Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Accelerated Pharm.D. programs

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by eg261, Apr 13, 2004.

1. eg261

eg261 New Member

I am thinking of going to pharmacy school, even though I have already gotten my bachelor's degree. I am particularly intersted in accelerated/year-round Pharm.D. programs but have had difficulty finding them. Is anyone aware of a website where I could find some sort of a list of these programs, maybe with links to the schools' websites? Also, is anyone know anything about the difference between accelerated and four-year programs in terms of curriculum? Thanks!

2. Roxicet

Roxicet warning: I'm addictive!
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Here's a list of all of the pharmacy programs currently recognized by aacp:
    http://www.aacp.org/Docs/MainNavigation/ForStudentsApplicants/5401_PSARtab1.pdf
    "Year-round" or "other" with a superscript of "e" means its an accelerated 3-year program. I think South University in Georgia is also 3 years, although it doesn't say so on the list, and Hawaii is missing from the list, but I think it's 3 years too.

You can find links to individual schools here: http://www.aacp.org/issi/membership/schools.asp?TrackID=&VID=6&CID=593&DID=4224

Also check out www.pharmcas.org to see if each institution participates in Pharmcas or not, and for deadlines. If you're thinking of applying for Fall '05, and since you already have a bachelor's degree, APPLY EARLY, starting in June '04!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 28657

28657 Smile like you mean it
    10+ Year Member

The fact that you already have a B.S. will help your chances of being accepted to pharmacy school - which has recently become extremely competitive.
    There is no difference between four year and three year curricula.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Caverject

15+ Year Member

I did a thread a while back on this but the new search function doesn't seem to work. Anyway, here are the schools

LECOM- Erie PA
    University of the Pacific- Stockton Ca
    South University- Savannah Georgia
    Midwestern University- Glendale AZ
    Albany University- Albany NY
    NVCP- Las Vegas NV
    MCP- Worchester MA

And I think im forgetting one...at least its not my own school this time! LOL

5. illusions

illusions Believe & U Can Succeed
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    forgot hawaii college of pharmacy

6. Caverject

15+ Year Member

I couldn't remember if they were or not. I was sure someone would correct me!

7. eg261

eg261 New Member

Great...Thanks for the help guys!