Accuracy of new applicant rating system?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Can anyone confirm the accuracy of Wedgedawg's applicant rating system? I just tried it out and am very pleased with my results but I don't want a false positive result.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd suggest being conservative when giving yourself marks for ECs. In my experience "we", myself include, are notoriously generous with ourselves even when we are trying to be even-handed.

Reactions: 1 user
Very true. I tried to be as honest as possible. I found myself in between because I had a few aspects of one and a few aspects of another in a couple categories so I went up.

Members don't see this ad :)
The reason I didn't post in that thread is because it has become almost 10 pages long and I doubted that anyone would answer my question.

It's a system for creating a basic list of schools to apply to, but as I've said before, you should use your own analysis and judgment to modify it to your individual needs.

I also do read every post in that thread and if you have any questions that need to be answered privately, I do encourage PMs. Fortunately, other members of the community also are willing and certainly able to respond to the thread as well.

Reactions: 1 user