Acceptance Stats for Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lakerlover93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. CGPA 3.74, SGPA 3.6
2. Mcat 485
3. 25 hours of shadowing, 3000 hours of patient care hours, 2 years of volunteer church mission, fluent in Spanish
4. I applied to Scholls, CSPM, Barry, Kent, DMU, and Western.
5. Accepted to CSPM and Barry ($5K scholarship) and I am 80% sure that I will be attending CSPM.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for making this, and congrats!! What was the deciding factor between the 2?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for making this, and congrats!! What was the deciding factor between the 2?

My wife is from the Oakland area and has lots of friends and family in the area. I was very impressed with the student run clinic at Samuel Merritt and their great residency placement.

Both schools have great programs and either one would help make me a great podiatrist. However the four years would be easier for my family if we were close to loved ones so that's the main reason for choosing to go to Oakland.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get interview invites only from Barry and CSPM? Or you just canceled other interview invites?

I also received an invite to Kent St, but I chose not to attend their interview since I was impressed by both Barry and CSPM. I was rejected from Western, and I did not ever hear back from DMU or Scholls.

Reactions: 1 users
I also received an invite to Kent St, but I chose not to attend their interview since I was impressed by both Barry and CSPM. I was rejected from Western, and I did not ever hear back from DMU or Scholls.
In reference to not hearing back from DMU or Sholl: as in you applied through AACPMAS and never heard anything from them or as in you were granted access to portals etc, your app went before admission committee and you then never heard back from them?

cGPA: 3.685; sGPA: 3.55
MCAT: 496
2+ years ED scribe, 100+ hrs of shadowing a podiatrist, 4 different research projects (1 publication), interning at a cardiac rehab center and physical therapy clinic, volunteering at church, learning assistant/tutor in undergrad, leadership positions for extracurricular in undergrad.
Applied to NYCPM, Kent and Western and received interview invites for all, but declined Kent and Western
Accepted to NYCPM last week for their January 2019 program (class of 2023) and will be attending! Offered 8k/yr merit-based scholarship.

Currently I'm trying to look for housing in NYC. Is there a NYCPM housing Facebook group?

Currently I'm trying to look for housing in NYC. Is there a NYCPM housing Facebook group?

Congratulations on NYCPM! I do not know if there is a housing Fb group specifically for NYCPM, but I am going to link you to a group I used to find housing when I lived there. I lived 8 streets north of NYCPM and enjoyed living in Harlem; I had no safety issues for the most part and felt comfortable walking around the neighborhood. In NYC, most people do not really sign a lease until a month before desired move-in date, so that gives you plenty of time to find potential roommates, ask upperclassmen, and get more opinions on where to live and such.

NYC Sublets & Apartments

Congratulations on NYCPM! I do not know if there is a housing Fb group specifically for NYCPM, but I am going to link you to a group I used to find housing when I lived there. I lived 8 streets north of NYCPM and enjoyed living in Harlem; I had no safety issues for the most part and felt comfortable walking around the neighborhood. In NYC, most people do not really sign a lease until a month before desired move-in date, so that gives you plenty of time to find potential roommates, ask upperclassmen, and get more opinions on where to live and such.

Thank you so much! Definitely planning on emailing some of the students I met at NYCPM!

1. 3.46 cGPA, 3.22sGPA
2. MCAT - 489
3. 60+ hours of shadowing, 2 years of lab and field research, nursing home ministry, ncaa xc and track, thru-hiked the pacific crest trail, biology lab assistant for 3 years, and probably other EC im missing.
4. Applied to MWU, Kent, DMU, and Western. II to all except MWU, I was wait listed at MWU
5. Only attending Kent interview. Accepted and will be attending there!

1. 3.05 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA
2. MCAT 504
3. 40+ hour pod shadowing,100+ volunteering, 3 years of lab, medical scribe, dancer, etc.
4. Applied to 8 minus Western. Turned down invites for DMU, MWU, CSPM, and NYCPM.
5. Accepted Barry (15k), Temple (11k), Kent (5k) Scholl (7k)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
1. 3.46 cGPA, 3.22sGPA
2. MCAT - 489
3. 60+ hours of shadowing, 2 years of lab and field research, nursing home ministry, ncaa xc and track, thru-hiked the pacific crest trail, biology lab assistant for 3 years, and probably other EC im missing.
4. Applied to MWU, Kent, DMU, and Western. II to all except MWU, I was wait listed at MWU
Congats!! Cant believe you were able to do the PCT how long did it take you?

Members don't see this ad :)
1. 3.46 cGPA, 3.22sGPA
2. MCAT - 489
Congrats.

In reference to not hearing back from DMU or Sholl: as in you applied through AACPMAS and never heard anything from them or as in you were granted access to portals etc, your app went before admission committee and you then never heard back from them?

So I applied via AACPMAS and did not hear anything back from either school. Then I called both schools to follow up with my application. They informed me that my Mcat score needed to be verified first so I had to call a 617 number to get that squared away..then DMU sent me an II and I went to their school this past Friday. Very nice school! If accepted, I will be torn between DMU and CSPM

1. 3.67cGPA, 3.8sGPA
2. MCAT 493
3. 80+ hours of shadowing, 2 years of lab research, 5 years as a pedicurist and also worked as a barista and waitress. Played school ultimate frisbee and cofounded a medical organization during undergrad etc.
4. Applied to NYCPM, Barry, MWU, and Kent
5. Got II to all 4 schools. Cancelled Kent
6. Got accepted to Barry (10k scholarship) and MWU. Still Waiting on NYCPM
7. Still unsure where to attend but 55% MWU due to family and friends near the area
Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Those that have heard back from DMU, how long did it take? With DMU being my top option, I would rather not fly out to other interviews if I am accepted but do not want to cancel interviews until I know for certain.

1. 3.67cGPA, 3.8sGPA
2. MCAT 493
3. 80+ hours of shadowing, 2 years of lab research, 5 years as a pedicurist and also worked as a barista and waitress. Played school ultimate frisbee and cofounded a medical organization during undergrad etc.
4. Applied to NYCPM, Barry, MWU, and Kent
5. Got II to all 4 schools. Cancelled Kent
6. Got accepted to Barry (10k scholarship) and MWU. Still Waiting on NYCPM
7. Still unsure where to attend but 55% MWU due to family and friends near the area
Congrats!

Those that have heard back from DMU, how long did it take? With DMU being my top option, I would rather not fly out to other interviews if I am accepted but do not want to cancel interviews until I know for certain.
7 business days until I was accepted

Congats!! Cant believe you were able to do the PCT how long did it take you?

I was planning to do it over the course of a single summer, but things didn't work out with 2017 being a massive snow year. So I only did half of it then and finished it this past summer. 107 days total.

Hi everyone, does anyone who interviewed at WesternU know what the turn around is on an admissions decision? How long did it take them to contact you? I'm curious because it's my first choice.

Thanks!

Did you get your scholarship amount in the initial acceptance email from Temple or was it in the letter sent by mail?

1. 3.05 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA
2. MCAT 504
3. 40+ hour volunteering, 3 years of lab, medical scribe, dancer, etc.
4. Applied to 8 minus Western. Turned down invites for DMU, MWU, CSPM, and NYCPM.
5. Accepted Barry (15k), Temple (11k), Kent (5k), and waiting on Scholl

Unclear where I want to go as of now
Did you get your scholarship amount in the initial acceptance email from Temple or was it in the letter sent by mail?

1= 3.5cGPA, 3.3 sGPA
2= MCAT 502
3= 1000 health care hours, 40 hours shadowing a podiatrist, college basketball athlete, 400 volunteer hours.
4= Applied to AZpod, DMU, Scholls, and Temple
5= interviewed at DMU and Temple. Accepted to both. DMU offered a $5,000 scholarship and Temple offered me a $14,000 scholarship.

Just paid my seat deposit for Temple! Super pumped to be apart of the community there in Philadelphia next fall.

Reactions: 6 users
1. CGPA 3.74, SGPA 3.6
2. Mcat 485
3. 25 hours of shadowing, 3000 hours of patient care hours, 2 years of volunteer church mission, fluent in Spanish
4. I applied to Scholls, CSPM, Barry, Kent, DMU, and Western.
5. Accepted to CSPM and Barry ($5K scholarship) and I am 80% sure that I will be attending CSPM.

I recently interviewed at DMU and was accepted there with no scholarship. I have decided to attend Samuel Merritt! Can't wait to start school next fall!

Reactions: 7 users
ayou002, do you know where you want to go? Is WesternU a top choice for you? Have you interviewed anywhere else?

1. cGPA: 3.24 sGPA: 3.01
2. MCAT: 498
3. 4 years in volunteer org, 2 years of shadowing, 1 year of research, etc.
4. Applied to all 9, got invited to all 9. Cancelled interviews to Temple, Kent, Scholls, and NYCPM
5. Accepted to: CSPM ($5k scholarship), AZPod, Western, DMU ($4k scholarship), Barry ($5k scholarship)

Debating between CSPM and Western.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm a first year at CSPM if you need any help on choosing.

1. cGPA: 3.24 sGPA: 3.01
2. MCAT: 498
3. 4 years in volunteer org, 2 years of shadowing, 1 year of research, etc.
4. Applied to all 9, got invited to all 9. Cancelled interviews to Temple, Kent, Scholls, and NYCPM
5. Accepted to: CSPM ($5k scholarship), AZPod, Western, DMU ($4k scholarship), Barry ($5k scholarship)

Debating between CSPM and Western.

1. cGPA:3.7, sGPA: 3.52
2. MCAT: 494 (unbalanced: 122/125/121/126)
3. 300+ hours volunteering at horse clinic for physically and mentally disabled kids
4. Applied to Kent, Scholl, NYCPM, Temple, and Barry. Interview invites to all.
5. Accepted to NYCPM (Jan program). Canceled the other interviews. Scholl was second choice. Wanted to cut gap year short.

Will update with scholarship (if any). Just received acceptance today.

Anyone know when January Students can move in at NYCPM? I’m assuming after Christmas

1. cGPA:3.7, sGPA: 3.52
2. MCAT: 494 (unbalanced: 122/125/121/126)
3. 300+ hours volunteering at horse clinic for physically and mentally disabled kids
4. Applied to Kent, Scholl, NYCPM, Temple, and Barry. Interview invites to all.
5. Accepted to NYCPM (Jan program). Canceled the other interviews. Scholl was second choice. Wanted to cut gap year short.

Will update with scholarship (if any). Just received acceptance today.

Anyone know when January Students can move in at NYCPM? I’m assuming after Christmas

I'm so happy to see another NYCPM January student! Are you trying to do student housing?

I'm so happy to see another NYCPM January student! Are you trying to do student housing?

I’m sure we’ll see each other!:)

Heard it’s a very small class (before we join the September students)...though that’s good with me

That’s my plan at the moment. Minus the off chance I can find a place off campus for cheaper. Will know more when I get my financial package...just got the email

1. CGPA 3.53, SGPA 3.79
2. Mcat 491
3. 16 hours DPM shadowing, 40 hours DO shadowing, 160 healthcare (ER) hours, 200 volunteer hours, 4 years military.
4. I applied to CSPM
5. Accepted to CSPM ($5K scholarship) and will be attending.

1. CGPA 3.53, SGPA 3.79
2. Mcat 491
3. 16 hours DPM shadowing, 40 hours DO shadowing, 160 healthcare (ER) hours, 200 volunteer hours, 4 years military.
4. I applied to CSPM
5. Accepted to CSPM ($5K scholarship) and will be attending.
Congrats!

Sorry to spring this up on you, but did you receive your financial aid/scholarship with your acceptance letter? I just received my official acceptance but no financial aid package. Guessing I didn’t get anything xD

Sorry to spring this up on you, but did you receive your financial aid/scholarship with your acceptance letter? I just received my official acceptance but no financial aid package. Guessing I didn’t get anything xD

FA stuff usually rolls around mid Dec since for you class might start from the first week of Jan. Scholarship letters are usually sent after the acceptance letters if not with it.

Hey! I received an email regarding a merit-based scholarship 1 day after receiving an acceptance email. Then maybe 1 week later, I received an acceptance letter via traditional mail. Initially, I thought that the acceptance letter would include financial aid info, but it doesn't. You need to contact Eve, the director of financial aid, and she'll send you a bunch of paperwork regarding financial aid. If you have any questions about NYCPM financial aid, feel free to contact me because I just finished all that stuff and received my financial aid package!

Last edited:
So happy to finally post to this thread:
Stats: 3.20 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA post bacc. Averaged sGPA w/ undergrad sGPA: 3.12 sGPA. MCAT: 494 (123/123/123/125)
Experience : non trad psych, working at a foot & ankle clinic, years of research, no pub., medical missions and service work, bilingual, mentors in emerg med and pod, work in rural clinics, etc...
Applied: WesternU, DMU
Accepted/Scholarships: WesternU, DMU(13k).
Just accepted a seat at my top choice DMU with scholarships!! SO EXCITED!!! :)
Work hard and enjoy the ride.

Stats: 3.20 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA post bacc. Averaged sGPA w/ undergrad sGPA: 3.12 sGPA. MCAT: 494 (123/123/123/125)
Experience : non trad psych, working at a foot & ankle clinic, years of research, no pub., medical missions and service work, bilingual, mentors in emerg med and pod, work in rural clinics, etc...
Congrats!!

DMU gave you 13k? You impressed them. I heard max they gave was like 7k.

Congratulations!!!

Anyone commit to Kent yet? I recently had an interview there and I feel like I really liked the program and the area.

Did you ever hear back from DMU or Scholl?

Did you ever hear back from DMU or Scholl?

Yes, I was accepted to DMU with no scholarship. I actually never heard anything back from Scholls. So I assume that they didn't want me.

Yes, I was accepted to DMU with no scholarship. I actually never heard anything back from Scholls. So I assume that they didn't want me.
If you don't mind, can you msg me? I wasn't able to msg you. We have similar stats and I have some questions. Thanks.

Non-traditional Applicant

cGPA 2.6, sGPA 3.1 (Made Dean's list last two years of university. Was working 55+ hours full time while in school. I have to eat.)
MCAT 501 (124/122/127/128) (Had the jitters and messed up my physical portion which carried into CARS. Recuperated after the break and focused.)

Had no hours of shadowing a podiatrist. 7000hrs as OrthoTech/MA in hand&elbow surgery dept with lots of time with the surgical podiatrist and DM-care podiatrist. 6500hrs as a MA floating in outpatient clinic of hospital. 150hrs volunteering for celiac disease research at hospital. 200hrs malaria evolution research at university.

Applied: Scholls, CSPM, Western, NYCPM, DMU and AZPOD.
AZPOD immediately rejected me.
Interview offers: CSPM, NYCPM, DMU (so far...)
Turned down DMU.
Acceptance offers: CSPM, NYCPM
Still waiting on WesternU and Scholls for interviews. I'll probably turn down Scholls but will go to interviews for WesternU if offered.

Car you'd drift in if you had to face Tsuchiya?