Acceptances and Deposits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
2
Well now that I finally have an interview, I'm starting to think about acceptances! :rolleyes: I'm always ahead of myself . . .

So my question is how is everyone handling those huge deposits required by the schools? Am I misunderstanding something, or is it true that you have to drop anywhere from $1000-$3000 within 2 weeks of your acceptance? What if you get future interviews? Do you just lose that grand? That just seems like a really steap non-refundable deposit to hold your spot. Anyway, I'm just curious how others are handling it, and if maybe I'm not quite understanding the whole process. Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.
 

JohnDO

MS III
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2003
Messages
655
Reaction score
0
Earlier in the application season you had more time. I had from October to December for my KCOM deposit. But since it's late, most schools are wanting to wrap things up so they'll impose an earlier deadline.

You're interviewing at COMP right? I think they have two 1,000 deposits due within two weeks.

# those accepted prior to November 15 will have until December 14;

# those accepted between November 15 and January 14 will have 30 days;

# those accepted between January 15 and June 14 will have 14 days;

# those accepted on or after June 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit.

And indeed, it is non-refundable :( Your best bet is to try to schedule your top choice first (though you may not have that luxury).
 

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
2
JohnDO said:
Your best bet is to try to schedule your top choice first (though you may not have that luxury).
Luxury being the key word. COMP was quick to offer me an interview, but I'm pretty sure if I get more interviews it's going to be more like March-April time frame. Granted, maybe by the time I would be offered a position, I would have other interviews scheduled, so I could make an informed decision. COMP is my first choice, but by location only. I know there are better schools out there, so I would like to have all my options in front of me before dropping that big deposit. Site-unseen, I'm also interested in TUCOM-NV, AZCOM, and PCOM. We'll see. I don't have any more interviews yet, much less acceptances, so I guess I should take it one step at a time.
 
Top