Academic Probation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnsonCo_DPT

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am trending towards being on academic probation after my first semester all because of a bad anatomy grade. I’ll have high Bs and an A in my other 4 classes. My school puts that we were on academic probation on our official transcript. How will that affect me once I graduate in getting a job (specifically in travel physical therapy)?

I would really appreciate feedback as I am very stressed and feeling defeated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

When I hire someone, who has graduated and has a license, I don't look at their transcript. I interview the person and determine if they are a good fit. I can't speak for all employers, but the transcript and the grades mean absolutely nothing to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Just focus on finishing PT school. Grades do not matter. I have not seen anyone to be asked to show their transcripts for employment purposes. An employer will ask for your licence (which is your name and # assigned to you) and your diploma (which is your name, DPT credentials, name of school, year of graduation). That's it. Please do not stress out about your grades or probation. As long as they do not kick you out of the program, you will not be affected by your grades or probation in job search.

Reactions: 1 user