Accelerated 3+4 program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshea413

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im in an accelerated 3+4 program to get into NECO after three years of undergrad at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. http://www.mcphs.edu/academics/programs/pre-med_and_health_studies/od_optometry/index.html
I was wondering if anyone else has been in a program like this and have gotten into optometry school. The requirements for the program don't seem to be too hard to fulfill (3.4 gpa and 330 on the OAT with no scores below 300), but it also says that final acceptation to NECO is conditional. Getting into the program wasn't too difficult, I has a decent gpa in high school and only did mediocre on the SAT. All this makes me worry that ill meet the requirements and still not get in.

Members don't see this ad.

It just means that your acceptance is contingent on an interview and meeting the more "personal" requirements that might not be written out in black and white. For example, they probably don't want to accept a robot who can just get great grades and scores. You should call NECO to ask about more specifics and get some advice as to what other things you should do to ensure your acceptance.

I've already interviewed and meet with the admissions director multiple times