Accepted!!!

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by Grand Teton, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Grand Teton

Grand Teton Member

I just got accepted to ICO!!! Yes...life is beautiful!!!!

Anybody else??

However....do you think I should still retake the OAT on the 19th....my scores where high enough, otherwise they would have said something...all they said was to graduate and take microbiology...however I did indicate to them that I was going to take it? I need some help...as of now..I don't want to take it!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. christie

christie Senior Member

Congratulations!!

I wouldn't retake the OAT (unless you've been spending a lot of time studying for it). I would recomend you call them just to make sure if you need to retake it. But it seems like they accepted your scores.

I think they would want you to retake the test, if it was only a pre-acceptance. If the acceptance letter did not mention anything about the OAT, then you were accepted (not just pre-accepted).

Again, congrats! :)

Back to studying I go!!

4. Grand Teton

Grand Teton Member

Thanks...I doubt I will take it..

anymore suggestions?

5. Congratulations!!

I'm a little concenred now (okay a lot). I DID interview before you. Oh no please not the thin white envelope....

6. Did you get the letter email or snail mail?

7. Grand Teton

Grand Teton Member

I got it saturday through snail mail...

don't worry about it...you will be fine.

8. r_salis

r_salis SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
    Moderator Emeritus

Optometrist
    Congratulations Grand Teton!!!! :clap:

(...now please send a little positive acceptance karma our way if you get a chance! :D )

9. rpames

rpames Optometrist

Optometrist
    That is Awesome!

10. Grand Teton

Grand Teton Member

Hey Eyegirl2007...
    The letter came in a small white envelope, so don't be alarmed when you received your acceptance letter soon!!
    Thanks everybody...the Kharma is delt in your direction!!

11. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Optometrist
    Don't worry, eyegirl... I'm sure yours will be on its way as soon as they get your OAT scores.

GT > CONGRATS !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I wouldn't take the OAT if you have an acceptance letter in your hand. (as long as ICO is your first choice). If you're gunning for another school I would retake.

CONGRATS AGAIN!
    cpw

12. Does ICO give provisional acceptances? I don't want to play this game till December...

Grand Teton you rock! We'll have to meet up next year (hopefully in class!!!)

13. Grand Teton

Grand Teton Member

Eyegirl2007,
    Remember at your interview the admissions lady said you will be receiving a letter in a couple weeks. She said that you could have four possible letters, acceptance, denial, put on hold until OAT scores, or just put on hold? I gotta go call them right now to get this OAT thing figured out!!

14. Oh yeah, thanks GT:)

I've been really distracted the past few days. I had my micro test this morning and am doing much better now. Thanks for your support and I hope you don't have to take the OAT!! Congratulations---you rock.