PGY2 Available Positions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Papichulooo_92

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question, many of the PGY2 programs I was looking at is not currently participating in PPS. Do I automatically assume they are filled due to early commitment? Or more likely not filled and just don't participate in PPS.

Also, I am registered in the match and looking at programs "participating" and I already know for a FACT from reaching out to programs prior that they are already filled (due to early commitment). Kind of looking for the answer of how to demystify all of this. Want to save time investing in these programs prior to midyear and learning in 5 seconds they are filled and gone.
 
A lot of programs don't participate in PPS! If they need 3 showcase times to show all the residency programs, there's unfortunately no way to fit all of them and industry into PPS.

But yeah, I know the ASHP program list isn't as updated as it could be. Several programs have definitely early committed and still are listed. I assume that the list will be more updated closer to program deadlines, but I have no idea either. 🙁