Accepted but if don't pass a P/F class what happens?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

castudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accted to buffalo and stony brook but right now i'm not passing my anatomy lab. I still have the final but if i dont pass it, what will happen? I'm taking the lab Pass Fail.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

oooo, that will be tough man, try to keep up your grades. They do say in most acceptance letters to keep above a C in all courses. Work your butt off for that Pass. You wouldn't wanna risk it, especially since so many people are waiting to get your spot.

castudent said:
I got accted to buffalo and stony brook but right now i'm not passing my anatomy lab. I still have the final but if i dont pass it, what will happen? I'm taking the lab Pass Fail.

Thanks!

You could retake it in the Spring! Most school requires to submit the final transcript one month after the first year (dental) starts. Technically, you still have summer I which ends in July to retake it but don't wait until then. Even you fail a course (less than C or even F), you still retake it. As long as you complete the pre-requisited courses with FINAL (even retaken!) grades greater than C. If your current college doesn't allow you to take both courses (retake Anatomy I and enroll Anatomy II) at the same time, you could take it at other university or a community college nearby (local). Don't tell them (schools) you currently are enrolling at other schools, because they might not let you do so. Don't be panic! You are already admitted!!! Congratualtion! :luck: :luck: :luck:

CuRy said:
You could retake it in the Spring! Most school requires to submit the final transcript one month after the first year (dental) starts. Technically, you still have summer I which ends in July to retake it but don't wait until then. Even you fail a course (less than C or even F), you still retake it. As long as you complete the pre-requisited courses with FINAL (even retaken!) grades greater than C. If your current college doesn't allow you to take both courses (retake Anatomy I and enroll Anatomy II) at the same time, you could take it at other university or a community college nearby (local). Don't tell them (schools) you currently are enrolling at other schools, because they might not let you do so. Don't be panic! You are already admitted!!! Congratualtion! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I want to add ...
Don't think that you could substitute it with an advanced course. They just need that exact course (for compliance). After you already have accepted, you don't need to take any extra course, but you still need to have a BS degree if your program requires it.