acceptance rescinded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwaway1234567

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if my acceptance can be rescinded for this? 6-7 years ago I got a DUI which was later reduced to a reckless driving charge. On AMCAS I specified this as a reckless driving since it asks about convictions. I just got my background report which shows the arrest for this but not that it was reduced. The acceptance email said that my acceptance was only conditional depending on the results of the background check. Pretty much in full panic mode. I tried calling the school but they closed before I could but I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

All acceptances are conditional.
They knew about this when they accepted you.
Touch base with them to ease your mind.
What i'm concerned about is that I just listed on amcas that I got charged with reckless driving and the courses taken after this, but didn't think I needed to include anything about the DUI since it was reduced. I'm worried it will look like I was covering it up, when I was just answering what the conviction was. I'm definitely going to contact them tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if my acceptance can be rescinded for this? 6-7 years ago I got a DUI which was later reduced to a reckless driving charge. On AMCAS I specified this as a reckless driving since it asks about convictions. I just got my background report which shows the arrest for this but not that it was reduced. The acceptance email said that my acceptance was only conditional depending on the results of the background check. Pretty much in full panic mode. I tried calling the school but they closed before I could but I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Every time we see a reckless driving we assume it's a reduced DUI.

Reactions: 6 users
Every time we see a reckless driving we assume it's a reduced DUI.
Well that pretty much took my panic levels down about 50%. Still going to call tomorrow and double check everything with them but thank you for this.

Reactions: 1 user
I know people who have MIP's and possessions charges that are in medical school. Be honest, and everything will probably be alright.

How is your budget? I think in this situation it would be best to have a lawyer contact Certiphi. They will make sure your background check has the most up to date and accurate information.

Edit: Looks like others have given you good advice. It shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes background checks give old information. For example, they may have run one on you in the past, and saved that information; later you had something expunged, but the new background check shows the expunged charge, because they are using old info, you can have your lawyer contact them and send them the documentation necessary to update the information to be as accurate as possible.

Last edited: