Acceptance after Withdrawal [URGENT]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwaway_12344

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok. So I had several acceptances. I withdrew one last week, and it is listed on AMCAS as “Withdrew After Acceptance”. But I am now reconsidering my decision, and wondering if there is any chance of getting re-accepted by emailing the school. Or, more likely now, put on the WL.

So, should I email the school and ask (very nicely of course, and with the full understanding that there is a high chance of them saying no)?

Or is it not worth it?

I know that, yes, I should have really considered everything more so before making this decision but that’s not what this post is about. I have another acceptance I am happy with of course, otherwise I wouldn’t have withdrawn but I would rather go to the school I withdrew from. Thanks
 
Ok. So I had several acceptances. I withdrew one last week, and it is listed on AMCAS as “Withdrew After Acceptance”. But I am now reconsidering my decision, and wondering if there is any chance of getting re-accepted by emailing the school. Or, more likely now, put on the WL.

So, should I email the school and ask (very nicely of course, and with the full understanding that there is a high chance of them saying no)?

Or is it not worth it?

I know that, yes, I should have really considered everything more so before making this decision but that’s not what this post is about. I have another acceptance I am happy with of course, otherwise I wouldn’t have withdrawn but I would rather go to the school I withdrew from. Thanks
The worst that can happen is "no". However, before you ask for your spot back, be 100% sure that you are willing to CTE and withdraw from all other schools if your request is granted. Not attending this school after having your request granted will likely be received poorly. Best of luck and just my thoughts.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The worst that can happen is "no". However, before you ask for your spot back, be 100% sure that you are willing to CTE and withdraw from all other schools if your request is granted. Not attending this school after having your request granted will likely be received poorly. Best of luck and just my thoughts.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I don’t have high hopes, but there is no real downside (aside from it being awkward). I was going to include that I will CTE if accepted. Thanks for your input.
 
Ok. So I had several acceptances. I withdrew one last week, and it is listed on AMCAS as “Withdrew After Acceptance”. But I am now reconsidering my decision, and wondering if there is any chance of getting re-accepted by emailing the school. Or, more likely now, put on the WL.

So, should I email the school and ask (very nicely of course, and with the full understanding that there is a high chance of them saying no)?

Or is it not worth it?

I know that, yes, I should have really considered everything more so before making this decision but that’s not what this post is about. I have another acceptance I am happy with of course, otherwise I wouldn’t have withdrawn but I would rather go to the school I withdrew from. Thanks
hi, im in a similar situation -- did u end up asking and did it work?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.