acceptance to top school, rejected by lesser school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
students at the top schools basically get their choice at residencies = fact (thats how the system works, and will always work)
**To be more specific, i want to be an orthopaedic surgeon, which will be more realizable through some schools vs. others
Ah, another pre-med with an intricate understanding of the residency program directors' selection process.

M1 here, taking a break from finals studying. Just thought I'd add my opinion that if you have an excellent application the middle schools may reject you because they know you will go somewhere better. Happened to me and others I know, and to be honest it makes sense - they are busy people and don't need to be bothered with an extra interview. And though the rejection may sting in the short-term, in the long-term you'll get into a great school and you will have saved the time, effort and money of an extra interview.
Like Law2doc said, I doubt it.

Members don't see this ad.

Most if not all schools care about how well they think you'd fit. You might be completely academically qualified, but if you don't mesh with the school's goals and mission, they'll reject you. If you go to an interview at a mid ranked school acting like you're owed a seat just because of your stats, that's not going to go over well either.

At my school, perceived fit is very important. No one gets invited to interview here who isn't academically qualified, so that's a given. But if no sane human being could stand working with you in a PBL group, CCLCM isn't going to be one of the multitude of acceptances you're tacking on your wall even if you have perfect stats, pubs, etc.