Accepting 2 Job Offers... Bad idea??

Started by clachan3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clachan3

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All 😉
Do you know if it is illegal to accept two job offers? Both are salary based. One of the offers says, I have to be licensed with in 90 days of graduation. Other than that, none of the offer letters mention it will be an x number year commitment anywhere. 😕 Should I assume both of them are one year commitment, since it was not specified in the letter? Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated 😍
Thanks guys :luck:
 
Hi All 😉
Do you know if it is illegal to accept two job offers? Both are salary based. One of the offers says, I have to be licensed with in 90 days of graduation. Other than that, none of the offer letters mention it will be an x number year commitment anywhere. 😕 Should I assume both of them are one year commitment, since it was not specified in the letter? Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated 😍
Thanks guys :luck:

No it's not illegal.
 
No....I wouldn't say its illegal....but, if its a salary - is the committment for "full-time"?

How can you do two full time positions at the same time, especially we
hen salaried? That means your time is at their disposal....you can't trade one off the other.

I'd be clear about your time committment, how much availability you need to have for them, and - if you're a pharmacist - I'd assume both require you to be licensed if they are paying for a pharmacist.

Good luck!
 
Hi All 😉
Do you know if it is illegal to accept two job offers? Both are salary based. One of the offers says, I have to be licensed with in 90 days of graduation. Other than that, none of the offer letters mention it will be an x number year commitment anywhere. 😕 Should I assume both of them are one year commitment, since it was not specified in the letter? Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated 😍
Thanks guys :luck:

Just keep in mind, if it doesn't specify and you think it's one year and they think it's 5 it could get very ugly. I'd have them specify what time frame they're expecting so it doesn't come back to bite either of you.