Accept community college credit on case by case basis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FattySlug

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain how they determine whether to accept CC credit? I was using the online MSAR and some of the schools on my list said that they decide on a case by case basis. What does that mean?

I am a transfer student where I took upper division bio classes at a 4 yr college but taken gchem, ochem, and 3 lower bio classes at a CC before transfer. My GPA is the same before transfer and after graduation at 3.66 for both sGPA and cGPA.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Whats schools say that? That is not fair at all.

Whats schools say that? That is not fair at all.

sure it is, schools assume that CC classes were easier than University (my opinion they are). Not trying to spark a debate just laying out the facts

Members don't see this ad :)
Odd, if the classes are good enough to be accepted as transfer credit shouldn't that mean that they are "equivalent" to some extent to the classes you would be taking in the 4-year school? Sure there it's debatable if they are easier or not, but if the university seems them fit, doesn't that essentially mean "Yes, that specific class is essentially what we teach here too."

Whether it is fair or not I don't have an opinion. There are good CCs and there are bad CCs the same for 4 yr schools. I just want to know how schools determine whether to accept CC credit.

My guess is that if you do well at both schools they will accept it and if you get a 4.0 in CC and get 3.0 in 4yr school to come out 3.5 they will hold that against you. Any ideas guys?

I don't know about the whole easier thing, I mean I can't imagine OChem being any different anywhere else. Best bet would be to ask the schools how they view CC credit.