Acceptance post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atlas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you that have been accepted to an international medical school, please post your responses to the following:

1.)Undergraduate school
2.)Medical School(s) accepted to
3.)GPA
4.)MCAT
5.)Extra-curriculars
6.)Medical school you're going to attend

I'd like to hear from all of you who've had success gaining admission to a medical school. Please post so others reading this can have a foundation or ray of hope for admission when applying abroad.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted into the three medical schools in Ireland...

1. McGill University(went to 12 other schools before McGill in 3 countries... and attended french-only schools for 6 years)
2. UCD, Trinity, RCSI
3. 3.5
4. 35
5. a ****load... Floorfellow in residences(R.A.), McGill DriveSafe Exec, dozens of committees, Ultimate Frisbee, intramural sports, hospital stuff...
6. haven't decided yet...

but need help deciding..so please share info if available.

this is interesting....bump bump bump~~

(i'm applying to mcgill as a u.s. citizen and i reeeeeeeallly want to go there, so i'd love to know answers on this)

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Case Western Reserve University (cleveland, OH)
2. Trinity (withdrew from RCSI, status of Aussie application unknown)
3 3.70
4. not as good as a 35! :)
5. Rowing, Research Assistant with publications/scholarship, tutoring for AOL(volunteer) and mentoring for Upward Bound, campus newspaper, various national classics societies (as in dead languages), various honor societies, music stuff
6. Trinity (most likely) or Univ. of Melbourne if I get accepted.

Is there anyone out there who got into the Irish schools w/out having written the MCATs??

I haven't written them, and am applying to the undergrad programs --- I'd really like to know how successful others in this situation have been....

:D cheers

Interesting thread. Should be VERY useful for lots of people out there. bump for you guys.

Got into UCD 5 year program without the MCAT...