Accredited program seeking to fill residency positions preemptively?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNers,

I stumbled upon a program, while job hunting after not matching :( , that states they want a pharmacy resident preemptively chosen by them. However, I know that program is accredited. What is strange is that I did not see them listed in the post-match list of programs! All I am curious is will that position be considered accredited? Is it possible for a program to opt out of the post match and then select their own residents? Basically all I care is if I apply and get chosen, will that residency be accredited? Any help is appreciated :) Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDNers,

I stumbled upon a program, while job hunting after not matching :( , that states they want a pharmacy resident preemptively chosen by them. However, I know that program is accredited. What is strange is that I did not see them listed in the post-match list of programs! All I am curious is will that position be considered accredited? Is it possible for a program to opt out of the post match and then select their own residents? Basically all I care is if I apply and get chosen, will that residency be accredited? Any help is appreciated :) Thank you!

Sounds like this "position" is just an HR required step to hiring a matched applicant. We have the same procedure and so do other residencies around me. Some programs require applicants to "apply" before they get interviewed, after they get interviewed, or even after they match.

I know one site that makes you "apply" for the job on their HR website about a week before you actually start PGY1.

Sounds like this "position" is just an HR required step to hiring a matched applicant. We have the same procedure and so do other residencies around me. Some programs require applicants to "apply" before they get interviewed, after they get interviewed, or even after they match.

I know one site that makes you "apply" for the job on their HR website about a week before you actually start PGY1.

Oh I see! That makes sense...I knew there should be something I am missing here. Thank you so much :)