Accelerated Pharm.D. programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eg261

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of going to pharmacy school, even though I have already gotten my bachelor's degree. I am particularly intersted in accelerated/year-round Pharm.D. programs but have had difficulty finding them. Is anyone aware of a website where I could find some sort of a list of these programs, maybe with links to the schools' websites? Also, is anyone know anything about the difference between accelerated and four-year programs in terms of curriculum? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a list of all of the pharmacy programs currently recognized by aacp:
http://www.aacp.org/Docs/MainNavigation/ForStudentsApplicants/5401_PSARtab1.pdf
"Year-round" or "other" with a superscript of "e" means its an accelerated 3-year program. I think South University in Georgia is also 3 years, although it doesn't say so on the list, and Hawaii is missing from the list, but I think it's 3 years too.

You can find links to individual schools here: http://www.aacp.org/issi/membership/schools.asp?TrackID=&VID=6&CID=593&DID=4224

Also check out www.pharmcas.org to see if each institution participates in Pharmcas or not, and for deadlines. If you're thinking of applying for Fall '05, and since you already have a bachelor's degree, APPLY EARLY, starting in June '04!

eg261 said:
I am thinking of going to pharmacy school, even though I have already gotten my bachelor's degree. I am particularly intersted in accelerated/year-round Pharm.D. programs but have had difficulty finding them. Is anyone aware of a website where I could find some sort of a list of these programs, maybe with links to the schools' websites? Also, is anyone know anything about the difference between accelerated and four-year programs in terms of curriculum? Thanks!

The fact that you already have a B.S. will help your chances of being accepted to pharmacy school - which has recently become extremely competitive.
There is no difference between four year and three year curricula.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did a thread a while back on this but the new search function doesn't seem to work. Anyway, here are the schools

LECOM- Erie PA
University of the Pacific- Stockton Ca
South University- Savannah Georgia
Midwestern University- Glendale AZ
Albany University- Albany NY
NVCP- Las Vegas NV
MCP- Worchester MA

And I think im forgetting one...at least its not my own school this time! LOL

forgot hawaii college of pharmacy

Great...Thanks for the help guys!