Acceptance Notices

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frank101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how the different optometry schools give rejection/acceptance notices? In particular, do most schools send a rejection by e-mail and an acceptance by mail? I interviewed a week ago and they said it would take a week to two weeks to get a response. Does anybody know how I might get that response? I interviewed at PUCO and have and ICO interview on the 2nd.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. For ICO and PUCO I got a phone call and the acceptance letters came in the mail later. SCCO emailed my acceptance letter. I don't know how they notify you if you aren't accepted, but I would think it would be the same either way.

Good Luck!

How long did it take for you to receive your phone call from ICO and PUCO?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for you to receive your phone call from ICO and PUCO?

I interviewed at PUCO on a Friday in December and they called me the following Thursday with the info. The letter came in the mail the next week.

That's not good news then. I interviewed last friday (13th) and have yet to hear anything. I would have gotten a call on thursday if I was in right?

That's not good news then. I interviewed last friday (13th) and have yet to hear anything. I would have gotten a call on thursday if I was in right?

I don't know if that was typical or if they just happened to have a meeting scheduled the following week. I wouldn't consider it bad news unless everyone had the same experience.

If you haven't heard by phone then it's probably the alternate list or rejection. With the alternate list, they will send you information on what to do next via mail.

Well that sucks. I thought the interview went really well. I suppose there is always next year. Thanks guys for the information.

Didn't the school brief you on when you should hear back?
For ICO, they have meetings every two weeks on Thursdays. You then receive snail mail after they have reviewed your file. So technically, it can take two and a half weeks to hear back. You can always call them though for an update.