Acceptances: Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VeganChick

Tufts University V'13
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Holy Cats, I can't believe it!

Ross University: VeganChick (USPS 11/29)

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS! That's awesome. Must feel good to have that in the mailbox!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
woooohoooo! Partaaaayyy! CONGRATS!!

I want to apply there but haven't gotten a chance to write the essay...hope i still have a chance for the august class:)

congrads!! Best of luck in the future!

Congratulations, VeganChick!! That's so exciting, hopefully this marks the start of a great thread!

woooohooooo!!!
congratulations!!!!

What a great thing to see once the boards came back up. Congratulations VeganChick. We already know you're great! I'm glad Ross agrees.

Who's next? Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't know me, but I have been a lurker here for quite awhile. Thought it might be time to post now, as I just received an offer for Murdoch Uni.

Sooooo excited!!!!!!!

Congrats Vegan!!!!! That is so exciting!:D

And good luck to all those who are eagerly awaiting the day they can add to the thread!!!:luck:

Congratulations VeganChick and Tuttley!

I can't wait till the day I get an acceptance letter in the mailbox. Mind you, I am going to have to apply first. Next year!

And good luck to everyone else! I hope all the rest of you SDNers get in too, especially those applying for their second+ time :xf:

Tuttley when are you joining us in the land down under??

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy Cats, I can't believe it!

WOOOHOOOOOOOO VeganChick!! What a fantastic pre-holiday gift! Congratulations!!!!
:claps::soexcited::clap::claps::soexcited::clap:

(Hmmm, do Pupsforseeing and I get to post our deferred acceptances in this thread?)

Congrats! I too was accepted by St. Matthews University on Tuesday! :)

Tuttley, TurtleLover and hopeful21 (is that right?) -

Post them in the thread! Just copy the list into an email, add your school alphabetically and your name; that way we can have a running list.

Congrats!!:clap:

St. Matthews University: TurtleLover (email 11/24)

I'm not sure I did that right. Did I? Or is it supposed to appear as the same message started? I don't really know how to work this thing, maybe you can try to tell me how to do it in more details?

YAY!!!! Congrats, VeganChick! I knew you'd get in! :D :soexcited:

So when are you starting? AKA, when can I start bombarding you and annoying you with advice? ;)

And of course, congrats to everyone else. :)

ha, yeah I thought I posted something right after Tuttley, but I don't know what happened to it...I didn't delete it..weird. haha oh well, congratulations anyway and I envy that you get to study in the Carib for 4 years:cool: (get the sunglasses out)

I'm posting for my roommate (I'm a pre-dent forum junkie)
She got into ROSS last week via phone call!!!

murff05 - YAY for your roommate! When is she starting? I just got accepted, too, for Sept. '09. You can have her PM me so we can freak out together!

Ross University: VeganChick (USPS 11/29), dreamvet (phone call 11/25 for May 09)

Congrats to those who've been accepted so far! :thumbup:

Also, I always seem to lose the acceptance thread from last year's cycle...can someone send me the link? :oops:

Thanks! Hah, time to procrastinate! XD

I just wanted to bump this thread up so that nobody would mistakenly post on the Acceptances: Class of 2012 thread.

Ross University: VeganChick (USPS 11/29), dreamvet (phone call 11/25 for May 09)

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP)

:biglove:

Congrats, veganchick!! Yay!! :hardy:

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP) hopefulvet21 (12/15 email, GEP)

Hey Zoonose, they gave me a conditional offer (I have to get at least a B in orgo lab I and vertebrate anatomy). I already know I got an A in orgo lab I and I am pretty confident I can get above a B in anatomy. But what struck me a little was that they said in the email "after reviewing your work record, we recommend that you gain additional experience in all areas before enrolling..." I mean, I know I don't have a ton of experience, but I have about 7-800 hours across three different areas of vet med and I feel like they sort of singled me out and I'm a bit discouraged :( I don't really want to go to Edinburgh anyway, but that definitely puts a damper on my spirit for chances at RVC and I fully expect to get completely rejected from US schools. I was just wondering if yours said anything similar or you were given a conditional offer too?

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP) hopefulvet21 (12/15 email, GEP), dollyyllama (12/15 email, 5-year)

I'm excited, of course, but not sure why it's the 5-year program. i hold a biology degree. does anyone know why that would happen? i'm afraid that 5 years of tuition might put it out of reach for me.

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP) hopefulvet21 (12/15 email, GEP), dollyyllama (12/15 email, 5-year), WildAtHeart (12/15 email, GEP)!

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP) hopefulvet21 (12/15 email, GEP), dollyyllama (12/15 email, 5-year)

I'm excited, of course, but not sure why it's the 5-year program. i hold a biology degree. does anyone know why that would happen? i'm afraid that 5 years of tuition might put it out of reach for me.

Hey, my best educated guess is that it is pretty much based on your grades alone (not acceptance to the overrall school, but to get into the GEP) I say that because I still got into the GEP, and like I said above, they sort of commented that I should get more experience, but my grades are still pretty high. Just a thought. And to everyone who was just accepted there, I visited the school this year and it was pretty nice. I also had the pleasure of going out with a bunch of 2nd year GEP students because I have a friend attending there. They were so much fun! I couldn't keep up with them, I guess they need to drink off all that stress on the weekend- and Scotland is certainly not lacking in lots of pubs to drink at. I think I am considering Edinburgh just because I had so much fun that weekend!

But what struck me a little was that they said in the email "after reviewing your work record, we recommend that you gain additional experience in all areas before enrolling..." I mean, I know I don't have a tonof experience, but I have about 7-800 hours across three different areas of vet med and I feel like they sort of singled me out and I'm a bit discouraged :(

hey hopeful. I wouldn't stress too much about the experience. UoE doesn't really emphasize experience for acceptance (it's odd that they put that comment into your letter). Trust me when I say that a lot of students, even in the GEP, have not seen much practice. And, if you don't get into other schools you can have a review of your application portfolio to find out what is missing. Experience is the easiest thing to make up (aquire, not invent) and you can always try again the following year. Many people have to apply 2 or 3 times before getting into vet school, so don't give up hope!

ohio called me right after the interview!!!! hopefully they dont change their mindThe Ohio State University: Susie Waits (phone call 12/15, OOS),

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP) hopefulvet21 (12/15 email, GEP), dollyyllama (12/15 email, 5-year), WildAtHeart (12/15 email, GEP), Susie Waits (12/15, email)

ohio called me right after the interview!!!! hopefully they dont change their mindThe Ohio State University: Susie Waits (phone call 12/15, OOS),

That was you!?!? I was there for my interview yesterday and had to run out to my car to change shoes/get my app to read over again and I came back and heard someone got accpeted OOS via phone call!!!

Congrats!!! :D

The Ohio State University: Susie Waits (phone call 12/15, OOS),

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP) hopefulvet21 (12/15 email, GEP), dollyyllama (12/15 email, 5-year), WildAtHeart (12/15 email, GEP), Susie Waits (12/15, email), ebsimsimma (12/15 email, GEP)

The Ohio State University: Susie Waits (phone call 12/15, OOS),

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP) hopefulvet21 (12/15 email, GEP), dollyyllama (12/15 email, 5-year), WildAtHeart (12/15 email, GEP), Susie Waits (12/15, email), ebsimsimma (12/15 email, GEP); bovinus (12/15 email, GEP)

That was you!?!? I was there for my interview yesterday and had to run out to my car to change shoes/get my app to read over again and I came back and heard someone got accpeted OOS via phone call!!!

Congrats!!! :D

YEP that was me!...im scared they are going to withdraw haha, I want this on paper! I hope your interview went well! maybe I will see you next year

wow! congratulations everybody! unfortunately I won't even hear back from my school (WCVM) about whether or not I get an interview until April or May, hope to be able to post here with good news then. In the meantime, so happy for all of you!

Best early Christmas present ever!! The Dean called me literally 15 minutes after my interview! :D :soexcited:

The Ohio State University: Susie Waits (phone call 12/15, OOS), Skillet9886 (phone call 12/16, OOS)

University of Edinburgh: Zoonose (12/15 email, GEP) hopefulvet21 (12/15 email, GEP), dollyyllama (12/15 email, 5-year), WildAtHeart (12/15 email, GEP), Susie Waits (12/15, email), ebsimsimma (12/15 email, GEP); bovinus (12/15 email, GEP)

Last edited:
woooooooooooo congrats, highfive :highfive: :claps:

Accepted right after my interview by the vet who interviewed me! Haven't gotten the "official" call yet though...

The Ohio State University:
Susie Waits (phone call 12/15, OOS), Skillet9886 (phone call 12/16, OOS), Bcrunner1313 (immediately after interview, 12/17, OOS)

I LOOOOOVE:banana: seeing this thread grow! Congrats to everyone on the list so far and to those who will be on it soon!:highfive:

All my schools aren't really doing any notifications till February. I just got the MSU supplemental and have a KSU interview Feb 1st but its driving me insane I just want to know already.

Got a phone call today saying they are offering me a seat! I thought my interview went horrible too!

The Ohio State University: [/B]Susie Waits (phone call 12/15, OOS), Skillet9886 (phone call 12/16, OOS), Bcrunner1313 (immediately after interview, 12/17, OOS), david594 (I:12/16, A: 12/18 phone call, OOS)

Last edited:
Wow - Congrats David!