Acceptance after Withdrawal [URGENT]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Throwaway_12344

Reaction score
Ok. So I had several acceptances. I withdrew one last week, and it is listed on AMCAS as “Withdrew After Acceptance”. But I am now reconsidering my decision, and wondering if there is any chance of getting re-accepted by emailing the school. Or, more likely now, put on the WL.

So, should I email the school and ask (very nicely of course, and with the full understanding that there is a high chance of them saying no)?

Or is it not worth it?

I know that, yes, I should have really considered everything more so before making this decision but that’s not what this post is about. I have another acceptance I am happy with of course, otherwise I wouldn’t have withdrawn but I would rather go to the school I withdrew from. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I mean it can't ever hurt you to ask but I'd go into it expecting a big NO

But hey - you never know

Ok. So I had several acceptances. I withdrew one last week, and it is listed on AMCAS as “Withdrew After Acceptance”. But I am now reconsidering my decision, and wondering if there is any chance of getting re-accepted by emailing the school. Or, more likely now, put on the WL.

So, should I email the school and ask (very nicely of course, and with the full understanding that there is a high chance of them saying no)?

Or is it not worth it?

I know that, yes, I should have really considered everything more so before making this decision but that’s not what this post is about. I have another acceptance I am happy with of course, otherwise I wouldn’t have withdrawn but I would rather go to the school I withdrew from. Thanks
The worst that can happen is "no". However, before you ask for your spot back, be 100% sure that you are willing to CTE and withdraw from all other schools if your request is granted. Not attending this school after having your request granted will likely be received poorly. Best of luck and just my thoughts.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The worst that can happen is "no". However, before you ask for your spot back, be 100% sure that you are willing to CTE and withdraw from all other schools if your request is granted. Not attending this school after having your request granted will likely be received poorly. Best of luck and just my thoughts.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I don’t have high hopes, but there is no real downside (aside from it being awkward). I was going to include that I will CTE if accepted. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: 1 users