ACOM Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Where is everybody coming from?

  • Alabama

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other Southeast

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Pacific Coast

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Desert

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockies

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Rust Belt

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Midwest

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Northeast

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Texas (probably deserves its own, right?)

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • International

    Votes: 1 2.9%

  • Total voters
    35

williameb23

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought I'd start a thread for ACOM's 2020 class to connect before July. Congrats and I'm excited to meet all of you! Post any of your questions or comments about the matriculation packet, housing, waitlists, etc. As an OOS matriculant I'd love to hear what everybody is looking forward to at ACOM or saw in Dothan that they were excited about.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Just poppin in to say hi from Maryland! I can't wait to start school. I'm super excited and nervous to move so far away from home. Can't wait to explore Dothan!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone explain how cold it gets there? I guess no snow from the posts above, but will it get in the 30s ever?

daily_high_and_low_temperature_temperature_f.png
 
Last edited:
Anyone know if ACOM is going to send us info on the school affiliated health plan?
I was just wondering this same thing! I am going to lose my health insurance since I'm quitting my job shortly, so I need to sign up ASAP ha
 
I was just wondering this same thing! I am going to lose my health insurance since I'm quitting my job shortly, so I need to sign up ASAP ha

You should be able to continue your health coverage for another 1.5 years. I would personally just use it to not have gaps in coverage while I look for a better option because my current plan is very locally focused.
 
You should be able to continue your health coverage for another 1.5 years. I would personally just use it to not have gaps in coverage while I look for a better option because my current plan is very locally focused.
Sometimes the exchanges are cheaper than Cobra. If you have chronic med issues you definitely don't want a lapse in coverage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
Sometimes the exchanges are cheaper than Cobra. If you have chronic med issues you definitely don't want a lapse in coverage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
I don't have any chronic med issues, just do the annual check ups and what not. I'm looking into how long the coverage will last after my last official date. It would be nice to have the insurance info from ACOM just so we all can start looking into it if needed.
 
I don't have any chronic med issues, just do the annual check ups and what not. I'm looking into how long the coverage will last after my last official date. It would be nice to have the insurance info from ACOM just so we all can start looking into it if needed.
During interview they mentioned they might switch to the ACA exchange as well. I'm sure they would tell you more if you emailed them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought I'd start a thread for ACOM's 2020 class to connect before July. Congrats and I'm excited to meet all of you! Post any of your questions or comments about the matriculation packet, housing, waitlists, etc. As an OOS matriculant I'd love to hear what everybody is looking forward to at ACOM or saw in Dothan that they were excited about.

Hello,

I was waitlisted for ACOM in January 2018. I talked to admissions and he told me I was in the top half and that ACOM usually takes about 30-40 people off their waitlist. Do any of you happen to know my odds of getting into the school? He said ACOM starts utilizing the waitlist in April. But I was wondering when does the BULK of this waitlist start to move?

Thanks!

For reference: MCAT 501, GPA 3.3, sGPA 3.1