
Yeah, it's frightening how ****ty it is considering it's officially endorsed by AAOMS.

@piratewow, what are your go-to's for studying?

Last edited:
oh okay cool, thanks for the heads up. i really wish there was just a freakin anki or something that i could melt my brain with. sifting between 400 different resources is a huge pain

AROMS is a new app that’s very solid. Updated frequently with content and surgical illustrations.

it’s a proprietary flash card that they have on the desktop site. i’m not a huge fan. there’s no way to keep track of the cards you’ve done and no spaced repetition feature.
Yeah, quite honestly it just seems like their way of maintaining a financial grip on the content. Anki with Ankihub would be so much easier to use for everyone.

Yeah, it's frightening how ****ty it is considering it's officially endorsed by AAOMS.

@piratewow, what are your go-to's for studying?
To be honest, reading textbooks or primary literature
Reading up on OR cases/anatomy- Atlas, surgical approaches, or AO reference website
Pathology, Trauma, etc- Petersons or Fonseca
Pimp question stuff- Board review by Lam, or OMFS secrets
General medical- Uptodate
If I forget something repeatedly I write it down in a word doc and review it every so often. Way I see it, if it's important I'll see it again, if not and I forget it, then no big deal.