Academic Record

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayyntee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys, on the application, it asks "Does your academic record accurately reflect your capabilities?" I graduated with a really low GPA but since going back to school after getting my bachelor's degree, I have gotten straight A's in 50 units. My question to you guys is if I had a low GPA when I graduated, but picked it up after graduating, how would you guys answer this?? Really hard to say..Any help/comments/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat, I have to answer that same question. I think i will answer it by saying that i didnt put forth the effort, and/or challenge myself enough. Now that im a few years older, i realize the importance of discipline and dedication for my studies.

If I remember correctly I said something about my last 2 years of my bachelors degree being much more reflective of my abilities than the first 2. My last 60 credits I had around a ~3.8, and that was while doing at least 5 classes per semester and two jobs.
So if you think it's relevant, then add it. I certainly think your situation is worth mentioning there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same boat, I have to answer that same question. I think i will answer it by saying that i didnt put forth the effort, and/or challenge myself enough. Now that im a few years older, i realize the importance of discipline and dedication for my studies.

Did you also attend community college to up your cumulative GPA?

I was in the same boat too. Graduated with a 2.9 over ten years ago, but have a 4.0 in 10+ classes that I've taken since then. Only three of those were prereqs. I answered that question as honestly as I could, and explained that I was young and honestly just not ready to be serious about school. I also worked through part of undergrad, which I was sure to mention. I said that I believed my academic record since graduating more accurately reflected my academic potential. I guess it worked! I'm starting my program in a few weeks! Give an honest answer. You're obviously a better student now and hopefully they will appreciate that. Good luck to you!