Grand Teton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
I just got accepted to ICO!!! Yes...life is beautiful!!!!

Anybody else??

However....do you think I should still retake the OAT on the 19th....my scores where high enough, otherwise they would have said something...all they said was to graduate and take microbiology...however I did indicate to them that I was going to take it? I need some help...as of now..I don't want to take it!!

christie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Congratulations!!

I wouldn't retake the OAT (unless you've been spending a lot of time studying for it). I would recomend you call them just to make sure if you need to retake it. But it seems like they accepted your scores.

I think they would want you to retake the test, if it was only a pre-acceptance. If the acceptance letter did not mention anything about the OAT, then you were accepted (not just pre-accepted).

Again, congrats! :)

Back to studying I go!!

About the Ads
E

Eyegirl2007

Congratulations!!

I'm a little concenred now (okay a lot). I DID interview before you. Oh no please not the thin white envelope....

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
In a dark room
Visit site
Status
Optometrist
Congratulations Grand Teton!!!! :clap:

(...now please send a little positive acceptance karma our way if you get a chance! :D )

rpames

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2000
Oshkosh, WI
Visit site
Status
Optometrist
That is Awesome!

OP
G

Grand Teton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hey Eyegirl2007...
The letter came in a small white envelope, so don't be alarmed when you received your acceptance letter soon!!
Thanks everybody...the Kharma is delt in your direction!!

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status
Optometrist
Don't worry, eyegirl... I'm sure yours will be on its way as soon as they get your OAT scores.

GT > CONGRATS !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I wouldn't take the OAT if you have an acceptance letter in your hand. (as long as ICO is your first choice). If you're gunning for another school I would retake.

CONGRATS AGAIN!
cpw

E

Eyegirl2007

Does ICO give provisional acceptances? I don't want to play this game till December...

Grand Teton you rock! We'll have to meet up next year (hopefully in class!!!)

OP
G

Grand Teton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
Eyegirl2007,
Remember at your interview the admissions lady said you will be receiving a letter in a couple weeks. She said that you could have four possible letters, acceptance, denial, put on hold until OAT scores, or just put on hold? I gotta go call them right now to get this OAT thing figured out!!

E

Eyegirl2007

Oh yeah, thanks GT:)

I've been really distracted the past few days. I had my micro test this morning and am doing much better now. Thanks for your support and I hope you don't have to take the OAT!! Congratulations---you rock.

About the Ads