Acceptance Encouragement, Be Honest

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by Nick50, May 14, 2008.

1. Nick50

Rehab Sci Student
    I am applying to a college where 3.0 is the minimum GPA. When I graduate my GPA will most likely be a 3.2 with a degree in Exercise Science. I also have strong leadership abilities proven the fact I am a captain of a college football team. Will playing football have a positive influence on acceptance?

All the pre-reqs have to be a C or higher. I do not have any A's on the pre reqs and need to take 3 more classes to meet the requirements. Here are my grades for Pre-reqs:

Human Anat & Phys/Lab B/B

Chemistry I/ Lab B/C

Chemistry II/Lab C/C

Introduction to Psych. B

Anthropology B

Sociology B

Algebra/Trig B

I need to finish taking Physics I and II, Medical Terminology, and Human Anatomy II.

It doesn't require I take the GRE, but should I and if I do good will it be impressive on my application?

I am currently 60 thousand dollars in debt from undergraduate and plan to be another 60 thousand in debt after getting my DPT. I believe it will be worth making 65 thousand dollars a year compared to 35 to 40 with just my bachelors.

If you can tell me my chances, or from your experiences what got you in PT school, please share.

Thank You

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. crockdub

Other Health Professions Student

If it were me, I would apply to more than just that school. It's possible to get in, but from what I've heard most go heavily by prerequisite grades and the last 60 units overall. If you can pull off A's in the remaining classes that would help. If you don't get in the first time, maybe try retaking a few of the prereqs.

As for the football thing, if your school requires an essay, I would put that in there and state how it has taught you leadership, teamwork, if you helped others improv etc. I was in the military and I emphasized that pretty hard in my essays and it seemed to help.

4. Danae00

Danae00 Away from Boards...

#3 Danae00, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 10, 2010