Acceptance Stats for Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nervous Pre-Pod

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread from last year was probably the most informative/helpful thread that I read. I thought it would be nice if we had a similar thread for this year to help out everyone applying in next years cycle!

1. cGPA sGPA
2. MCAT
3. ECs
4. Schools applied to
5. Acceptances+ scholarships

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
This thread from last year was probably the most informative/helpful thread that I read. I thought it would be nice if we had a similar thread for this year to help out everyone applying in next years cycle!

1. cGPA sGPA
2. MCAT
3. ECs
4. Schools applied to
1. 3.55/3.4
2. 498. 124 in all 3 except a 126 in physical sciences
3. Tons of hours working as a medical assistant, CNA, and dental assistant. Tons of hours volunteering as a spanish tutor, in the ER, with special needs programs, in pre-medical societies, with medical mission trips to mexico, and with church volunteer positions
4. AZPod, DMU, Scholl, Western
5. Got accepted to AZPod first so canceled my Scholl and Western interviews. Then got accepted to DMU with a $5000 scholarship, renewable with the maintenance of a 3.0 GPA

I will be attending Midwestern!

Reactions: 9 users
1. 3.55/3.4
2. 498. 124 in all 3 except a 126 in physical sciences
3. Tons of hours working as a medical assistant, CNA, and dental assistant. Tons of hours volunteering as a spanish tutor, in the ER, with special needs programs, in pre-medical societies, with medical mission trips to mexico, and with church volunteer positions
4. AZPod, DMU, Scholl, Western
5. Got accepted to AZPod first so canceled my Scholl and Western interviews. Then got accepted to DMU with a $5000 scholarship, renewable with the maintenance of a 3.0 GPA

I will be attending Midwestern!
How will you be attending Midwestern if you cancelled interview there and were accepted at DMU and AZPOD?

Members don't see this ad :)
1. cGPA 3.1 sGPA 2.9
Completed an SMP with science-heavy courses. gGPA was 3.4/3.5 or something.
2. MCAT 497
3. Hospital and nursing home volunteering, went to New Orleans with a school organization to assist Katrina victims, volunteering in children’s ministry at church, MD shadowing, shadowed 2 DPMs with surgery observation, >1500 scribing
4. Applied to all 9 (withdrew from Westeran early, however). II to the remaining 8. Went to interviews at AZPOD, Kent, Scholl, and DMU.
5. Waitlisted at AZPOD. Accepted at Kent, Scholl (with scholarship), and DMU (with scholarship).

Deposit paid for DMU!
do you mind sharing scholarships ?

1. cGPA 3.1 sGPA 2.9
Completed an SMP with science-heavy courses. gGPA was 3.4/3.5 or something.
2. MCAT 497
3. Hospital and nursing home volunteering, went to New Orleans with a school organization to assist Katrina victims, volunteering in children’s ministry at church, MD shadowing, shadowed 2 DPMs with surgery observation, >1500 scribing
4. Applied to all 9 (withdrew from Western early, however). II to the remaining 8. Went to interviews at AZPOD, Kent, Scholl, and DMU.
5. Waitlisted at AZPOD. Accepted at Kent, Scholl (with scholarship), and DMU (with scholarship).

Deposit paid for DMU!

So happy for you! :) :) :) Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
1. cGPA: 3.64, sGPA: 3.46
2. MCAT: 502
3. ECs: Worked in physical therapy clinic, organized health screenings and foot clinic at homeless local shelters, 40+ hours of pod shadowing, volunteered for elementary school meal preparation program, served as religious missionary, working as pre-medical/pre-podiatry mentor at undergrad school, working as math and science tutor.
4. Schools applied to: Applied to all nine.
5. Acceptances + scholarships: Interviewed at AZPOD and DMU. Accepted to both. $6,000 scholarship to DMU, renewable upon maintenance of 3.0 GPA. Cancelled rest of interviews. Will attend DMU!

Reactions: 8 users
1. cGPA 3.47 sGPA 3.32
2. MCAT 497
3. Senior research thesis, CNA/MT/Scribe experience, shadowed pod for 6 weeks
4. AZPod/DMU/Scholl/Western
5. Accepted at AZPod/DMU canceled others.

Going to AZPod :)
I had to double check and make sure this wasnt my own post.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone on their acceptances and scholarships.

1. cGPA 3.69 sGPA 3.63
2. MCAT 497
3. ECs - 5+ years of bioinformatic virus research, presented at 9 conferences across US, published in Bioinformation, 2+ years as a General & Organic chem lab mentor
4. Schools applied to - Scholl, Kent, NY, Barry, Temple, DMU
5. Acceptances+ scholarships - Interviewed at Barry (waiting to hear back), Scholl (accepted w/ half tuition scholarship), and Temple (accepted w/ $8,000 scholarship). Received invites from other 3, but decided not to attend. Waiting to hear back from Barry before I make a decision.

Thanks to all of those on these forums who provide useful information in a very positive manner, I can't thank you enough.

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to everyone on their acceptances and scholarships.

1. cGPA 3.69 sGPA 3.63
2. MCAT 497
3. ECs - 5+ years of bioinformatic virus research, presented at 9 conferences across US, published in Bioinformation, 2+ years as a General & Organic chem lab mentor
4. Schools applied to - Scholl, Kent, NY, Barry, Temple, DMU
5. Acceptances+ scholarships - Interviewed at Barry (waiting to hear back), Scholl (accepted w/ half tuition scholarship), and Temple (accepted w/ $8,000 scholarship). Received invites from other 3, but decided not to attend. Waiting to hear back from Barry before I make a decision.

Thanks to all of those on these forums who provide useful information in a very positive manner, I can't thank you enough.
Half tuition for Scholl? wow, I thought 10,000 was the max. That is awesome

1. cGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.3
2. MCAT: 500
3. ECs: shadowing a DPM, Internal med, and orthopedic surgeon, research intern and published papers, volunteering at hospitals abroad, community service, Biology TA and tutor, STEM instructor and volunteer, ambassador for my undergrad campus...
4. Schools applied to: All
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Got interview invites to all. Interviewed at Kent, TUSPM, and NYCPM. So far accepted at Kent and Temple with scholarships at both. Still have to hear back from NYCPM but I'm accepting TUSPM!!!

(Im trying to make a TUSPM Class of 2022 FB group and I need one more person to be an admin with me. If any accepted student in the TUSPM Class of 2022 is interested and wants to join just PM me!! thanks!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
1. cGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.3
2. MCAT: 500
3. ECs: shadowing a DPM, Internal med, and orthopedic surgeon, research intern and published papers, volunteering at hospitals abroad, community service, Biology TA and tutor, STEM instructor and volunteer, ambassador for my undergrad campus...
4. Schools applied to: All
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Got interview invites to all. Interviewed at Kent, TUSPM, and NYCPM. So far accepted at Kent and Temple with scholarships at both. Still have to hear back from NYCPM but I'm accepting TUSPM!!!

(Im trying to make a TUSPM Class of 2022 FB group and I need one more person to be an admin with me. If any accepted student in the TUSPM Class of 2022 is interested and wants to join just PM me!! thanks!!)
I'll see you at Temple next year! And I apologize as I do not use FB lol

Reactions: 1 users
I'll see you at Temple next year! And I apologize as I do not use FB lol

I suggest you create a Facebook account, real or fake. Many resources are shared (from your classmates and upper termers) on these pages that will help you in classes and your career in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I suggest you create a Facebook account, real or fake. Many resources are shared (from your classmates and upper termers) on these pages that will help you in classes and your career in general.
Not to mention its 2017 haha

We should also do a FB page for anyone in the class of 2022. Just a generic one across all the schools. Itd probably be a good way to network, make connections, and probably a great resource for help

Reactions: 3 users
I meant one big group for anyone in the class of 2022 in any of the schools so that we can all network and help each other out
Oh i see. Yeah I guess we can. If you want to make a group one ill be your other admin? If you need one

We should also do a FB page for anyone in the class of 2022. Just a generic one across all the schools. Itd probably be a good way to network, make connections, and probably a great resource for help

I like this idea :)

I need one more person in order to make the group. So if someone wants to make it with me?

Smh after being off of Facebook for 6 years I gotta make one... pray for me

1. 3.55/3.44
2. 495
3. research assistant, student ambassador, biology tutor/TA, nursing assistant, lots of podiatry shadowing hours, podiatry summer internship
4. Temple, Kent, NYCPM, Barry, DMU, WesternU (interview invites to all, interviewed at Kent and Temple)
5. Accepted to both with scholarships

Temple 2022!

1. 3.55/3.44
2. 495
3. research assistant, student ambassador, biology tutor/TA, nursing assistant, lots of podiatry shadowing hours, podiatry summer internship
4. Temple, Kent, NYCPM, Barry, DMU, WesternU (interview invites to all, interviewed at Kent and Temple)
5. Accepted to both with scholarships

Temple 2022!
Congrats! Be sure to join the fb page

1. cGPA: ~3.5 sGPA: ~3.6
3. Thousands of hours volunteering in non-clinical and clinical. More than 10 years in leadership. Hundreds of hours shadowing. Work daily with surgeons, DPMs, PAs etc. My leadership roles and daily experiences with DPMs came up the most in my interviews.
4. All 9 but withdrew from all except Temple, Scholl, Barry, DMU, and Kent.
5. DMU, Kent, Scholl, Barry with >~$10k per year scholarship. After researching and interviewing at Kent much later than the other schools, I've decided to attend Kent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
1. cGPA:3.4 sGPA 3.0 ish
2. Mcat 494 (126/120/126/122) but got 123 on CARS on a previous test.. Idk if that had an effect or not
3. Thousands of hours of as personal trainer... Good LORs from shadowing (70-80 hours).. Shadowed MD also. Tons of leadership roles in undergrad, scholarships, research rewards, among other things that I don't feel like listing lol
4. DMU, Scholl, Barry, Temple, Kent. Invited to all.
5. Scholl + DMU scholarship. Waitlisted at Temple with a condition (will elaborate after). Put down my deposit for Scholl.

My experience in hopes that it will help people in the future:
Temple: I don't want to sound biased or discredit the school but honestly if you aren't from the philly/NYC area I have no Idea why on earth anyone would prefer TUSPM over say DMU and Scholl. The facilities aren't even a comparison and the overall quality going from my Temple interview to the other were just astonishing to me. Dave Martin does a pretty good job at convincing you Philly is a decent city, but a terrible job explaining what Temple has to offer over the other schools besides clinical experience. The interviewer seemed completely uninterested in me and just wanted to get it over with pretty much. Anyway, to each his own.

DMU vs. Scholl: probably the hardest decision Ive ever made. I ultimately picked Scholl for the instate clinical/residency opportunities that Iowa cannot offer. They both feel so high quality and nice to be at, safe and pretty isolated campuses. I felt a lot more friendliness among students at Scholl with the diversity and what not. At DMU everyone was just eating and staring at the interviewees for the most part and didn't really seem that friendly. Just got a better overall feel and that my experience at Scholl would go by faster and more pleasant than at DMU. But they are both so clean, new, well kept, and up to date.

Just my opinion and if you chose Temple more power to you, but Im very glad I interviewed at these 3 schools. Also, interviewing literally made my top picks go to my last pick and my last pick being scholl to my first pick. Do not base your choices majorly on where you are from or what's closest. Choose what's best for you and your future.

Reactions: 9 users
Also, interviewing literally made my top picks go to my last pick and my last pick being scholl to my first pick. Do not base your choices majorly on where you are from or what's closest. Choose what's best for you and your future.
For current and future applicants.

Certainly happened to me and many others last cycle.

Temple: I don't want to sound biased or discredit the school but honestly if you aren't from the philly/NYC area I have no Idea why on earth anyone would prefer TUSPM over say DMU and Scholl. The facilities aren't even a comparison and the overall quality going from my Temple interview to the other were just astonishing to me. Dave Martin does a pretty good job at convincing you Philly is a decent city, but a terrible job explaining what Temple has to offer over the other schools besides clinical experience. The interviewer seemed completely uninterested in me and just wanted to get it over with pretty much. Anyway, to each his own.
Just to add a little more perspective on this... I chose Temple over Scholl because at the end of the day I see first 2 years of academics the same anywhere, some just boast higher board scores than others. Clinicals were huge to me, as opposed to research which is what Scholl seems to focus heavily on. Also, a lot of people that choose Temple or NYCPM over other schools are usually from the east coast and want to stay here for residency.

The pod I shadowed that was chief resident 2 years ago, and has been finished over a year now (from Samuel Merritt) explained the process to me. I am almost 100% more likely to land the clerkships/residencies I want back home in MA by going to Temple as opposed to Scholl/DMU/AZPOD (connections are huge). This was most important to me, and I could tell that was probably the biggest factor in the other three students I was interviewing with as well.

Not trying to start a fire, just explaining why people would choose NYCPM or Temple over the others.

Reactions: 3 users
Just to add a little more perspective on this... I chose Temple over Scholl because at the end of the day I see first 2 years of academics the same anywhere, some just boast higher board scores than others. Clinicals were huge to me, as opposed to research which is what Scholl seems to focus heavily on. Also, a lot of people that choose Temple or NYCPM over other schools are usually from the east coast and want to stay here for residency.

The pod I shadowed that was chief resident 2 years ago, and has been finished over a year now (from Samuel Merritt) explained the process to me. I am almost 100% more likely to land the clerkships/residencies I want back home in MA by going to Temple as opposed to Scholl/DMU/AZPOD (connections are huge). This was most important to me, and I could tell that was probably the biggest factor in the other three students I was interviewing with as well.

Not trying to start a fire, just explaining why people would choose NYCPM or Temple over the others.
This is exactly why I chose Temple. Clinical experience and staying on the east coast. I know not all the facilities are great, but I feel like they put money where it was needed (like the new simulation center and anatomy lab). Also, there are plenty of externship and residency opportunities. The students were really nice and I enjoyed talking to them. For some people, the facilities are a big turn off, and for others, things like clinicals and experience are more important. I also love Philly lol. I guess it just comes down to where you see yourself going and what you think will help you succeed. Honestly, you're going to get a good education no matter where you go, so just pick the place that feels right to you. And congrats to everyone that's accepted! :)

This is exactly why I chose Temple. Clinical experience and staying on the east coast. I know not all the facilities are great, but I feel like they put money where it was needed (like the new simulation center and anatomy lab). Also, there are plenty of externship and residency opportunities. The students were really nice and I enjoyed talking to them. For some people, the facilities are a big turn off, and for others, things like clinicals and experience are more important. I also love Philly lol. I guess it just comes down to where you see yourself going and what you think will help you succeed. Honestly, you're going to get a good education no matter where you go, so just pick the place that feels right to you. And congrats to everyone that's accepted! :)

At the end of the day though DMU and Scholl supposedly have less "clinical experience" but have better match rates. Your clinical experience for your actual career, you will want to travel for atleast some externships and get your real training during residency. So I don't feel it is as big of a deal as they emphasize it, it's really just a selling point IMO. I'd much rather have the nicer school.

Edit: it's not like you're going to do much clinicals 3rd and 4th at Temple itself. You'll atleast be in the hospitals actually around Temple. Also, if you want a residency out of state you NEED to do your clinicals or atleast one of the rotations at that residency. So to me it doesn't make much sense.

Last edited:

1. cGPA sGPA
2. MCAT
3. ECs
4. Schools applied to

1) 3.3, 2.86
2) 508
3) Lots of Special Olympics volunteering. 25ish hours volunteering at mental hospital. 20ish hours shadowing.
4) Applied to Western, AZPOD, DMU, Kent State, Barry, CSPM (II's from all besides AZPOD. Put on a waitlist for an interview at AZPOD). Interviewed at Western and DMU. Cancelled all others.
5) Accepted + Scholarship at DMU and Western. (Western scholarship was one year. DMU was renewable with 3.0 GPA)

Going to put down my deposit at DMU!

1. 3.5 3.4
2. 497
3. Lots of shadowing and clinical voulnteer experince, multple leadership positions, 2 research projects, and study abroad
4. Applied to all 9, interviewed at Barry, Azpod, and Kent.
5. Accepted to Azpod and Barry (with scholarship)
Super impressed wiith all the pod schools and they're all great! Most likely will be putting down my deposit for azpod pretty soon.
Get rid of all your winter clothing. You won't need it at all haha it is currently 82 degrees

Ha! Coming from Texas, I have no winter clothing. The no humidity will be nice tho

I'm the opposite of you-- I have no summer clothing; going from a state that rarely ever sees 70 degrees going to Miami. Good excuse to go shopping though Congrats on your acceptances!

1. 3.4/3.2..masters GPA 3.5
2. 494
3. President/co-founder of pedes club in undergrad, hundreds of shadowing hours with DO,MD, DPM, pharm tech +4 years, masters in pharmacology and toxicology, youth group leader, volunteer at free clinic
4. Applied to 4 schools: Kent, Scholl, Temple, NYCPM. Interview invites to all
5. Only interviewed and accepted to Kent & Scholl with scholarships to both. Really thought I was going to end up at Kent, but my decision quickly changed after interviewing at Scholl and was blown away. Will be attending Scholl :)!

1. 3.4/3.2..masters GPA 3.5
2. 494
3. President/co-founder of pedes club in undergrad, hundreds of shadowing hours with DO,MD, DPM, pharm tech +4 years, masters in pharmacology and toxicology, youth group leader, volunteer at free clinic
4. Applied to 4 schools: Kent, Scholl, Temple, NYCPM. Interview invites to all
5. Only interviewed and accepted to Kent & Scholl with scholarships to both. Really thought I was going to end up at Kent, but my decision quickly changed after interviewing at Scholl and was blown away. Will be attending Scholl :)!
Scholl is great school.

1. cGPA: 3.3; sGPA: 3.2
  2. MCAT: 494
  3. CNA at nursing home, nurse tech in resource department at hospital, hospice volunteer, clean water research in Ecuador, medical missions in Nepal, missionary work in South Africa, social events team coordinator, volleyball coach, lots of podiatric shadowing hours
  4. Applied to all; interviews offered at all; went to Temple, Kent, NYCPM, AZPOD, Scholl
  5. Accepted at all but AZPOD (waitlisted); scholarships to all of the accepted
I'll be attending Scholl !

1. cGPA: 3.3; sGPA: 3.2
  2. MCAT: 494
  3. CNA at nursing home, nurse tech in resource department at hospital, hospice volunteer, clean water research in Ecuador, medical missions in Nepal, missionary work in South Africa, social events team coordinator, volleyball coach, lots of podiatric shadowing hours
  4. Applied to all; interviews offered at all; went to Temple, Kent, NYCPM, AZPOD, Scholl
  5. Accepted at all but AZPOD (waitlisted); scholarships to all of the accepted
I'll be attending Scholl !
See ya there :) join the 2022 fb group

I need one of you to make it with me, need a minimum of 2 to start a group

you guys can go ahead and make one right now if you'd like. I would personally recommend holding off though because the school makes an official fb page for your class around Jan-Feb. If you guys don't wanna wait you can go ahead and make an unofficial one.